Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX590 and GeForce 210 won't work together
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

GTX590 and GeForce 210 won't work together - Page 2

post #11 of 25
It sounds like your drivers are all over the place.

I would go for a clean install on a spare hard drive first and see how it goes before wiping your current installation.

Gear mentioned in this thread:

post #12 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDevil666;15354940 
I went through all the steps like you said sadly to no avail.
First thing i noticed is even though i did driver sweep and reboot installation of 275.33 WHQL prompted me that newer versions of the files are already on my system , when i chose to overwrite them installation failed at PhysX driver.
I rebooted and installed it again , it installed fine this time but i got the same result as soon as i popped the 210 in.
I tried 280.26 with the same result.
I tried to install 210 first than add 590 no go .
What i noticed this time when i tried to "power through" boot with the 210 installed i get BSOD before login screen it says problem was with nvlddmkm.sys , i think it was machine check exception (not sure though).
No idea what to do now short of reinstalling the whole system.

Then you have 1 of 2 problems.

NVLDDMKM is 90% of the time a driver issue BUT, that 10% of the time it could be a bad card.

Considering your 590 is running solid, I'd make a bet that the 210 is faulty...However, you said the same issue is true of the 8800 so, that leaves me with 1 conclusion.

I'd almost bet that either 1) Your PCI slots are bad or 2) Your PCI slots aren't getting enough power.

What ALSO could be happening is that you have driver roots already integrated...This would require a fresh install then follow the steps I noted.

Make sure whatever you do, install the 590 FIRST, then the other card...It presets a master/slave sort of setup and that's your ultimate goal, really.

I know this works, I'm doing it and I know of @2 other members doing it as well...So, it's absolutely is possible...

If the windows reinstall doesn't work, it's definitely a card/board issue.
post #13 of 25
I had the EXACT same problem with the GT210 and never figured it out, I just gave up. I was running GTX570 SLI for the primary screen and wanted to use the 210 for an accessory display and it absolutely refused to work no matter what I did. The Gt210 ended up dying afterwards.
post #14 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked;15355074 
Then you have 1 of 2 problems.

NVLDDMKM is 90% of the time a driver issue BUT, that 10% of the time it could be a bad card.

Considering your 590 is running solid, I'd make a bet that the 210 is faulty...However, you said the same issue is true of the 8800 so, that leaves me with 1 conclusion.

I'd almost bet that either 1) Your PCI slots are bad or 2) Your PCI slots aren't getting enough power.

What ALSO could be happening is that you have driver roots already integrated...This would require a fresh install then follow the steps I noted.

Make sure whatever you do, install the 590 FIRST, then the other card...It presets a master/slave sort of setup and that's your ultimate goal, really.

I know this works, I'm doing it and I know of @2 other members doing it as well...So, it's absolutely is possible...

If the windows reinstall doesn't work, it's definitely a card/board issue.

I don't think is a boar issue because i used to run GTX480SLI just 1.5 months ago and before that i had single 480 + 275 for PhysX and second monitor.
As for the power ...... well honestly not sure ... you mean my PSU is not enough ?
I'm going to try fresh install now i needed to do it anyway , one question outside this topic though , what should i do with my SSD ? just simply format it or some sort of secure erase would be better.
The reason I'm asking is i kinda hope to regain some original performance.
Devils Minion
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @4.5 Ghz Gigabyte Z170Z Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16GB G-Skill DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 512 Seagate 3TB 7200RPM HDD Hitachi 3TB 5400 RPM HDD Samsung 951 NVMe 512GB  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy  2x XSPC 240 Rad XSPC Vario D5 XSPS Reservoir 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK GTX1080 Waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator X34 3440x1440  Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM1000x Be Quiet Dark Rock 900 Pro Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Steel Series H Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
Devils Minion
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @4.5 Ghz Gigabyte Z170Z Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16GB G-Skill DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 512 Seagate 3TB 7200RPM HDD Hitachi 3TB 5400 RPM HDD Samsung 951 NVMe 512GB  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy  2x XSPC 240 Rad XSPC Vario D5 XSPS Reservoir 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK GTX1080 Waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator X34 3440x1440  Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM1000x Be Quiet Dark Rock 900 Pro Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Steel Series H Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49;15355119 
I had the EXACT same problem with the GT210 and never figured it out, I just gave up. I was running GTX570 SLI for the primary screen and wanted to use the 210 for an accessory display and it absolutely refused to work no matter what I did. The Gt210 ended up dying afterwards.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDevil666;15355214 
I don't think is a boar issue because i used to run GTX480SLI just 1.5 months ago and before that i had single 480 + 275 for PhysX and second monitor.
As for the power ...... well honestly not sure ... you mean my PSU is not enough ?
I'm going to try fresh install now i needed to do it anyway , one question outside this topic though , what should i do with my SSD ? just simply format it or some sort of secure erase would be better.
The reason I'm asking is i kinda hope to regain some original performance.

