Originally Posted by mudman091878
I didn't change the subject at all. I merely asked if you really wanted to argue that iphones are androids equal when it comes to customization
. Clearly you want to, so lets go.
1. external storage - I buy one model then get to basically choose how much storage my phone has - Have you been living in a hole? MicroSD, SD, USB drives, etc.
2. no real file access for iphones - Been available since 2G. You can access the directories from your phone or computer(wired or wirelessly) - dozens of apps available for this.
3. personalized launcher utilities - Be more specific. You can create launchbars for iOS, you can customize every single icon and it's position in iOS.
4. keyboard replacements - Talking about external devices or replacing the default touch-screen keyboard options? Both are available.
5. turn by turn gps - Available ever since GPS has been in the iPhone. Nothing new.
6. flash - i want the internet to be the internet, not a gimped version of it - Flash does work on the iPhone... Called: Frash.
7. screen size - I can choose a phone that has the size screen i want - Nothing to do with Android, as each model is different.. Obviously there's only one model of the iPhone.
8. hdmi port - not sure about all android phones but mines got it - HDMI cables are available. Do you even pay attention to launch details?
9. classic console emulation apps (I don't know how well they work) - Seriously? Been on the iPhone for years...
Or, instead of insulting me and insisting that I was avoiding the argument and trying to change the subject you could've just looked at the myriad of other's comments listing things that iphones can't do.
Now, go argue with someone else. Your claims are laughable and not worth any more of my time.
I realize you don't understand what straw-man means. "to create the illusion of having refuted a proposition by replacing it with a superficially similar yet unequivalent proposition (the "straw man"), and refuting it, without ever having actually refuted the original position.
" At no point did I ever state they were equal in customization. Only that your ignorance of the customization features by claiming you can't customize the iPhone is the problem here, as clearly shown by your above points.
Originally Posted by CaptainChaos
btw none of what you listed even comes close to something like Launcherpro or ADW so I don't think you really understand what I mean by Home Replacement Apps.
I don't see anything here that's unavailable on the iPhone. You clearly haven't used an iPhone enough to know what you're saying. There's thousands of customization apps alone. Have you even looked yourself or are you just assuming that there isn't?
Originally Posted by CaptainChaos
All those right out of the box without a need to jailbreak?
and lol at you trying to act like widgets came from the iPhone...
Apparently spending 10 seconds to visit a webpage is too difficult for users like you. No wonder you can't understand how to customize your iPhone...
And no, widgets came from Dashboard. That's OSX. The same place Windows gadgets stole their idea from.
Originally Posted by SectorNine50
Wow, I had forgotten that the iPhone wasn't able to have a background image on their app screen until a good portion through the 3G. That was such a bizarre move, still trying to figure out why that was left out.
It's been available since 2G. What are you talking about? It works perfectly fine on my 2007 2G iPhone.Edited by PoopaScoopa - 10/22/11 at 11:56am