Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Forum Folding War - Intel Team
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Forum Folding War - Intel Team - Page 12

post #111 of 306
Thread Starter 
Sounds like a plan, I was just reading through last years folding war and someone made a good point about overclocking for the war. They basically said make sure your oc is stable, as apposed to overclocking and then losing a WU. It doesnt matter now, but would be good idea to work out your top overclock and then set that for the week, thats what i plan to do anyways
post #112 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilent View Post
Sounds like a plan, I was just reading through last years folding war and someone made a good point about overclocking for the war. They basically said make sure your oc is stable, as apposed to overclocking and then losing a WU. It doesnt matter now, but would be good idea to work out your top overclock and then set that for the week, thats what i plan to do anyways
I have records for going up to 4.8 Ghz stable, but I never did 24 hours with the FAH client.

I NEVER consider an OC stable until I can complete a -bigadv WU with it. I have had so many configurations work fine with Prime95 only to BSOD on an FAH client.
post #113 of 306
Thread Starter 
^Ive had mine pass several bigbigadv units, then fail!
post #114 of 306
Yeah I always test with Prime95, then fold to see if my OC is good.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.4 ghz 1.35v ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 GTX 570 TF III Corsair Vengeance (2 x4GB) 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1 TB Seagate / 320GB WD W7 Asus 24" Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 XION Predator Gaming Series Intellimouse 1.1 Supermat! 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.4 ghz 1.35v ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 GTX 570 TF III Corsair Vengeance (2 x4GB) 1600mhz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1 TB Seagate / 320GB WD W7 Asus 24" Razer Lycosa 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Corsair HX650 XION Predator Gaming Series Intellimouse 1.1 Supermat! 
  hide details  
Reply
post #115 of 306
k4m1k4z3 reporting for action.

lets win this thing again this year.

time to do those winter upgrades on your rigs. I'm looking at pulling the trigger on getting a 2700k going... just need to have a few big drinks, and then make the bad (financially bad) decision to buy the mobo, i7, and some ram... to replace my old P4 rig.
I also need to get my 2nd i7 970 off stock cooling... perhaps this event will motivate me
The Main PC
(8 items)
 
16c/32t
(9 items)
 
12c/24t
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k ASUS Z170I PRO GAMING Mini‑ITX EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3 G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZ 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 Corsair H80i Windows 10 Professional x64 Corsair SF600 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon E5-2670 Xeon E5-2670 Intel s2600cp2j GTX 980 
RAMHard DriveCoolingPower
Hynix 128GB PC3-12800R ECC Kingston SV300S37A Noctua NH-U9DXi4 Corsair RM850i 
Case
Rosewill RSV-L4000 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon X5680 Xeon X5680 SuperMicro X8DTL-iF GTX 980 
RAMOS
24GB (6X4GB) DDR3 Memory Ubuntu 
  hide details  
Reply
The Main PC
(8 items)
 
16c/32t
(9 items)
 
12c/24t
(6 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700k ASUS Z170I PRO GAMING Mini‑ITX EVGA GTX 1080 TI FTW3 G.SKILL TridentZ F4-3200C14D-16GTZ 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
SAMSUNG 950 PRO M.2 Corsair H80i Windows 10 Professional x64 Corsair SF600 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon E5-2670 Xeon E5-2670 Intel s2600cp2j GTX 980 
RAMHard DriveCoolingPower
Hynix 128GB PC3-12800R ECC Kingston SV300S37A Noctua NH-U9DXi4 Corsair RM850i 
Case
Rosewill RSV-L4000 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Xeon X5680 Xeon X5680 SuperMicro X8DTL-iF GTX 980 
RAMOS
24GB (6X4GB) DDR3 Memory Ubuntu 
  hide details  
Reply
post #116 of 306
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4m1k4z3 View Post
k4m1k4z3 reporting for action.

lets win this thing again this year.

