Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › New Corsair 500R White. A Few Problems.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Corsair 500R White. A Few Problems. - Page 3

post #21 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majin SSJ Eric View Post
You guys sure are painting with a broad brush. My 600t is 100% flawless so not ALL Corsair cases suck...
I wasn't saying that ALL Corsair cases suck at all. Just the one I received.
Black Z170
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 6600K MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON MSI GeForce GTX 1080 SEA HAWK X 8GB 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black P... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB Samsung 750 EVO 500GB Samsung 750 EVO Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 6x 20mm EK Vardar F4-120ER Cooling Fans in Black 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
Thermaltake Commander FP Windows 10 Pro 64-bit QPAD MK-90 RGB Pro 850W EVGA Supernova P2 with EVGA Black Braided ... 
CaseMouseOther
Fractal Design Define C QPAD 8K Pro 3x 30cm Silverstone Ultra Slim SATA cables 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Z170
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 6600K MSI Z170A GAMING PRO CARBON MSI GeForce GTX 1080 SEA HAWK X 8GB 16GB (4x4GB) Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX Black P... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB Samsung 750 EVO 500GB Samsung 750 EVO Corsair Hydro Series H100i V2 6x 20mm EK Vardar F4-120ER Cooling Fans in Black 
CoolingOSKeyboardPower
Thermaltake Commander FP Windows 10 Pro 64-bit QPAD MK-90 RGB Pro 850W EVGA Supernova P2 with EVGA Black Braided ... 
CaseMouseOther
Fractal Design Define C QPAD 8K Pro 3x 30cm Silverstone Ultra Slim SATA cables 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 95
I would like to see where this goes as I am thinking about buying this case.
Home
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz - 1.240V Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 Asus R9 280X DirectCU II TOP 16GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG IPS234V LG IPS234V CM Storm QuickFire Rapid - MX Brown Corsair AX750 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT Phantom 410 Black Razer Deathadder 2013 Steelseries QcK Mass 
  hide details  
Reply
Home
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz - 1.240V Asus P8Z68-V/GEN3 Asus R9 280X DirectCU II TOP 16GB Corsair XMS3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung 840 EVO 250GB Seagate Barracuda 2TB HDD Corsair H100i Windows 8.1 Pro 64 Bit 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG IPS234V LG IPS234V CM Storm QuickFire Rapid - MX Brown Corsair AX750 
CaseMouseMouse Pad
NZXT Phantom 410 Black Razer Deathadder 2013 Steelseries QcK Mass 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 95
I have a 400r and the side panels are not flimsy for me.

cable management could be a little better but it is a budget case.

Front panel filter just pop off front and hit with can of air or like I do randomly hit it with air while you game every couple of days. :0
Jynx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K Z68A-GD65 (G3) (MS-7681) Intel HD Graphics 2000 (GT2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial Technology  Crucial Technology  WD black Lg 3d Blueray 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Phanteks PH-TC14PE Win 7 64bit 27" Samsung sa750 Thermaltake 750 
CaseMouse
nzxt phantom R.A.T. 7 
  hide details  
Reply
Jynx
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K Z68A-GD65 (G3) (MS-7681) Intel HD Graphics 2000 (GT2) NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 
RAMRAMHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial Technology  Crucial Technology  WD black Lg 3d Blueray 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Phanteks PH-TC14PE Win 7 64bit 27" Samsung sa750 Thermaltake 750 
CaseMouse
nzxt phantom R.A.T. 7 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishV8 View Post
I have a 400r and the side panels are not flimsy for me.

cable management could be a little better but it is a budget case.

Front panel filter just pop off front and hit with can of air or like I do randomly hit it with air while you game every couple of days. :0
Compared to many of Cooler Master cases even compared to a HAF 912 the 400r/500r side panels are flimsy I hear.
post #25 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by CesarNYC View Post

Let's wait and see if corsair George comments about this.
He's more than welcome to do just that as there's consumers who notice some issues which are normally "un-Corsair" like with their cases.
post #26 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by CesarNYC View Post
Actually I see more and more complaints about the 600T everyday. Look in the corsair forums. It's a great case but I think they are messing with the recipe, maybe looking at cheaper ways to manufacture. Their paint jobs have taken a hit. I imagine Corsair will look at what they are saving, what their RMAs are costing them, and make a decision. They still have great customer service, so all is not lost.



