Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Sapphire TOXIC HD-6950/70 Owners Club & Informational Thread
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Sapphire TOXIC HD-6950/70 Owners Club & Informational Thread - Page 68

post #671 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidiaftw12 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

No amount of fanage or air will tame trifire setups spaced that close together. You can try... till your ears bleed out.

I disagree toxic the toxic runs much cooler than pretty much any other 6950/70. It is possible. My case excellent airflow so that is why mine is so good. Also I only have 1 full sized gpu. smile.gif

It's obvious you don't have a trifire rig.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #672 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

It's obvious you don't have a trifire rig.

It's obvious you don't have a toxic. biggrin.gif
2nd Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[Intel] 2500k [4.5ghz] [1.3 volts] [AsRock] P67 Extreme 6 [Sapphire] 6950 Toxic [Unlocked to 6970 spec] Powercolor reference 6950 [Unlocked to 6970 spec] 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
[Samsung] Low voltage memory [@1866 mHz 9-10-9-28] [GSkill] Sniper 1866 9-10-9-28 1.5V [Corsair] 120gb Force GT WD 500GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Seagate Crapstellation ES 2TB [Raid 1] [Coolermaster] V8 Windows 7 [Gateway] FDH2402 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[CM Storm] QuickFire TK [XFX] Core Edition PRO850W [In Win] Dragon Rider Logitech G502 w/ stupid LEDs 
  hide details  
Reply
2nd Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[Intel] 2500k [4.5ghz] [1.3 volts] [AsRock] P67 Extreme 6 [Sapphire] 6950 Toxic [Unlocked to 6970 spec] Powercolor reference 6950 [Unlocked to 6970 spec] 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
[Samsung] Low voltage memory [@1866 mHz 9-10-9-28] [GSkill] Sniper 1866 9-10-9-28 1.5V [Corsair] 120gb Force GT WD 500GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Seagate Crapstellation ES 2TB [Raid 1] [Coolermaster] V8 Windows 7 [Gateway] FDH2402 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[CM Storm] QuickFire TK [XFX] Core Edition PRO850W [In Win] Dragon Rider Logitech G502 w/ stupid LEDs 
  hide details  
Reply
post #673 of 1649
I got two Sapphire toxic 6950 toxics and both unlocked to 1536 shaders. The thing is that when I run the cards in crossfire I have a lot of crashing to desktop/with display driver recovery popups and black screens of death unless I crtrl+alt+del in Dirt 3 and Deus Ex Human Revolution.

I can only run these games without crashing if I disable crossfire and keep room temperature at below 72F so it looks like there is a heat problem. There is only about 1/2 cm space between the two cards and my case and motherboard simply do not allow me to place the card in the lowest PCI express slot so my only alternative is to try to go back to the original 6950 bios or pull one of the 6950s out. Then I should gain about 3 to 5 degrees running the single 6950. This is what I get in GPUZ 5.6 and fraps running on the single unlocked 6950.

Dirt 3 117fps avg/card temp 63 degrees max
Deus Ex 74fps avg/card temp 55 degrees max

Is there any other solutions because I really want to start playing TESV: Skyrim in about two weeks and that game just by its self is probably going to need some maintenance to get it to run?

Intel Quad Core 2 Extreme QX9770 3.2Ghz
Asus P5E3 Premium Wifi-AP
4 GB DDR3 Dual Channel Corsair 1600Mhz
300GB Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000rpm
300GB Seagate IDE
Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium and Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Thermaltake Toughpower 1200 watt
Coolermaster CM Stacker case w/glass side panel
Windows 7 64-bit
Sapphire 6950 toxic unlocked
post #674 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSpeeder View Post