time to do those winter upgrades on your rigs. I'm looking at pulling the trigger on getting a 2700k going... just need to have a few big drinks, and then make the bad (financially bad) decision to buy the mobo, i7, and some ram... to replace my old P4 rig.
I also need to get my 2nd i7 970 off stock cooling... perhaps this event will motivate me
I bought a 2700k and it was supposed to be delivered today...but alas I have been let down again. So its gonna be Monday now (im either letting them deliver or ill pick it up myself)
post #117 of 306
Thread Starter 
First page has been updated, 33 folders so far!
post #118 of 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by $ilent View Post
I bought a 2700k and it was supposed to be delivered today...but alas I have been let down again. So its gonna be Monday now (im either letting them deliver or ill pick it up myself)
Let us know how the 2700k is, I'm interested to see how it OCs and if it will be my next processor!
R2-D2 2700k
(22 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K P8Z77-V Pro nVidia GTX970 Watercooled nVidia GTX970 Watercooled 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 S... Samsung 840 Evo OCZ Agility 3  Crucial MX300 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG Modisc XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 plus custom loop Danger Den Black Ice SR1 360 RAD Corsair AF SP120 fans (5x) 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Acer S231HL Acer S231HL Acer S231HL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm QuickFire XT Stealth with Cherry MX Gr... OCZ ZX 850W Corsair 750D Logitech M510 
Mouse PadAudio
Corsair MM400 Logitech LS21 
  hide details  
Reply
R2-D2 2700k
(22 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 2700K P8Z77-V Pro nVidia GTX970 Watercooled nVidia GTX970 Watercooled 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
CORSAIR Vengeance 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 S... Samsung 840 Evo OCZ Agility 3  Crucial MX300 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
LG Modisc XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 plus custom loop Danger Den Black Ice SR1 360 RAD Corsair AF SP120 fans (5x) 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit Acer S231HL Acer S231HL Acer S231HL 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
CM Storm QuickFire XT Stealth with Cherry MX Gr... OCZ ZX 850W Corsair 750D Logitech M510 
Mouse PadAudio
Corsair MM400 Logitech LS21 
  hide details  
Reply
post #119 of 306
We're going to have to fight for this one guys!
1x 2600k @4.5Ghz (-bigadv?)
1x 2500k @4.7Ghz -bigadv, native ubuntu
1x GTX 460
1x 9800GT
1x T6500 C2D



Recruit!
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-2500k @4.6GHz 1.365V GB Z68XP-UD4 MSI460 Hawk Talon Attack 900/3900/1800 @ 1.075v MSI 7950  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.SKILL Sniper Crucial M4 7k1000.c Asus 24x DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Hyper 212+ Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Gateway 22" 1680x1050 HP W2371d 23" 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse PadOther
CM Real Power Pro 650w CM HAF912 Custom Z32 mousepad :) CM R4-L2R-20AG-R2 fans 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i5-2500k @4.6GHz 1.365V GB Z68XP-UD4 MSI460 Hawk Talon Attack 900/3900/1800 @ 1.075v MSI 7950  
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.SKILL Sniper Crucial M4 7k1000.c Asus 24x DVD-RW 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Hyper 212+ Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Gateway 22" 1680x1050 HP W2371d 23" 1080p 
PowerCaseMouse PadOther
CM Real Power Pro 650w CM HAF912 Custom Z32 mousepad :) CM R4-L2R-20AG-R2 fans 
  hide details  
Reply
post #120 of 306
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderMutt View Post
Let us know how the 2700k is, I'm interested to see how it OCs and if it will be my next processor!
Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z32 View Post
We're going to have to fight for this one guys!
1x 2600k @4.5Ghz (-bigadv?)
1x 2500k @4.7Ghz -bigadv, native ubuntu
1x GTX 460
1x 9800GT
1x T6500 C2D



Recruit!
veryy nice, but I think you mis spelt bigbigadv next to your 2500k and 2600k
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Forum Folding War - Intel Team