If your board is fine, then I'd agree with Scorpion...It has to be the card.

And, you might as well just format it...Honestly couldn't tell you if there is/was a better way.
post #16 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked;15355263 
If your board is fine, then I'd agree with Scorpion...It has to be the card.

And, you might as well just format it...Honestly couldn't tell you if there is/was a better way.

See i thought about it too but i have old 8600GT and it's the same thing when i try to use it which makes it even more confusing.headscratch.gif
Both of them boot just fine on their own.
Devils Minion
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @4.5 Ghz Gigabyte Z170Z Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16GB G-Skill DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 512 Seagate 3TB 7200RPM HDD Hitachi 3TB 5400 RPM HDD Samsung 951 NVMe 512GB  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy  2x XSPC 240 Rad XSPC Vario D5 XSPS Reservoir 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK GTX1080 Waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator X34 3440x1440  Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM1000x Be Quiet Dark Rock 900 Pro Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Steel Series H Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
Devils Minion
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @4.5 Ghz Gigabyte Z170Z Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16GB G-Skill DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 512 Seagate 3TB 7200RPM HDD Hitachi 3TB 5400 RPM HDD Samsung 951 NVMe 512GB  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy  2x XSPC 240 Rad XSPC Vario D5 XSPS Reservoir 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK GTX1080 Waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator X34 3440x1440  Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM1000x Be Quiet Dark Rock 900 Pro Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Steel Series H Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49;15355119 
I had the EXACT same problem with the GT210 and never figured it out, I just gave up. I was running GTX570 SLI for the primary screen and wanted to use the 210 for an accessory display and it absolutely refused to work no matter what I did. The Gt210 ended up dying afterwards.

Did you try to reinstall the Windows ?
Devils Minion
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @4.5 Ghz Gigabyte Z170Z Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16GB G-Skill DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 512 Seagate 3TB 7200RPM HDD Hitachi 3TB 5400 RPM HDD Samsung 951 NVMe 512GB  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy  2x XSPC 240 Rad XSPC Vario D5 XSPS Reservoir 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK GTX1080 Waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator X34 3440x1440  Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM1000x Be Quiet Dark Rock 900 Pro Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Steel Series H Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
Devils Minion
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 6700K @4.5 Ghz Gigabyte Z170Z Gaming 7 Nvidia GTX 1080Ti 16GB G-Skill DDR4  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 EVO 512 Seagate 3TB 7200RPM HDD Hitachi 3TB 5400 RPM HDD Samsung 951 NVMe 512GB  
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
EK Supremacy  2x XSPC 240 Rad XSPC Vario D5 XSPS Reservoir 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
2X EK GTX1080 Waterblock Windows 10 Pro x64 Acer Predator X34 3440x1440  Logitech G910 Orion Spark 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair RM1000x Be Quiet Dark Rock 900 Pro Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Steel Series H Wireless 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 25
Maybe with the newer cards, it won't let you use older model cards in conjuction as a slave card?

I see Masked is using his with a GTX 590 + a GTX 580, which are both Fermi chips. Maybe Nvidia implemented something new in their drivers that we don't know about? Or maybe because one card is DX11 capable while the other is not is causing the issue?

Because when you mention that you get a BSOD when Windows is loading, it is probably BSOD'ing right at the point where it loads the video drivers.

If you can, I would try a different card maybe, like GT440 or something equivalent?

EDIT - Now that I see this, the DX10/11 thing might be the problem, as an 8600GT is also DX10:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDevil666;15355296 
See i thought about it too but i have old 8600GT and it's the same thing when i try to use it which makes it even more confusing.headscratch.gif
Both of them boot just fine on their own.

Edited by m3th0d1c4l - 10/18/11 at 11:47am
post #19 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobotDevil666;15355319 
Did you try to reinstall the Windows ?

It was on a fresh install, the only other thing I had installed first was the 570's. I returned it for another 210 but I haven't even opened it yet, its just a spare in case I need it. I can bring it out and try at home since I'm running a 590 now too, maybe I can figure something out that helps. (in about 4 or 5 hours when I get off of work).
post #20 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by m3th0d1c4l;15356469 
Maybe with the newer cards, it won't let you use older model cards in conjuction as a slave card?

I see Masked is using his with a GTX 590 + a GTX 580, which are both Fermi chips. Maybe Nvidia implemented something new in their drivers that we don't know about? Or maybe because one card is DX11 capable while the other is not is causing the issue?

Because when you mention that you get a BSOD when Windows is loading, it is probably BSOD'ing right at the point where it loads the video drivers.

If you can, I would try a different card maybe, like GT440 or something equivalent?

I would actually break out the stupid stick if this was the case (On Nvidia's behalf, obviously) but, it's entirely possible.

See if you can snag a higher series card...440 works...is cheap enough as well, let us know what happens.

You should be able to have multiple driver profiles though...That is/was one of the selling points of windows 7...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA

Gear mentioned in this thread:

Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › GTX590 and GeForce 210 won't work together