Originally Posted by goodtobeking
Amazing pack. I want it. Too bad they cant ship out the flash drive with D2 and LOD so I can get my D on. I lent out my D2 disc and key, never to be returned again. Still have the LOD and key.
Sorry to thread jack, but did they ever confirm the Have-to-be-online-100%-the-time thing?? If so, I may not even play this game. I will have to think about it.
You do have to be online at all times to play Diablo 3.
I have had a few disconnects while I was playing the beta due to my flaky ISP. Was it annoying? Yes.
Did I wish that it didn't have to be this way? Yes
Was it destructive to my enjoyment of the game? No.
The game will save which current quest you are on so if you do get disconnected while in the middle of an Act you don't lose all of your progress. You just have to start over on the quest you were working on. I understand why Blizzard implemented the internet connection requirement, and that is why I'm not really angered by it.
I did some personal number crunching for this collectors edition:
1. Diablo 3 game = ~$59.99 (The game itself
2. Diablo Skull = ~$10 (Looks like it is a holder for the USB drive. Pretty cool looking IMO. However, I wish that Blizzard would release the dimensions of this figure. Would sort of be a crap deal if it's only 2.5"x2.5" or something similar.)
3. Soul Stone USB = ~$10 (4GB flash drives go for about $5-$8. This one is special so the value is a bit higher)
4. Diablo 2 + LOD = ~$20 (The battle chest is $29.99 on Amazon. So remove the guides and I think $10 a game is fair)
5. Exclusive In-game Content = ~$10 (This is all personal opinion as to how much this is worth. I'm not a WoW player so the WoW pet doesn't really have any value for me. However, the 3 exclusive in-game items for Diablo 3 look/sound cool and the exclusive Battle.net portraits look good.)
6. Behind The Scenes Blu Ray / DVD = ~$10 (Another personal preference as to how much value this offers. IMO the interview will be interesting to watch, but after watching it once there isn't much more to get from it.)
7. Art Book = ~$10 (This IMO looks very nice. 200+ pages, hard cover, large, and it's from one of the best art teams in the game development industry.)
8. Sound Track =~$7.50 (Having all of the music brought together sure beats trying to strip out the music from the game. Plus I'm hoping that it will be uncompressed for better music quality.)
It looks like the collectors edition at $99.99 is actually a pretty decent value if you are into the Diablo 3 universe. You also really need to want to play Diablo 2/don't own it in order to really get some extra value out of this collection. I also know that some people would pay a lot more the the exclusive in-game items. Some people would also put more value on one thing or another, but overall I think this is a pretty good collectors edition. IMO it sure beats the $150 Skyrim collectors edition. Edited by AtomicFrost - 10/21/11 at 10:32pm