speaking as a huge bf nerd (somewhat disappointed in bf3, however), you guys are kind of bringing up all the wrong points
Originally Posted by SheepMoose
I bet mod tools have already been developed too. Chances are activision wont allow them to be realised until after their 20th or so DLC pack of 4 maps already seen in earlier version of COD. That way, activision still get their money and no one duplicates the maps with the mod tools.
unluckily i agree with you, mod tools are already developed, carrying over from blops should be rather easy. and the fact tehy will release boatloads of dlc :/
Originally Posted by B!0HaZard
No mod tools, so I doubt it.
Originally Posted by B!0HaZard
No mod tools at launch is the killer here. Competitive mods play really well, I was looking forward to playing those.
with dedi servers being unranked im assuming that was because the dedi servers might be able to be statistically modded since you can host on your own PC.
Originally Posted by Frankzro
Ok you know what though? Lets all shut up about dedicated server because they gave those servers on Black Ops and they are freaking disappointing... so very disappointing. I shall make a list of all the reasons why dedicated servers are getting really out of hand. After this is said I hope to god that they have improved on the Multiplayer .
So here is why dedicated servers (ONLY CoD) have been a joke to me and why the Lobby is more effective.
1. WHY DO WE NEED over 100 servers that are 24/7 NukeTown? Seriously its like begging hackers to test hacks in those areas where admins are NEVER there. This makes it difficult to find a real regular game...
because nuketown was a fun map, if it's begging hackers to join then it's the developers job to make better anticheat, if anything you're proving that
2. Admins ... I don't know about you but, I have noticed that the guys who Admin Black Ops servers have some kinda god complex at times. I would go as far as calling a lot of them jerks... Plus if you think about it... unless you personally run the server there are NEVER any admins on anyways... so whats the the point??
as opposed to matchmaking without any admins or matchmaking rounds ran by a single person who is usually going to run it hacked like in MW2?
3. The servers ( again only CoD:Black Ops) give NO freedom of speech at all... who the hell cares if we curse, the game has a Mature rating and most the servers with this language filter thing have the most people... Its super annoying that the game can kick you out for typing something that the game itself said... wow The admin set up the game to kick people out and even sometimes without warning.
the irony here is that you aren't allowed to curse here either.
4. I have noticed that A LOT of of lower ping servers are either 100% Hardcore, which is cool but sometimes you don't wanna keep playing on that right? Then a lot of the servers are under populated , which still leaves you to go play in a server where your speech is capped. So if you think about it you are spending more time than it would take to find a game in lobby system. (Again I hope they really improved on this!)
your freedom of speech is not "capped," you simply aren't allowed to use some set words that are generally used to insult people on online video games. i think you know this by now
5. My last beef is that if finding a server that will play more than one map is that HARD then what is the point of me having search credentials when they are useless... I have used them before and it ended up finding waaaay less servers to play on and a lot of them are either under populated ... or one map servers ( Nuke Towns)... you can't win.
6. Yes there are still hackers in dedicated servers and it hasn't really improved with admins either lol. Remember CoD 4? ...
because there aren't hackers in matchmaking? don't get the point you're trying to make here.
1. Fast!! You can get into a fully populated game in 30 seconds or less! Plus you can gather all of your friends and play with them in the same place which is not a bad thing at all. Who needs lean when you can have all of your friends in the game? Lean is alright. but really only a handful of people use it.
as opposed to joining a fully populated game on your dedi server list?
2. You can hand select your modes... if you want HC then you get HC and there is no sifting through 100000 servers to find 3 servers and most likely one can be full of jerks or crouch only -_-.
note: there's something called a "filter" in the server browser. lol
5. The system is proven to work... I play MW2 sometimes more than Black Ops and actually the Network is for the most part just as stable. Even though, you will occasionally get some guy who is lagging the game because he is hosting from another planet. Again, I hope they have fixed it! If any of you have played SpaceMarine then you should know that they also use lobby based systems and the game play is VERY smooth and its actually better than MW2, it is still host system but almost no lag unless your connection isn't that great.
sounds like a load of crap, connect to servers located near you.
Originally Posted by ilam3d
When will people learn, big console mainstream games like these will never seriously try to catter to the PC audience without missing the point. We want a good game, they want a good buck.
You can't make a good buck by providing a good game. Selling maps as dlc, selling servers, advertising, all that stuff profits them, and we hate it.
they best part is where they include a feature that bf3 pc doesn't even have. aka player-hosted dedi servers.
Originally Posted by SimplyTheBest
Anything I can do to help Battlefield 3 sell more as they deserve it. To people who say BF3 isn't doing anything new game-play wise is just plain ignorant. If you haven't noticed Battlefield 2 was the last game to be released in the series. almost 7 years ago. That's called dedication to the brand and love for the art.
We are not hating on Call of Duty as it has made new games now better and more fun but we just don't need them to release a COD every year at $60 a pop. Thats for sports games lol. Which is a whole other story to rant about...
so much wrong in such a small post. bf2142 is part of the bf series, as is the booster pack. then you have play4free which WAS bf2 but with new guns and free. then you have bc1/bc2 which weren't original BF-oriented games but proved that it was a flop in terms of new art style. this isn't dedicated to the brand this is just them starting up the main line again.
i mean that's like saying every new pirates of the Caribbean movie is re dedication to the brand
Originally Posted by atennisplayah
they say they are going to serve the PC players then their actions directly contradict those words to the fullest extent possible. Another call of duty dunce this game is.
adding support for player hosted dedi servers is a contradiction? not even bf3 has that and it's a pc oriented game. come on try harder.
anyway, i'm in no way a huge fan of the caw of doody series at all, in fact it's the polar opposite of games i like (i can't stand arcade shooters) and there's a lot i don't like about cod as it is, but like i said, you guys make the worst imaginable points, the fact is that it's great to have dedi servers and the fact of protecting their bottom line is needed to stop people from making modded servers
i don't really care a lot tbh about either genre now a days, bf and cod are so radically different that their only comparison is they are both shooters. if you want teamwork oriented, you go bf, if you want a game where you can sit down and kill half an entire team, go cod. i don't know why fanboys protect either game on the basis of comparing different games. as for fov, i agree, it wasn't mentioned but it should be added and if not you can always make a big deal of it to get it added.
as for dlc, screw that, worst thing in the gaming market when it isn't free/cheap (3 map packs for $15? lollllll just terrible activision.)
using the same engine after quite a few years is also bad, but i can't help but say Source isn't doing the same thing.