Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Sapphire TOXIC HD-6950/70 Owners Club & Informational Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sapphire TOXIC HD-6950/70 Owners Club & Informational Thread - Page 26

post #251 of 1649
Thread Starter 
KhaoticKomputing

Don't sweat it too much, we all make mistakes, and that's why we have this thread to share info with each other about our Special GPU Card ... you were just trying to help and be informative ... and with enough of us checking in on the thread we're bound to catch and correct any mistakes before someone messes up their Card too bad.

I wish Sapphire had an ALEX on here like MSI does, or a Raja et all like Asus does, it doesn't seem like Sapphire's Customer Support is all that "hip" when it comes to knowing who's really their customers, they need to get a CS Rep out onto the various Disccussion boards and get the help to the end users better.

And as for the guys posting on that VGA Forums, I wish you luck in getting info back, however please be careful and take whatever info you get from there with a grain of salt as I thought I read some disclaimer that Board/site is not "OFFICIALLY" apart of Sapphire or anything and I don't think there's any "OFFICIAL" Sapphire Rep that posts on it. It's mainly like a "FAN" or "USER/Customer" based message group for interaction, somewhat like OCN here, so you don't really know how legit the info is you might get there either. I might be wrong as I went back and looked for it, and now can't find what I thought I read, but before I do know there was about 3 or 4 requests for the BIOS FIX and someone posted they can't give it out on the Board, it was against Sapphire Rules or something because they weren't Official Sapphire Reps or some such ?
   
LG/Google NEXUS 5
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 Yorkfield Quad-Core Asus IPIBL-LB (HP Benicia-GL8E) Sapphire TOXIC HD6950 {UnLocked 1536 shaders} 8 GB G. Skill Pi Black DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SeaGate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache HP - DVD/CD combo Drive Cooler Master  MS Vista Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2207h Widescreen HP Stock BFG Tech LS-680 HP Pavilion 
Mouse
HP stock 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad Core Krait 400 @ 2.30GHz  Qualcomm MSM8974(Snapdragon 800) Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB NAND Android 4.4 Kitkat 4.95" 1080X1920 IPS Display Swiftkey 
PowerAudio
2300 mAh Battery Stereo Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
   
LG/Google NEXUS 5
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 Yorkfield Quad-Core Asus IPIBL-LB (HP Benicia-GL8E) Sapphire TOXIC HD6950 {UnLocked 1536 shaders} 8 GB G. Skill Pi Black DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SeaGate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache HP - DVD/CD combo Drive Cooler Master  MS Vista Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2207h Widescreen HP Stock BFG Tech LS-680 HP Pavilion 
Mouse
HP stock 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad Core Krait 400 @ 2.30GHz  Qualcomm MSM8974(Snapdragon 800) Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB NAND Android 4.4 Kitkat 4.95" 1080X1920 IPS Display Swiftkey 
PowerAudio
2300 mAh Battery Stereo Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
post #252 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhaoticKomputing;15595235 
Ok, I gatta correct a little bit of false info I gave you. The "new BIOS is not a voltage bump, but a bump in TDP. Last night I spent way more time than I should have on it and found out exactly what HARDOPC.com was talking about.
The TOXIC cards tend to thermaly throttle themselves resulting in a loss of performance at. It is very easy for the user to adjust the thermal thottle limit of the card. this is the +20% mod, you do this in the Catalyst Control. Open up the performance tab, click on Graphics Overdrive, and slide power control settings to 20% and the card will stop thorttleing its self. very sorry for the miss information I posted.

After doing this mod I saw a nice jump in frame's at my overclock! Before I would holy hit my Vsync every now and then, now I bounce off it all the time in BF3, and was able to put the "extra" settings higher (Mulit,AA, HABO and stuff like that). I'm very sorry for the misinformation I gave you.

hey no worries wink.gif im getting impatient and i think sapphire are just ignoring my suppoert ticket so screw it, im gonna try the power control setting tongue.gif
will post back here with the results!
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Kings_Fan;15595658 
KhaoticKomputing

Don't sweat it too much, we all make mistakes, and that's why we have this thread to share info with each other about our Special GPU Card ... you were just trying to help and be informative ... and with enough of us checking in on the thread we're bound to catch and correct any mistakes before someone messes up their Card too bad.

