Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [DO] Sources point to 2013 launch for 'Xbox Next'
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[DO] Sources point to 2013 launch for 'Xbox Next' - Page 4

post #31 of 92
Didn't they say sometime ago that 'next gen' is not really going to be that much of a leap than last time?

I can't wait for the console peasant whiners to cry about the pricetag though.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1100T @>4Ghz CH Formula IV CF 5850 Winova 2x4GB @ 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate 500GB Acer S243HL 24" Seasonic 850w SF-1000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1100T @>4Ghz CH Formula IV CF 5850 Winova 2x4GB @ 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveMonitorPowerCase
Seagate 500GB Acer S243HL 24" Seasonic 850w SF-1000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 92
Native, mandatory support for mouse+keyboard or something close to that would be a step forward. That and massively improved storage. Last on the list would be native 1080p to replace the blurry/blocky upscaled mess that is currently deemed acceptable by many simply because they've never seen anything better.

Maybe then we can have more cross platform genres, custom saves instead of checkpoints and decent gameplay instead of QTEs all over the place. A new generation of consoles would benefit PCs in more than just superficial qualities.
post #33 of 92
please use atleast an Ivy Bridge in it instead of something older, atleast we will have some half decent gaming coming out then, ohhh and some sli/xfire gpu's
under the radar
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k gigabyte ga-z68x-ud4-b3 MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4g 8gb corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor SSD samsung spinpoint f3 1TB samsung spinpoint f3 1TB Western Digital black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
silver arrow windows 7 ultimate 64bit samsung s23a950D Ducky shine 3 year of the snake 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200 corsair 650D razer deathadder Steelseries QCK 
Audio
asus xonar essence stx 
  hide details  
Reply
under the radar
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k gigabyte ga-z68x-ud4-b3 MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4g 8gb corsair vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Plextor SSD samsung spinpoint f3 1TB samsung spinpoint f3 1TB Western Digital black 1TB 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
silver arrow windows 7 ultimate 64bit samsung s23a950D Ducky shine 3 year of the snake 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX1200 corsair 650D razer deathadder Steelseries QCK 
Audio
asus xonar essence stx 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by IXcrispyXI View Post
please use atleast an Ivy Bridge in it instead of something older, atleast we will have some half decent gaming coming out then, ohhh and some sli/xfire gpu's
Please tell me that's sarcasm.
post #35 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post
Last on the list would be native 1080p to replace the blurry/blocky upscaled mess that is currently deemed acceptable by many simply because they've never seen anything better.
I've seen better, I play with better. Consoles graphics are still just fine IMO.

Native 1080p would be nice though, and I'll be surprised if the next consoles can't manage that.
Edited by Paradox me - 10/21/11 at 1:18am
post #36 of 92
I hope the next gen xbox runs on at least 22nm process... the overheating issues for the 360 @ launch were horrible.. no warranty replacement for the RLOD...
Rog Assassin
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 Asus Crosshair V Formula 990FX PNY 560ti OC2 G.Skill RipjawsX 1600 CL9 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Crucial M4 64GB SSD Windows 8 Pro x64 VIZIO 42" LCD 1080p Coolermaster GX650 
Case
NZXT Phantom White 
  hide details  
Reply
Rog Assassin
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX 8320 Asus Crosshair V Formula 990FX PNY 560ti OC2 G.Skill RipjawsX 1600 CL9 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
Crucial M4 64GB SSD Windows 8 Pro x64 VIZIO 42" LCD 1080p Coolermaster GX650 
Case
NZXT Phantom White 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post
Please tell me that's sarcasm.
Actually something i've predicted but most people disagree for good reason is upgradable consoles, stuff like GPU upgrades so that those that want bigger e-peen while playing their console games can fork out more money for better visuals and performance. Hopefully that might extend the life of the console longer, give MS/sony more money, and not make the dev's a bunch of couch potatoes coding and writing for 1 piece of hardware.
Boinzy
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  XFX R9 280x TDFD 3GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
TOSHIBA X300 HDWE160XZSTA 6TB 7200 RPM Samsung 850 Evo 250GB Asus DRW-24B1ST Cooler Master 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Acer GN246HL Nixeus Moda Pro Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX B... Antec Earthwatts 650W 
CaseMouseAudio
Thermaltake Chaser A41 Logitech G400 Bose Companion 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Boinzy
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  XFX R9 280x TDFD 3GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
TOSHIBA X300 HDWE160XZSTA 6TB 7200 RPM Samsung 850 Evo 250GB Asus DRW-24B1ST Cooler Master 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Acer GN246HL Nixeus Moda Pro Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX B... Antec Earthwatts 650W 
CaseMouseAudio
Thermaltake Chaser A41 Logitech G400 Bose Companion 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boinz View Post
Actually something i've predicted but most people disagree for good reason is upgradable consoles, stuff like GPU upgrades so that those that want bigger e-peen while playing their console games can fork out more money for better visuals and performance. Hopefully that might extend the life of the console longer, give MS/sony more money, and not make the dev's a bunch of couch potatoes coding and writing for 1 piece of hardware.
But didn't they already try something similar to that years ago?
post #39 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post
But didn't they already try something similar to that years ago?
The N64 had a VRAM expansion pack. That did not sell too well nor did many devs code for it.



For consoles, it has to be there from the beginning. Most people won't upgrade hardware for consoles.
post #40 of 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFL Replica View Post
Native, mandatory support for mouse+keyboard or something close to that would be a step forward. That and massively improved storage. Last on the list would be native 1080p to replace the blurry/blocky upscaled mess that is currently deemed acceptable by many simply because they've never seen anything better.

Maybe then we can have more cross platform genres, custom saves instead of checkpoints and decent gameplay instead of QTEs all over the place. A new generation of consoles would benefit PCs in more than just superficial qualities.
You're aware you pretty much described a Mac? ie. A PC without upgrading.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Rumors and Unconfirmed Articles › [DO] Sources point to 2013 launch for 'Xbox Next'