Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Upgrading from GTX 470? ATI/Nvidia?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Upgrading from GTX 470? ATI/Nvidia? - Page 3

post #21 of 25
If I were you I'd just buy an aftermarket cooler. The 470 has a lot of potential overclock in it. I had my Shaman on my old 470, and furmark burn in only got it to 65C at 1.087v! I say keep the 470 and get rid of its noise and lower its temps. The Shaman takes up four slots though, but there are other coolers out there that take 2 and 3, which is probably better in your case.
 
Cheesecake
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Gene-Z Gen3 R9 290 G.Skill Sniper 8 GB 1866 9-9-9-28-1T 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
Kraken Lots of airflow :P TX850 version 2 Plasti-Dipped 350D 
AudioAudioAudio
Xonar DX [sold] Sennheiser HD 555 FiiO E10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
Phenom II X4 @ 4000/2800 ASRock Extreme4 970 Big Air Cheesecake  Tr Silver Arrow 
CoolingCase
Tr Shaman Centurion 590 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Cheesecake
(16 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Gene-Z Gen3 R9 290 G.Skill Sniper 8 GB 1866 9-9-9-28-1T 
CoolingCoolingPowerCase
Kraken Lots of airflow :P TX850 version 2 Plasti-Dipped 350D 
AudioAudioAudio
Xonar DX [sold] Sennheiser HD 555 FiiO E10 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsCooling
Phenom II X4 @ 4000/2800 ASRock Extreme4 970 Big Air Cheesecake  Tr Silver Arrow 
CoolingCase
Tr Shaman Centurion 590 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badness View Post
If I were you I'd just buy an aftermarket cooler. The 470 has a lot of potential overclock in it. I had my Shaman on my old 470, and furmark burn in only got it to 65C at 1.087v! I say keep the 470 and get rid of its noise and lower its temps. The Shaman takes up four slots though, but there are other coolers out there that take 2 and 3, which is probably better in your case.
Definitely go aftermarket cooler. My card is doing 850 @1.087 and never goes above 65 either. The card still has some headroom on it, but games have been performing great.
In progress.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asrock Z77E-ITX GTX670 Windforce 8gb Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 3 240gb OS and Steam h100i Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VG236HE 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Steelseries 6gv2 Antec TruePower New TP-750 Bitfenix Prodigy (White) 
  hide details  
Reply
In progress.
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3570k Asrock Z77E-ITX GTX670 Windforce 8gb Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Agility 3 240gb OS and Steam h100i Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Asus VG236HE 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Steelseries 6gv2 Antec TruePower New TP-750 Bitfenix Prodigy (White) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 25
Thread Starter 
Do you guys have any personal recommendations for aftermarket coolers? I've googled around and they look quite expensive, nearly $50 USD. For that much I'm still tempted to sell my card, spend a little extra money, and acquire a card during Black Friday
post #24 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingqi53 View Post
Do you guys have any personal recommendations for aftermarket coolers? I've googled around and they look quite expensive, nearly $50 USD. For that much I'm still tempted to sell my card, spend a little extra money, and acquire a card during Black Friday
If you can find a decent one for around $30 then its worth it. Something like an Accelero Xtreme Plus, Gelid Icy Vision or Zalman VF3000N are probably 3 of the best. Whichever you find at the cheapest price. Check around on OCN and Ebay and retailers. If not, just hold on a bit more if you can. New cards are just around the corner tbh.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4300Mhz Biostar TP67XE Waiting to buy a new one 8GB 1600Mhz 7-8-7-21 1T 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 SSD [250GB] Antec H20 620 Windows 7 x64 Acer S242HL 
PowerCase
Thermaltake 775W NZXT Phantom [White] 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5-2500k @ 4300Mhz Biostar TP67XE Waiting to buy a new one 8GB 1600Mhz 7-8-7-21 1T 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Samsung 840 SSD [250GB] Antec H20 620 Windows 7 x64 Acer S242HL 
PowerCase
Thermaltake 775W NZXT Phantom [White] 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 25
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razi3l View Post
If you can find a decent one for around $30 then its worth it. Something like an Accelero Xtreme Plus, Gelid Icy Vision or Zalman VF3000N are probably 3 of the best. Whichever you find at the cheapest price. Check around on OCN and Ebay and retailers. If not, just hold on a bit more if you can. New cards are just around the corner tbh.
Yeah I'm personally not a fan (hah, fan) of the Zalman because of it's independent fan control, so I'm leaning towards the Accelero or Gelid if I can find them for cheap
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Upgrading from GTX 470? ATI/Nvidia?