I wish Sapphire had an ALEX on here like MSI does, or a Raja et all like Asus does, it doesn't seem like Sapphire's Customer Support is all that "hip" when it comes to knowing who's really their customers, they need to get a CS Rep out onto the various Disccussion boards and get the help to the end users better.

And as for the guys posting on that VGA Forums, I wish you luck in getting info back, however please be careful and take whatever info you get from there with a grain of salt as I thought I read some disclaimer that Board/site is not "OFFICIALLY" apart of Sapphire or anything and I don't think there's any "OFFICIAL" Sapphire Rep that posts on it. It's mainly like a "FAN" or "USER/Customer" based message group for interaction, somewhat like OCN here, so you don't really know how legit the info is you might get there either. I might be wrong as I went back and looked for it, and now can't find what I thought I read, but before I do know there was about 3 or 4 requests for the BIOS FIX and someone posted they can't give it out on the Board, it was against Sapphire Rules or something because they weren't Official Sapphire Reps or some such ?

its sad but i think you're right about sapphire on that. just dont seem to be able to get a word out of them on their forums or from a support ticket. let alone reps on other forums.

i guess were out here on our own with this but with all the compiled info and findings i think we're doing pretty damn well! this entire thread is the best source of information on this card by far - and believe me i have been looking around so much about it for days, even before i bought it!
post #253 of 1649
Good luck with your overclocking! let us all know how it goes!
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
post #254 of 1649
well i just played bf3 with +20% on power control. i managed to play it on ultra with the cheaper AA on high and none of the more taxing AA averaging 45-55fps. some of the drop downs in fps to the low 30's sucked a bit though so ive taken a few settings back down to high. still i noticed a performance increase with the +20% with ultra settings, probably an extra 5fps which is deffintely significant. this is all with no overclocking to! also i cleaned out the dust vents on my case today and all my temps are a lot lower lol! the max temp the 6950 hit while gaming was 63c and the fans highest speed was 61%. good result smile.gif

the temptation to overclock this card (though its great as it is) is getting much stronger haha....

Edit: i just saw a post on the thread i started here: http://www.vgaforum.com/showthread.php?26610-toxic-6950-unlocking-amp-powertune-power-tune-power-control&p=218992#post218992

it says "ANY modding of the card voids the warranty, even if the card can be unlocked or volt modded, as mentioned on the warranty pages. Pretty much the same disclaimer as AMD's for warranty vs. overclocking / modding etc .. Only the tech guys can help you out for VBIOSes, we don't issue them at all any more."
Edited by ET900 - 11/6/11 at 5:06pm
post #255 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by ET900;15597652 
well i just played bf3 with +20% on power control. i managed to play it on ultra with the cheaper AA on high and none of the more taxing AA averaging 45-55fps. some of the drop downs in fps to the low 30's sucked a bit though so ive taken a few settings back down to high. still i noticed a performance increase with the +20% with ultra settings, probably an extra 5fps which is deffintely significant. this is all with no overclocking to! also i cleaned out the dust vents on my case today and all my temps are a lot lower lol! the max temp the 6950 hit while gaming was 63c and the fans highest speed was 61%. good result smile.gif

the temptation to overclock this card (though its great as it is) is getting much stronger haha....

Edit: i just saw a post on the thread i started here: http://www.vgaforum.com/showthread.php?26610-toxic-6950-unlocking-amp-powertune-power-tune-power-control&p=218992#post218992

it says "ANY modding of the card voids the warranty, even if the card can be unlocked or volt modded, as mentioned on the warranty pages. Pretty much the same disclaimer as AMD's for warranty vs. overclocking / modding etc .. Only the tech guys can help you out for VBIOSes, we don't issue them at all any more."