Let's wait and see if corsair George comments about this.
First things first, the 600T is manufactured in exactly the same way it always has been, it's just selling phenomenally right now, which means that if our failure rate stays at the same (low) percentage, it'll still be higher than it used to be.

As for these 400R/500R problems mentioned - anybody who has a real issue and hasn't gotten a satisfactory answer from our customer support is always able to email me directly: redbeard@corsair.com with your info and I'll make sure we reach some kind of solution.
post #27 of 95
Thread Starter 
George,

Thanks for responding. As the OP please keep in mind that I think the 500r is a very nice case minus the problems. First and foremost are you aware that the power supply mounting hole pattern is only suited for a 'Fan Up' placement. If you try a 'Fan Down', which is the way the case is designed to work, the holes do not line up.
Also the bowed in motherboard tray and top grille issue. I'd be more than happy to have a 500R without these critical issues.
I literally tried three 500r's this weekend and all had the above mentioned issues.
Edited by mothman - 10/23/11 at 9:51pm
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K Asus Sabertooth X79 NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 Samsung  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 120gb SSD LG 24x Win XP Pro 64 / Win 7 Pro 64 Dell U2412M 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 Lian LI PC9F Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 3930K Asus Sabertooth X79 NVIDIA GeForce GTS 450 Samsung  
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Intel 520 120gb SSD LG 24x Win XP Pro 64 / Win 7 Pro 64 Dell U2412M 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair AX650 Lian LI PC9F Logitech G500 Razer Goliathus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothman View Post
As the OP please keep in mind that I think the 500r is a very nice case minus the problems. First and foremost are you aware that the power supply mounting hole pattern is only suited for a 'Fan Up' placement. If you try a 'Fan Down', which is the way the case is designed to work, the holes do not line up.
Also the bowed in motherboard tray and top grille issue. I'd be more than happy to have a 500R without these critical issues.
I literally tried three 500r's this weekend and all had the above mentioned issues.
I know it's a shame these issues exist in such a beautiful case IMHO.

Hope that you get it resolved and get this case minus those issues.
post #29 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothman View Post
George,

Thanks for responding. As the OP please keep in mind that I think the 500r is a very nice case minus the problems. First and foremost are you aware that the power supply mounting hole pattern is only suited for a 'Fan Up' placement. If you try a 'Fan Down', which is the way the case is designed to work, the holes do not line up.
Also the bowed in motherboard tray and top grille issue. I'd be more than happy to have a 500R without these critical issues.
I literally tried three 500r's this weekend and all had the above mentioned issues.
Honestly, I've built three 500Rs and four 400Rs myself, all in the fan-down orientation. In fact, I built the systems we show on our website like:

This one

This one

and

This one

So if you could post a picture of how they don't line up, that'd help a lot.

As for the bowed motherboard tray, it's something I've never personally seen, but we're pumping them out a lot and I personally don't do the QC over at our factory in China, so I'll need some ammunition to illustrate this.

Can you possibly get a photo of it somehow and send it to my email? redbeard@corsair.com

I really appreciate you giving us the chance to fix this for you. One way or another, I'll make sure you're taken care of.
post #30 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsairGeorge View Post
First things first, the 600T is manufactured in exactly the same way it always has been, it's just selling phenomenally right now, which means that if our failure rate stays at the same (low) percentage, it'll still be higher than it used to be.

As for these 400R/500R problems mentioned - anybody who has a real issue and hasn't gotten a satisfactory answer from our customer support is always able to email me directly: redbeard@corsair.com with your info and I'll make sure we reach some kind of solution.
I stand corrected. Hopefully you can get the images you requested and look into your Quality Control in the factory.
Bat-Computer
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K GA-Z170N-WIFI Geforce Titan X Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM951 512GB (NVMe)  SAMSUNG EVO 850 500 GB Corsair H100i Windows 10 
KeyboardPowerCase
LG Electronics UM95 34UM95C Silverstone sx600 G Corsair 380T 
  hide details  
Reply
Bat-Computer
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K GA-Z170N-WIFI Geforce Titan X Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM951 512GB (NVMe)  SAMSUNG EVO 850 500 GB Corsair H100i Windows 10 
KeyboardPowerCase
LG Electronics UM95 34UM95C Silverstone sx600 G Corsair 380T 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › New Corsair 500R White. A Few Problems.