Ok you know what though? Lets all shut up about dedicated server because they gave those servers on Black Ops and they are freaking disappointing... so very disappointing. I shall make a list of all the reasons why dedicated servers are getting really out of hand. After this is said I hope to god that they have improved on the Multiplayer .
So here is why dedicated servers (ONLY CoD) have been a joke to me and why the Lobby is more effective.
1. WHY DO WE NEED over 100 servers that are 24/7 NukeTown? Seriously its like begging hackers to test hacks in those areas where admins are NEVER there. This makes it difficult to find a real regular game...
2. Admins ... I don't know about you but, I have noticed that the guys who Admin Black Ops servers have some kinda god complex at times. I would go as far as calling a lot of them jerks... Plus if you think about it... unless you personally run the server there are NEVER any admins on anyways... so whats the the point??
3. The servers ( again only CoD:Black Ops) give NO freedom of speech at all... who the hell cares if we curse, the game has a Mature rating and most the servers with this language filter thing have the most people... Its super annoying that the game can kick you out for typing something that the game itself said... wow The admin set up the game to kick people out and even sometimes without warning.
4. I have noticed that A LOT of of lower ping servers are either 100% Hardcore, which is cool but sometimes you don't wanna keep playing on that right? Then a lot of the servers are under populated , which still leaves you to go play in a server where your speech is capped. So if you think about it you are spending more time than it would take to find a game in lobby system. (Again I hope they really improved on this!)
5. My last beef is that if finding a server that will play more than one map is that HARD then what is the point of me having search credentials when they are useless... I have used them before and it ended up finding waaaay less servers to play on and a lot of them are either under populated ... or one map servers ( Nuke Towns)... you can't win.
6. Yes there are still hackers in dedicated servers and it hasn't really improved with admins either lol. Remember CoD 4? ...
Lobby System.. yay -___-
1. Fast!! You can get into a fully populated game in 30 seconds or less! Plus you can gather all of your friends and play with them in the same place which is not a bad thing at all. Who needs lean when you can have all of your friends in the game? Lean is alright. but really only a handful of people use it.
2. You can hand select your modes... if you want HC then you get HC and there is no sifting through 100000 servers to find 3 servers and most likely one can be full of jerks or crouch only -_-.
3. Easy to form parties and easier to form clans and make friends... it a really good harmony I think.
4. No one is running the server, and no controls it with garbage language filter so you can be kicked out of a game that IS MATURE RATING. ( Unlike OCN, because they want to keep the peace around here, I get that no cussing thing but people cuss.. thats what we do. No matter how we phrase it you know what we really mean to say ... like "Freak you!" or "What the Frick" ...its the same thing.)
5. The system is proven to work... I play MW2 sometimes more than Black Ops and actually the Network is for the most part just as stable. Even though, you will occasionally get some guy who is lagging the game because he is hosting from another planet. Again, I hope they have fixed it! If any of you have played SpaceMarine then you should know that they also use lobby based systems and the game play is VERY smooth and its actually better than MW2, it is still host system but almost no lag unless your connection isn't that great.
And that's all I gotta say about that...