Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [SCALI] AMD Bulldozer BSOD problems on AMD Games:
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[SCALI] AMD Bulldozer BSOD problems on AMD Games: - Page 3

post #21 of 83
Oh poor twisted AMD. I really hate all this bad news on BD, makes me very sad like this --> sad-smiley-002.gif

Perhaps we would've been better off with a die-shrunken and enhanced Phenom II. Despite all the other better products, it took a Sandy Bridge to finally get me off my 955 C3. Just pitiful AMD, pitiful.

Here's to a (hopefully) speedy recovery! cheers.gif
Lounge Machine
(17 items)
 
Doc Wallace
(14 items)
 
Cap'n Crunch
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-2500K @ 4.70 GHz Asus P8P67 Pro XFX Double D R9 280 [1200/1600] 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-2133 [9-11-10-28] 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Chronos 120GB SATA3 Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB Asus DRW-24B1ST XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Asus VH236H Rosewill RK-7300 Rosewill RX750-S-B 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Lancool PC-K62 Logitech Mx518 Realtek HD 192KHz Visiontek Killer 2100 NIC 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.80 GHz ASRock 770iCafe AM3+ EVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Nova 30GB WD Caviar Blue 640GB Lite-On DVDRW Corsair H50 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Pro x64 Asus VH236H Corsair CX430 Diablotek EVO RPA-6170 
Mouse
Logitech LX3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon 3060 @ 3.6GHz MSI P35 Platinum EVGA Geforce GTS 250 512MB 2GB OCZ Fatal1ty + 2GB ADATA Premier DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung HD161HJ DVDRW Xigmatek Dark Knight Windows 7 Home Premium x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Compaq S1922A Cheifmax 650W Raidmax Smilodon EB Logitech LX3 
  hide details  
Reply
Lounge Machine
(17 items)
 
Doc Wallace
(14 items)
 
Cap'n Crunch
(12 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i5-2500K @ 4.70 GHz Asus P8P67 Pro XFX Double D R9 280 [1200/1600] 8GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3-2133 [9-11-10-28] 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Mushkin Chronos 120GB SATA3 Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB Asus DRW-24B1ST XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro x64 Asus VH236H Rosewill RK-7300 Rosewill RX750-S-B 
CaseMouseAudioOther
Lancool PC-K62 Logitech Mx518 Realtek HD 192KHz Visiontek Killer 2100 NIC 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.80 GHz ASRock 770iCafe AM3+ EVGA Geforce GTX 460 1GB 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Nova 30GB WD Caviar Blue 640GB Lite-On DVDRW Corsair H50 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 7 Pro x64 Asus VH236H Corsair CX430 Diablotek EVO RPA-6170 
Mouse
Logitech LX3 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon 3060 @ 3.6GHz MSI P35 Platinum EVGA Geforce GTS 250 512MB 2GB OCZ Fatal1ty + 2GB ADATA Premier DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
Samsung HD161HJ DVDRW Xigmatek Dark Knight Windows 7 Home Premium x64 
MonitorPowerCaseMouse
Compaq S1922A Cheifmax 650W Raidmax Smilodon EB Logitech LX3 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUGGERNAUTXTR View Post
because everybody kept screaming,********,pissing and moaning, oh another delay.....ohhhhh my god the world is ending.... instead of AMD take your time so you can get it right.

so they release it and everybody is still p.o. because it doesn't perform to expectation.....
gee I wonder why AMD is keeping their mouth shut.
thet waiting for a bunch of impatient numb skulls to pull their head from their posteriors.
Because the 6 years they worked on the architecture wasn't enough to begin with??

That and the fact that they pushed it back TWICE!?

You say that they release it because of all the moaning and bickering on the FORUMS!? You don't think that their STOCKHOLDERS had anything to say about it?? "I'm an AMD shareholder and I LOVE seeing my money disintegrating because of the delays in the release of Bulldozer. Herp-a-derp!"