I got two Sapphire toxic 6950 toxics and both unlocked to 1536 shaders. The thing is that when I run the cards in crossfire I have a lot of crashing to desktop/with display driver recovery popups and black screens of death unless I crtrl+alt+del in Dirt 3 and Deus Ex Human Revolution.
I can only run these games without crashing if I disable crossfire and keep room temperature at below 72F so it looks like there is a heat problem. There is only about 1/2 cm space between the two cards and my case and motherboard simply do not allow me to place the card in the lowest PCI express slot so my only alternative is to try to go back to the original 6950 bios or pull one of the 6950s out. Then I should gain about 3 to 5 degrees running the single 6950. This is what I get in GPUZ 5.6 and fraps running on the single unlocked 6950.
Dirt 3 117fps avg/card temp 63 degrees max
Deus Ex 74fps avg/card temp 55 degrees max
Is there any other solutions because I really want to start playing TESV: Skyrim in about two weeks and that game just by its self is probably going to need some maintenance to get it to run?
Intel Quad Core 2 Extreme QX9770 3.2Ghz
Asus P5E3 Premium Wifi-AP
4 GB DDR3 Dual Channel Corsair 1600Mhz
300GB Western Digital VelociRaptor 10000rpm
300GB Seagate IDE
Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium and Logitech Z-5500 5.1
Thermaltake Toughpower 1200 watt
Coolermaster CM Stacker case w/glass side panel
Windows 7 64-bit
Sapphire 6950 toxic unlocked

That isn't a temp prob. What are your clocks? You might also want to bunp voltage by like .01. The crashing of display driver is almost always always what happens to me with just slightly to little volts.
P.s. If you use triXX to set voltage and then open up CCC in sets volts back to stock. Hope this helps.
2nd Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[Intel] 2500k [4.5ghz] [1.3 volts] [AsRock] P67 Extreme 6 [Sapphire] 6950 Toxic [Unlocked to 6970 spec] Powercolor reference 6950 [Unlocked to 6970 spec] 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
[Samsung] Low voltage memory [@1866 mHz 9-10-9-28] [GSkill] Sniper 1866 9-10-9-28 1.5V [Corsair] 120gb Force GT WD 500GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Seagate Crapstellation ES 2TB [Raid 1] [Coolermaster] V8 Windows 7 [Gateway] FDH2402 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[CM Storm] QuickFire TK [XFX] Core Edition PRO850W [In Win] Dragon Rider Logitech G502 w/ stupid LEDs 
  hide details  
Reply
2nd Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[Intel] 2500k [4.5ghz] [1.3 volts] [AsRock] P67 Extreme 6 [Sapphire] 6950 Toxic [Unlocked to 6970 spec] Powercolor reference 6950 [Unlocked to 6970 spec] 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
[Samsung] Low voltage memory [@1866 mHz 9-10-9-28] [GSkill] Sniper 1866 9-10-9-28 1.5V [Corsair] 120gb Force GT WD 500GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Seagate Crapstellation ES 2TB [Raid 1] [Coolermaster] V8 Windows 7 [Gateway] FDH2402 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[CM Storm] QuickFire TK [XFX] Core Edition PRO850W [In Win] Dragon Rider Logitech G502 w/ stupid LEDs 
  hide details  
Reply
post #675 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSpeeder View Post

I got two Sapphire toxic 6950 toxics and both unlocked to 1536 shaders. The thing is that when I run the cards in crossfire I have a lot of crashing to desktop/with display driver recovery popups and black screens of death unless I crtrl+alt+del in Dirt 3 and Deus Ex Human Revolution.

I can only run these games without crashing if I disable crossfire and keep room temperature at below 72F so it looks like there is a heat problem. There is only about 1/2 cm space between the two cards and my case and motherboard simply do not allow me to place the card in the lowest PCI express slot so my only alternative is to try to go back to the original 6950 bios or pull one of the 6950s out. Then I should gain about 3 to 5 degrees running the single 6950. This is what I get in GPUZ 5.6 and fraps running on the single unlocked 6950.

Dirt 3 117fps avg/card temp 63 degrees max
Deus Ex 74fps avg/card temp 55 degrees max

Is there any other solutions because I really want to start playing TESV: Skyrim in about two weeks and that game just by its self is probably going to need some maintenance to get it to run?

CTD = unstable card. You have to figure which card it is.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #676 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidiaftw12 View Post

That isn't a temp prob. What are your clocks? You might also want to bunp voltage by like .01. The crashing of display driver is almost always always what happens to me with just slightly to little volts.
P.s. If you use triXX to set voltage and then open up CCC in sets volts back to stock. Hope this helps.

Here are the clocks and other GPUZ info:

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/11/12/06/ddu.png
http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/11/12/06/2xu.png
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

CTD = unstable card. You have to figure which card it is.

