Time to correct some misinformation here.
Originally Posted by Nausicaa
I've used Android for all my phones, but I had an iPhone since I got a good deal. I prefer the iPhone, maybe for the same reason you prefer Android... novelty. When something is different, it seems 'better'.
2 It has additional functionalities built it, sometimes it breaks something, but good ones don't.
4 I think you need an unlock code
5 s2 is better.
6 All phones will eventually get it, or so they say. You can install custom roms to do it yourself.
No, most, if not all Android phones right now, can only use 32GB microSDHC unless they support microSDXC.
Originally Posted by SIMPSONATOR
IIRC newegg has a class 10 64gb for about $50
No, they don't. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ame=Class%2010
There also are no microSDXC available for purchase, from what I can see.
Originally Posted by TheSonicEmerald
1. MicroSD cards seems to max out at 32GB capacities, but if you cash on a 64GB (if there is one), it could work.
2. Roms mostly add performance improvements, little more customization, more themes, and stuff. There's a lot that one can add in the making of a rom.
Don't know about 3 and 4.
5. It's more or less about opinion, but if I were to choose, I would go with the SGSII, as it boasts superior screen, camera, and performance. As well the thinness and asthetic differences.
6. ICS should be coming to those phones. It hasn't been confirmed for either the devices specifically, but Google has mentioned that all 2.3 devices (what the devices are running know) are able to update to ICS, whether the manufacturer chooses to update it. Note that it should be updated post-November.
Trying to as much help as I could.
Nope, the phone needs to support microSDXC, which, none released up to now, to my knowledge, has the support.
Originally Posted by doc2142
It was the HTC sensation. This is from a 3gs/iphone4 user.
Holy.... What was I thinking not getting this phone....
customization... no need to jailbreak?!?!?!
It honestly feels like I was using an inferior device. With this I feel like I have a real phone in my hands. (personal opinion)
This phone isn't mine its my dad's, the reason of this thread was I had few questions about Android since I know NOTHING about them.
1. I know the phone comes with 4gb storage, what is the max that it can put on it with sd card? 32gb or 64gb?
2. When you guys talk about "roms" what exactly does it change on the phone when you have a different rom is it like changing windows or just a theme? for example I am looking at the CM 7.1, because it has Arabic support. Will I lose any functions of my phone, ie google apps and what not? syncing?
3. I know the phone has DLNA, I don't own a tv that can connect to the internet, can I stream videos/pictures to the tv via my PS3 or wii? or the only option I have is to get an hdmi cable to connect from phone to tv?
4. Unlocking, how hard is it? I want to use this phone when I travel outside of USA.
5. I am looking to get a android myself, since this is my dads. Is the galaxy s2 a lot better than this? I don't care much for camera quality and the screen looks stunning I don't know how it can get any better. However, I do feel the screen size on the sensation is perfect so any bigger wouldn't really be a + for me. So any other phone suggestions beside the s2 or the sensation that I might like?
6. I saw a bit of ICS yesterday, and I heard it does officially support full arabic read and write, will I be able to get it on this phone or the gs2? or do I need to get the new nexsus phone?
Those are the questions I have now, I know they are a lot but it would awesome if I can get help with some of them!
1. The max is 32GB.
2. Think of it being similar to difference flavors of linux based on the same distro; ie Debian, Ubuntu, Mint. These distros are all based upon Debian, but they differ in some way, be it kernel, looks, included software, etc.
3. Don't know lol.
4. Depends on the phone, some can be unlocked easily and for free.
5. I would personally wait for the Samsung GALAXY Nexus, but the Samsung GALAXY SII is a fine phone, fast too.
6. Good question!