Obviously, by promising the world to people who stuck with AMD and bough new AM3+ boards that they would be handsomely rewarded in the end, doctoring test results and then releasing the piece of crap that they don't care about the average consumer.

You need to give your head a shake and wake-up dude...
Edited by nakano2k1 - 10/19/11 at 2:56pm
 
Acer V7-482PG
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1400 4.0ghz @1.33V GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Dual Classified w/ EVGA... Mushkin Redline DDR4 3200mhz 16gb (8gb x 2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sandisk Plus 256gb Toshiba 7200rpm 2tb Toshiba 7200rpm 2tb Deepcool Gamaxx 400 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64bit ASUS Designo MX299Q Logitech K800 EVGA Supernova 750w G2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 270R Logitech performance mouse MX Steelseries QcK 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4200u Haswell ULT NVidia GT 750m 12gb DDR3L 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorAudio
32gb SSD + 1tb HDD Windows 10 64-bit 14" Glossy AHVA 1080p Touchscreen Realtek HD 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Acer V7-482PG
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Ryzen 5 1400 4.0ghz @1.33V GIGABYTE GA-AB350-Gaming EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti Dual Classified w/ EVGA... Mushkin Redline DDR4 3200mhz 16gb (8gb x 2) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Sandisk Plus 256gb Toshiba 7200rpm 2tb Toshiba 7200rpm 2tb Deepcool Gamaxx 400 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 64bit ASUS Designo MX299Q Logitech K800 EVGA Supernova 750w G2 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair 270R Logitech performance mouse MX Steelseries QcK 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-4200u Haswell ULT NVidia GT 750m 12gb DDR3L 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorAudio
32gb SSD + 1tb HDD Windows 10 64-bit 14" Glossy AHVA 1080p Touchscreen Realtek HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 83
amd failed big time ...
PandaDustSnorter
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x2 240 Gigabyte MA785F-UD3H His 4850 IceQ4 512mb 4x1Gb Corsair XMS2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 500GB SP3 LG DVD-Writer Windows 7 64bit RTM 19" iiYama ProLite E1900S 2ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft 600 ThermalTake 420W T2 darn Razer Imperator 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries WOTLK Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
PandaDustSnorter
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Athlon II x2 240 Gigabyte MA785F-UD3H His 4850 IceQ4 512mb 4x1Gb Corsair XMS2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Samsung 500GB SP3 LG DVD-Writer Windows 7 64bit RTM 19" iiYama ProLite E1900S 2ms 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft 600 ThermalTake 420W T2 darn Razer Imperator 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries WOTLK Edition 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuackPot View Post
That the nail going into the coffin then?
Your sig quote is outstanding!!!!!
Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 820 (L3 Cache Unlocked) 3.625Ghz Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 HIS 6950 2GB Unlocked 840/1325 1.1v 4GB Corsair XMS2 CL9 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 50GB 640GB WD Black/500GB WD Samsung DVD Burner x24 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 3x Samsung SyncMaster E2320x Eyefinity - 6048x1080 
PowerCase
OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Cooler Master 310 Mid Case 
  hide details  
Reply
Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 820 (L3 Cache Unlocked) 3.625Ghz Asus M4A89GTD Pro/USB3 HIS 6950 2GB Unlocked 840/1325 1.1v 4GB Corsair XMS2 CL9 1333 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 50GB 640GB WD Black/500GB WD Samsung DVD Burner x24 Windows 7 Ultimate x64 3x Samsung SyncMaster E2320x Eyefinity - 6048x1080 
PowerCase
OCZ ModXStream Pro 600W Cooler Master 310 Mid Case 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUGGERNAUTXTR View Post
because everybody kept screaming,********,pissing and moaning, oh another delay.....ohhhhh my god the world is ending.... instead of AMD take your time so you can get it right.

so they release it and everybody is still p.o. because it doesn't perform to expectation.....
gee I wonder why AMD is keeping their mouth shut.
thet waiting for a bunch of impatient numb skulls to pull their head from their posteriors.
Huh Thats your theory!! There are a few story's floating around from a few ex AMD engineers and they tell another theory that makes more sense. AMD dont give a crap about you nor will release a chip because one throws a temper tantrum. Give me a break!!!