That would be the top one because it is connected to the monitor.

Are you saying it is RMA?
Edited by GameSpeeder - 12/6/11 at 6:10pm
post #677 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSpeeder View Post

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/11/12/06/ddu.png
http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/11/12/06/2xu.png
That would be the top one because it is connected to the monitor
Are you saying it is RMA?

Not necessarily on both. It could be the top or bottom card. And also when you unlock sometimes they need just a little extra volts. Try 1.18
2nd Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[Intel] 2500k [4.5ghz] [1.3 volts] [AsRock] P67 Extreme 6 [Sapphire] 6950 Toxic [Unlocked to 6970 spec] Powercolor reference 6950 [Unlocked to 6970 spec] 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
[Samsung] Low voltage memory [@1866 mHz 9-10-9-28] [GSkill] Sniper 1866 9-10-9-28 1.5V [Corsair] 120gb Force GT WD 500GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Seagate Crapstellation ES 2TB [Raid 1] [Coolermaster] V8 Windows 7 [Gateway] FDH2402 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[CM Storm] QuickFire TK [XFX] Core Edition PRO850W [In Win] Dragon Rider Logitech G502 w/ stupid LEDs 
  hide details  
Reply
2nd Rig
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
[Intel] 2500k [4.5ghz] [1.3 volts] [AsRock] P67 Extreme 6 [Sapphire] 6950 Toxic [Unlocked to 6970 spec] Powercolor reference 6950 [Unlocked to 6970 spec] 
RAMRAMHard DriveHard Drive
[Samsung] Low voltage memory [@1866 mHz 9-10-9-28] [GSkill] Sniper 1866 9-10-9-28 1.5V [Corsair] 120gb Force GT WD 500GB 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2x Seagate Crapstellation ES 2TB [Raid 1] [Coolermaster] V8 Windows 7 [Gateway] FDH2402 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
[CM Storm] QuickFire TK [XFX] Core Edition PRO850W [In Win] Dragon Rider Logitech G502 w/ stupid LEDs 
  hide details  
Reply
post #678 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by deaddawg View Post

Heaven Benchmark v2.5 Basic
FPS:
81.1
Scores:
2042
Min FPS:
26.9
Max FPS:
217.1
Hardware
Binary:
Windows 32bit Visual C++ 1600 Release Mar 1 2011
Operating system:
Windows 7 (build 7601, Service Pack 1) 64bit
CPU model:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3930K CPU @ 3.20GHz
CPU flags:
4000MHz MMX SSE SSE2 SSE3 SSSE3 SSE41 SSE42 HTT
GPU model:
AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series 8.911.1.0 CrossFireX 2048Mb
Settings
Render:
direct3d11
Mode:
1920x1080 4xAA fullscreen
Shaders:
high
Textures:
high
Filter:
trilinear
Anisotropy:
16x
Occlusion:
enabled
Refraction:
enabled
Volumetric:
enabled
Tessellation:
extreme

I should clarify, I mean for single crossfire only tongue.gif

very impressive scores btw.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6800k Evga Micro2 Evga GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200mhz (one of the stup... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 750 800gb Samsung 950 Pro 256gb with AngelWing PX1 PCIE h... Lol Corsair H80i v2 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Home 64bit CentOS 7 (in VM) Dell u2311h Dell u2311h 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Leopold FC660C Silverstone 700 sfx-l Platinum thing Silverstone FT03B Logitech MX Master 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Oppo HA2 Sony XBA Z5 Blue Yeti Microphone Asus USB-AC68 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 asus p7p55d-e pro EVGA gtx 460 Gskill ripjaws CL9 4gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Black Zalman CNPS10x Performa Windows 7 Ultimate OEM Samsung 223BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft ergonomics 7000 Corsair 750tx AZZA Solano 1000 Some thing 
Mouse PadAudio
some generic thing Creative Sound Blaster Arena 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6800k Evga Micro2 Evga GTX 1080 FTW Hybrid Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200mhz (one of the stup... 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 750 800gb Samsung 950 Pro 256gb with AngelWing PX1 PCIE h... Lol Corsair H80i v2 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Windows 10 Home 64bit CentOS 7 (in VM) Dell u2311h Dell u2311h 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Leopold FC660C Silverstone 700 sfx-l Platinum thing Silverstone FT03B Logitech MX Master 
AudioAudioAudioOther
Oppo HA2 Sony XBA Z5 Blue Yeti Microphone Asus USB-AC68 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 860 asus p7p55d-e pro EVGA gtx 460 Gskill ripjaws CL9 4gb 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Black Zalman CNPS10x Performa Windows 7 Ultimate OEM Samsung 223BW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft ergonomics 7000 Corsair 750tx AZZA Solano 1000 Some thing 
Mouse PadAudio
some generic thing Creative Sound Blaster Arena 
  hide details  
Reply
post #679 of 1649
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvidiaftw12 View Post

