Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › DEMCiflex filters question
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

DEMCiflex filters question

post #1 of 40
Thread Starter 
getting the DEMCiflex filters (http://www.demcifilter.com/) for the 600T's:

1. Sidepanel housing 4 Enermax TB Silences (72 m³/h).
2. rear intake housing 2 GT-15s (98 m³/h - 1 is dead, RMAing and will wait for a replacement..).

I got 2 questions-

1. the necessarily stupid question, but i can't help it - isn't it dangerous to be putting magnetic filters this close to all the components? I asked their rep and he assured me it isn't, but wanna make sure here too proof.gif

2. has anyone got DEMCiflex filters, and specifically with these fans, or fans with these ratings? would be happy to hear your experiences

thx guys
post #2 of 40
My filters for the Corsair 650D are being shipped right now, so can't tell you any experience with them, but I can say that the magnets on them are much, much too weak to harm anything. I suppose you should avoid actually wrapping your HDDs in the filters, just to be safe, but other than that, no worries.
post #3 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celoth;15378713 
My filters for the Corsair 650D are being shipped right now, so can't tell you any experience with them, but I can say that the magnets on them are much, much too weak to harm anything. I suppose you should avoid actually wrapping your HDDs in the filters, just to be safe, but other than that, no worries.

thanks for the input man, was pretty sure but better safe than sorry biggrin.gif

anyone got ones and can share their impressions?
post #4 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by templar;15378084 
getting the DEMCiflex filters (http://www.demcifilter.com/) for the 600T's:

1. Sidepanel housing 4 Enermax TB Silences (72 m³/h).
2. rear intake housing 2 GT-15s (98 m³/h - 1 is dead, RMAing and will wait for a replacement..).

I got 2 questions-

1. the necessarily stupid question, but i can't help it - isn't it dangerous to be putting magnetic filters this close to all the components? I asked their rep and he assured me it isn't, but wanna make sure here too proof.gif

2. has anyone got DEMCiflex filters, and specifically with these fans, or fans with these ratings? would be happy to hear your experiences

thx guys
Stay away from Demciflex filters.
Old rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Maximus V Gene MSI Radeon R9 280X Gaming G.Skill Trident 2400 C10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial M500 240 Hitach HDT721010 EK Supremacy Clear CSQ Alphacool XT45 360+240 
CoolingCoolingMonitorPower
EK-VGA Supreme HF Swiftech MCP655 Asus MX239H Antec TP 550 New 
CaseAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Black M Creative X-Fi Extreme 
  hide details  
Reply
Old rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Maximus V Gene MSI Radeon R9 280X Gaming G.Skill Trident 2400 C10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial M500 240 Hitach HDT721010 EK Supremacy Clear CSQ Alphacool XT45 360+240 
CoolingCoolingMonitorPower
EK-VGA Supreme HF Swiftech MCP655 Asus MX239H Antec TP 550 New 
CaseAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Black M Creative X-Fi Extreme 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppy007;15379316 
Stay away from Demciflex filters.

point taken. weird i didn't find it on my initial search here.. confused.gif
any other idea on how to filter 4 120mm's in a sidepanel config (2x2)?
post #6 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppy007;15379316 
Stay away from Demciflex filters.

headscratch.gif

I used three DEMCiflex filters on my antec 900 for over a year with no issues.
Hephaestus
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 2500K [4.5Ghz][100x45][1.29v] MSi P67A-GD65 [1.9 BIOS] MSi GTX670 PE OC MSi GTX670 PE OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz [9-9-9-24] Crucial M4 256GB [CORE] WD Caviar Black 1TB [FILEZ] WD Caviar Black 2TB [GAMEZ] 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Blu-Ray Combo Corsair H50 [Push/Pull][UltraKaze 3Ks] Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Retail SP1 Yamakasi Catleap Q270 27" S-IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Antec TP-750 Blue Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 Razer Naga Epic 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Fragger Speed  X-Fi Titanium Logitech z5300 5.1 Logitech G930 
OtherOther
MS LifeCam Studio 1080p Belkin n52te 
  hide details  
Reply
Hephaestus
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Core i5 2500K [4.5Ghz][100x45][1.29v] MSi P67A-GD65 [1.9 BIOS] MSi GTX670 PE OC MSi GTX670 PE OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz [9-9-9-24] Crucial M4 256GB [CORE] WD Caviar Black 1TB [FILEZ] WD Caviar Black 2TB [GAMEZ] 
Optical DriveCoolingOSMonitor
LG Blu-Ray Combo Corsair H50 [Push/Pull][UltraKaze 3Ks] Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Retail SP1 Yamakasi Catleap Q270 27" S-IPS 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G110 Antec TP-750 Blue Lian Li Lancool PC-K62 Razer Naga Epic 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
Razer Goliathus Fragger Speed  X-Fi Titanium Logitech z5300 5.1 Logitech G930 
OtherOther
MS LifeCam Studio 1080p Belkin n52te 
  hide details  
Reply
post #7 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented;15379623 
headscratch.gif

I used three DEMCiflex filters on my antec 900 for over a year with no issues.

thx for the input.

did you use just the single 120mm ones? and did you compare temps with/without?
post #8 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by templar;15379600 
point taken. weird i didn't find it on my initial search here.. confused.gif
any other idea on how to filter 4 120mm's in a sidepanel config (2x2)?
Can't you use 4 120mm filters? I was suggested to craft my own, and it might not be so hard.
Old rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Maximus V Gene MSI Radeon R9 280X Gaming G.Skill Trident 2400 C10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial M500 240 Hitach HDT721010 EK Supremacy Clear CSQ Alphacool XT45 360+240 
CoolingCoolingMonitorPower
EK-VGA Supreme HF Swiftech MCP655 Asus MX239H Antec TP 550 New 
CaseAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Black M Creative X-Fi Extreme 
  hide details  
Reply
Old rig
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570K Asus Maximus V Gene MSI Radeon R9 280X Gaming G.Skill Trident 2400 C10 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Crucial M500 240 Hitach HDT721010 EK Supremacy Clear CSQ Alphacool XT45 360+240 
CoolingCoolingMonitorPower
EK-VGA Supreme HF Swiftech MCP655 Asus MX239H Antec TP 550 New 
CaseAudio
NZXT Switch 810 Black M Creative X-Fi Extreme 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 40
I have a single 120mm and 3 120mm DEMCiflex filters for my radiator inside my 800D. They certainly are dense and catch a lot of dust so airflow will be somewhat constricted. Likes others have said, comes down to trial and error. I'd rather now have dust flowing in my computer and my temps are fine so I stuck with them.
post #10 of 40
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloppy007;15380593 
Can't you use 4 120mm filters? I was suggested to craft my own, and it might not be so hard.

I could, but not sure they'll completely cover the mesh panel and not just the fan areas, that's important if i'm gunning for positive pressure.
I'll have to do some measurements for that, will post back when i do..

By crafting ur own u mean the pantyhose variety, or actual crafting?

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › DEMCiflex filters question