And remember, the screaming and yelling didn't get real loud until AMD committed to a release and it never happened. If you tell a kid your going to give him candy and how yummy it is, then put it back in your pocket......... the misery starts and its all your doings. After the long tease hand the kid a celery stick and call it AMD.

AMD is to blame all the way around. NOT US the enthusiast!! Geeez
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom x6 1090T Crosshair IV Formula 5850 Toxic 4GB DDR3 Muskin Ridgebacks 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x Torqx 64GB SSD RAID0/Seagate 1TB Windows 7 x64 3x LG w2353V 23" 1920 x 1080 Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX750W Haf 932 G5 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom x6 1090T Crosshair IV Formula 5850 Toxic 4GB DDR3 Muskin Ridgebacks 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
2x Torqx 64GB SSD RAID0/Seagate 1TB Windows 7 x64 3x LG w2353V 23" 1920 x 1080 Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX750W Haf 932 G5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 83
This thread has been surprisingly quiet.

My theory is that we've all come to acknowledge what will happen once we all decide to open our big yaps.

That being said--AMD seems to acknowledge the issue and have a fix for it planned in the future. That's not too bad.
Stupid Box
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 6600k Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5 Asus GTX 970 DirectCU Mini Crucial Ballistix Sport 2 x 4GB DDR4 2400 CL16  
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD Prolimatech Samuel 17 w/ Ultra Sleek Vortex 12 Fan Windows 7 Home Premium KB87 Bluetooth CNC Acrylic Mechanical Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
SilverStone ST45SF-G 450w SFX PSU SG05W-Lite Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
Stupid Box
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 6600k Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming 5 Asus GTX 970 DirectCU Mini Crucial Ballistix Sport 2 x 4GB DDR4 2400 CL16  
Hard DriveCoolingOSKeyboard
Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB M.2 SSD Prolimatech Samuel 17 w/ Ultra Sleek Vortex 12 Fan Windows 7 Home Premium KB87 Bluetooth CNC Acrylic Mechanical Keyboard 
PowerCaseMouse
SilverStone ST45SF-G 450w SFX PSU SG05W-Lite Logitech G602 Wireless Gaming Mouse 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 83
these BSOD stuff is very sad to hear,AMD just cant catch a break on this release

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUGGERNAUTXTR View Post
because everybody kept screaming,********,pissing and moaning, oh another delay.....ohhhhh my god the world is ending.... instead of AMD take your time so you can get it right.

so they release it and everybody is still p.o. because it doesn't perform to expectation.....
gee I wonder why AMD is keeping their mouth shut.
thet waiting for a bunch of impatient numb skulls to pull their head from their posteriors.
Wow!!
you obviously didn't pay attention to JF-AMD about how insignificant we the enthusiasts and desktop users are in the grand scheme of things.even if you took every AMD user who screamed "release it now" on every forum on the internet and added them all up, it wouldn't even register on AMD's "OMG the people are demanding we release it" radar.so please don't even try and blame us the customer for this botched release,AMD did this all by themselves
OEMs are the only ones who affect AMD's worries about release schedules
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A6-3650 8.32GHz so close Gigabyte A75M-UD2H sapphire HD3450 2x2GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
western digital 320GB ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ASUS LED 23.6" MS246H 
PowerCase
Corsair 400W cardboard box w/lots of holes for fans 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD A6-3650 8.32GHz so close Gigabyte A75M-UD2H sapphire HD3450 2x2GB DDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
western digital 320GB ASUS DRW-24B1ST DVD Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate x64 ASUS LED 23.6" MS246H 
PowerCase
Corsair 400W cardboard box w/lots of holes for fans 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUGGERNAUTXTR View Post
because everybody kept screaming,********,pissing and moaning, oh another delay.....ohhhhh my god the world is ending.... instead of AMD take your time so you can get it right.