Not necessarily on both. It could be the top or bottom card. And also when you unlock sometimes they need just a little extra volts. Try 1.18

Are you saying to increase the 12V, VDDC, or VDDCI below?

http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/11/12/06/9cd.png

Should I just increase the power by a certain % in Overdrive in CCC until one of these numbers in GPUZ = 1.18?

In addition, if you are saying to use TRIXX to increase the voltage is there a TRIXX for my 6950 model? I was looking at the download page on the Sapphire website and I did not see a TRIXX version for 6950 toxic with the same SKU number and Board Part Number.

Is it the same card as the sold out card with the number 100312TXSR on newegg that comes with Dirt3?
Edited by GameSpeeder - 12/6/11 at 6:44pm
post #680 of 1649
Thread Starter 

He's saying to use TriXX to up the voltage of your TOXIC cards ... from stock (1.175v) to 1.18v or more ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameSpeeder View Post


Are you saying to increase the 12V, VDDC, or VDDCI below?
http://gpuz.techpowerup.com/11/12/06/9cd.png
Should I just increase the power by a certain % in Overdrive in CCC until one of these numbers in GPUZ = 1.18?
In addition, if you are saying to use TRIXX to increase the voltage is there a TRIXX for my 6950 model? I was looking at the download page on the Sapphire website and I did not see a TRIXX version for 6950 toxic. It is the same card as the sold out card with the number 100312TXSR on newegg.


... 110.gif ... latest version/update of TriXX is ver.# TriXX OC Utility V4.0.2 and that will work with our HD-6950 TOXIC edition cards.

(Click PIC ^ to Open TriXX Download Page)

 

adjust the 3rd slider down to the right to increase the GPU voltage ...

img_671_37_orig.jpg


Edited by LA_Kings_Fan - 12/6/11 at 6:47pm
   
LG/Google NEXUS 5
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 Yorkfield Quad-Core Asus IPIBL-LB (HP Benicia-GL8E) Sapphire TOXIC HD6950 {UnLocked 1536 shaders} 8 GB G. Skill Pi Black DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SeaGate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache HP - DVD/CD combo Drive Cooler Master  MS Vista Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2207h Widescreen HP Stock BFG Tech LS-680 HP Pavilion 
Mouse
HP stock 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad Core Krait 400 @ 2.30GHz  Qualcomm MSM8974(Snapdragon 800) Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB NAND Android 4.4 Kitkat 4.95" 1080X1920 IPS Display Swiftkey 
PowerAudio
2300 mAh Battery Stereo Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
   
LG/Google NEXUS 5
(10 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Q9650 Yorkfield Quad-Core Asus IPIBL-LB (HP Benicia-GL8E) Sapphire TOXIC HD6950 {UnLocked 1536 shaders} 8 GB G. Skill Pi Black DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
SeaGate Barracuda 1TB 32MB Cache HP - DVD/CD combo Drive Cooler Master  MS Vista Home Premium 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
HP w2207h Widescreen HP Stock BFG Tech LS-680 HP Pavilion 
Mouse
HP stock 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Quad Core Krait 400 @ 2.30GHz  Qualcomm MSM8974(Snapdragon 800) Adreno 330 2GB LPDDR3-1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
32GB NAND Android 4.4 Kitkat 4.95" 1080X1920 IPS Display Swiftkey 
PowerAudio
2300 mAh Battery Stereo Speakers 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Sapphire TOXIC HD-6950/70 Owners Club & Informational Thread