That is great new's! keep going!
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
post #256 of 1649
I get weird flickering on my games when I overclock to 920/1375. My current minor overclock of 900/1350 works fine though. headscratch.gif
My PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 Gigabyte GA-970-A-UD3 AM3+ Sapphire Toxic HD 6950 2GB  Kingston HyperX 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 520 120GB SSD  WD 500GB Caviar Black LiteOn DVD Burner Cooler Master 212 Evo Push/Pull 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Home Premium x64 Asus VS238H LED 23" Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair AX750W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G400 Razor Scarab 
  hide details  
Reply
My PC
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x4 955 C3 Gigabyte GA-970-A-UD3 AM3+ Sapphire Toxic HD 6950 2GB  Kingston HyperX 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 520 120GB SSD  WD 500GB Caviar Black LiteOn DVD Burner Cooler Master 212 Evo Push/Pull 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Home Premium x64 Asus VS238H LED 23" Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Corsair AX750W 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G400 Razor Scarab 
  hide details  
Reply
post #257 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisys93;15597783 
I get weird flickering on my games when I overclock to 920/1375. My current minor overclock of 900/1350 works fine though. headscratch.gif

Have you done the +20% mod? If not it might help your card at that oc. Also, you can add a few more volts to it with out ill effect. I use 1.250 volts for my current clock(with the +20% mod).
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
post #258 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisys93;15597783 
I get weird flickering on my games when I overclock to 920/1375. My current minor overclock of 900/1350 works fine though. headscratch.gif

its a bit of a lottery aint it. some will oc better than others. i get weird green flashes on the screen with bf3, but i had that with my CF 4870's and thought it was a crossfire issue, still get it though :/
post #259 of 1649
Great news, got an answer to my support ticket!
I hope they don't mind if I post it here:
https://support.sapphiretech.com/archive/attachment/22913/HD%206950%20Toxic_634562789539007689.zip

182P04H8.T44 is SP=1408 BIOS
182P04HX.T44 is SP=1536 BIOS
Komp
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 BE GIGABYTE GA​-990XA​-UD3 Sapphire HD 6950 Toxic 2GB Corsair XMS3 8GB ​(2x4GB​) 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Sony Optiarc AD​-7280S Windows 7 iiyama ProLite E2473HDS Logitech G15 v2 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasoni​c S12II​-620 NZXT H2 Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
Komp
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 BE GIGABYTE GA​-990XA​-UD3 Sapphire HD 6950 Toxic 2GB Corsair XMS3 8GB ​(2x4GB​) 
Optical DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Sony Optiarc AD​-7280S Windows 7 iiyama ProLite E2473HDS Logitech G15 v2 
PowerCaseMouse
Seasoni​c S12II​-620 NZXT H2 Logitech MX518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #260 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zdendav;15602008 
Great news, got an answer to my support ticket!
I hope they don't mind if I post it here:
https://support.sapphiretech.com/archive/attachment/22913/HD%206950%20Toxic_634562789539007689.zip

182P04H8.T44 is SP=1408 BIOS
182P04HX.T44 is SP=1536 BIOS

Would this be the Fixed BIOS containing the +20% mod?
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
Gizmoto
(18 items)
 
They beat me:(
(15 items)
 
Home Server V1.0
(17 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1040t @2.7Ghz ASRock 880GM-LE FX  AMD Radeon HD 4250 integrated graphics Micro Center(ADATA) 8Gb (2x4) 1333 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Western Digital Caviar Blue 640Gb Samsung SpinPoint F4 2Tb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3500641AS-RK 500Gb 
Optical DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
ASUS 24X DVD Burner ASUS 24X DVD Burner Stock AMD Cooler Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit 
OSOSPowerCase
Linux Mint (VM) Linux Ubuntu (VM) Inland ILG-500R2 500w PSU DiabloTek Evo Mid-tower Case 
Other
Inland IL internal card reader 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Sapphire TOXIC HD-6950/70 Owners Club & Informational Thread