so they release it and everybody is still p.o. because it doesn't perform to expectation.....
gee I wonder why AMD is keeping their mouth shut.
thet waiting for a bunch of impatient numb skulls to pull their head from their posteriors.
Ohhh I don't know.....maybe cause they have delayed it since April this year?....They had plenty of time.
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz (4.6 Cache) Asus Maximus VIII Hero EVGA GTX1080 FTW 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V F4 3200MHz 16-16-16-36 (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD Vertex 4 256GB 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM NZXT Kraken X61 w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit BenQ XL2730Z Corsair AX1200 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass 
AudioOther
Creative Sound Blaster ZxR + JDS Objective2 HiFiMAN HE-400 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K @ 4.6GHz (4.6 Cache) Asus Maximus VIII Hero EVGA GTX1080 FTW 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws V F4 3200MHz 16-16-16-36 (... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD Vertex 4 256GB 3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM NZXT Kraken X61 w/ 2x Noctua NF-A14 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Windows 10 Pro 64bit BenQ XL2730Z Corsair AX1200 Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX Tempered Glass 
AudioOther
Creative Sound Blaster ZxR + JDS Objective2 HiFiMAN HE-400 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUGGERNAUTXTR View Post
because everybody kept screaming,********,pissing and moaning, oh another delay.....ohhhhh my god the world is ending.... instead of AMD take your time so you can get it right.

so they release it and everybody is still p.o. because it doesn't perform to expectation.....
gee I wonder why AMD is keeping their mouth shut.
thet waiting for a bunch of impatient numb skulls to pull their head from their posteriors.
Yep, it's the enthusiasts fault who make up 6% of their sales. It has nothing to do with taking 6 years to bring BD to market, facing a couple delays this year to fix the issues they were having, and releasing it one month before SB-E hits the market, so it wouldn't look worse. It also has nothing to do with poor yields, and other performance issues they are having with that modular futuristic design. It's so future proof, that it doesn't work well today.

They were trying to "please us", by over-hyping and under-delivering, so we would talk greatly about Bulldozer upon release. It's all our fault.

I point you to this thread for further reading on how it's all our fault:
http://www.overclock.net/hardware-ne...l#post15335574

And here, for further "possibilities"
http://www.overclock.net/rumors-unco...-employee.html

Or, perhaps, maybe, just maybe, the choice to share resources with their "8 cores" is affecting single threaded performance, since most software doesn't scale well beyond 4 cores. The high power consumption, I don't know what's causing that, and I'm sure AMD won't tell us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noahhova View Post
Your sig quote is outstanding!!!!!
Surely you like mine then?
Edited by 2010rig - 10/19/11 at 4:21pm
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
Reply
2010rig
(14 items)
 
Galaxy S3
(8 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
X5660 @ 4.5  ASUS P6X58D-E 980TI? 12GB OCZ Platinum - 7-7-7-21 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
1 80GB SSD x25m - 3TB F3 + F4 NH-D14 Windows 7 Ultimate LG 47LH55 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Natural Wireless Keyboard Corsair 750HX CM 690 II Advanced MX 518 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Snapdragon S4 Dual core 1500mhz Adreno 225 Samsung 2GB 16GB Onboard Flash 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Android 4.4.2 - CM11 4.8" AMOLED 1280x720 2100 mAh battery Otterbox Defender 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by JUGGERNAUTXTR View Post
because everybody kept screaming,********,pissing and moaning, oh another delay.....ohhhhh my god the world is ending.... instead of AMD take your time so you can get it right.

so they release it and everybody is still p.o. because it doesn't perform to expectation.....
gee I wonder why AMD is keeping their mouth shut.
thet waiting for a bunch of impatient numb skulls to pull their head from their posteriors.
Lol yeah I'm sure the CEO thought 'oh gawd the relatively small market of pc enthusiasts are getting annoyed with our delays, guys I don't care where we are with final polishing, get that chip out there now!'

Don't believe that the public made AMD rush the product that they intended as a flagship processor.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [SCALI] AMD Bulldozer BSOD problems on AMD Games: