Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › 27" and up 1200p monitors
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

27" and up 1200p monitors

post #1 of 33
Thread Starter 
Hello all, I'm currently using a 27" 1080p monitor.. but what happened is that the pixels for such size monitor in 1080p kind of big for me.. but what happen is that i couldnt find any 27" and up 1200p monitors on newegg and amazon.. all i can find are 24"ish.. but i don't want to go back to 24" simply because i got used to 27"s..

So my question is that if theres any 27" and up monitors that supports 1200p?
Any help will be appreciated.. Thanks
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K 4.8ghz HT Asus P8P67 Deluxe 1503 980TI Classy @ 1462Mhz Sammy DDR3L 8GB @ 1866 9-9-9-24-1 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
850 Pro Win8.1 64Bit PG278Q Cossair RM850X 
Case
Enthoo Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K 4.8ghz HT Asus P8P67 Deluxe 1503 980TI Classy @ 1462Mhz Sammy DDR3L 8GB @ 1866 9-9-9-24-1 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
850 Pro Win8.1 64Bit PG278Q Cossair RM850X 
Case
Enthoo Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 33
heres one:
Hanns.G HZ281HPB
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...d=1120&subcat=

If pixel density (or lack of) is your problem, then check out these:

Dell U2711
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...d=1120&subcat=

Dell U3011
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showpr...d=1120&subcat=

Hope that helps
post #3 of 33
Bertha
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8150 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Asus GTX 970 Strix Kingston HyperX 4x4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 4 128gb Seagate SSHD 2TB Corsair H110 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ GW2760S Corsair Strafe OCZ Zt 750w Corsair Air 540 
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
Bertha
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD FX-8150 ASUS Sabertooth 990FX Asus GTX 970 Strix Kingston HyperX 4x4GB DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
OCZ Agility 4 128gb Seagate SSHD 2TB Corsair H110 Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ GW2760S Corsair Strafe OCZ Zt 750w Corsair Air 540 
Mouse
Logitech G602 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 33
Thread Starter 
Thanks for the quick replies.. yea i'm in the US.. are Hanns a good brand? But wow, those Dells are really nice and the price is nice too sarcasm

EDIT: um.. just digged a little on those dells.. apparently they're not very suitable for gaming, heh.. I guess i don't have much of a choice lol
Edited by xxlap1xx - 10/24/11 at 10:14am
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K 4.8ghz HT Asus P8P67 Deluxe 1503 980TI Classy @ 1462Mhz Sammy DDR3L 8GB @ 1866 9-9-9-24-1 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
850 Pro Win8.1 64Bit PG278Q Cossair RM850X 
Case
Enthoo Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K 4.8ghz HT Asus P8P67 Deluxe 1503 980TI Classy @ 1462Mhz Sammy DDR3L 8GB @ 1866 9-9-9-24-1 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
850 Pro Win8.1 64Bit PG278Q Cossair RM850X 
Case
Enthoo Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlap1xx View Post
Thanks for the quick replies.. yea i'm in the US.. are Hanns a good brand? But wow, those Dells are really nice and the price is nice too
Buy the HP instead. Lower input lag than the dell. It is LED, newer model and cheaper as well!

HP ZR2740w.
http://computers.pricegrabber.com/fl...908893549.html



(HannsG is the biggest peace of **** you can find and the pixel density will be even bigger with that monitor. Besides 16:9 is better for gaming.)
Edited by Hydros - 10/24/11 at 10:09am
post #6 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydros View Post
Buy the HP instead. Lower input lag than the dell.

HP ZR2740w.

It is LED, newer model and cheaper as well!

(HannsG is the biggest peace of **** you can find and the pixel density will be even bigger with that monitor. Besides 16:9 is better for gaming.)
LOL!
Any evidence to support that argument? Not that I'm saying you're wrong.
post #7 of 33
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hydros View Post
Buy the HP instead. Lower input lag than the dell.

HP ZR2740w.

It is LED, newer model and cheaper as well!

(HannsG is the biggest peace of **** you can find and the pixel density will be even bigger with that monitor. Besides 16:9 is better for gaming.)
not bad..

another thing w/ my current samsung 2700fh is that the color is horrible.. even the dell 17's square lcds from where i work looks better than mind lol..
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K 4.8ghz HT Asus P8P67 Deluxe 1503 980TI Classy @ 1462Mhz Sammy DDR3L 8GB @ 1866 9-9-9-24-1 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
850 Pro Win8.1 64Bit PG278Q Cossair RM850X 
Case
Enthoo Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K 4.8ghz HT Asus P8P67 Deluxe 1503 980TI Classy @ 1462Mhz Sammy DDR3L 8GB @ 1866 9-9-9-24-1 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
850 Pro Win8.1 64Bit PG278Q Cossair RM850X 
Case
Enthoo Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny Sahota View Post
LOL!
Any evidence to support that argument? Not that I'm saying you're wrong.
It is well known that it is just a matter of time before you get headache with that monitor. Several people here on OC have complained about it.
post #9 of 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxlap1xx View Post
not bad..

another thing w/ my current samsung 2700fh is that the color is horrible.. even the dell 17's square lcds from where i work looks better than mind lol..
Thats because it is a TN panel. The HP and Dell recommended above are IPS with better colors.
post #10 of 33
Dell 2711 review:
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u2711.htm

Dell 3011 review:
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/dell_u3011.htm

HP ZR2740w review:
http://www.tftcentral.co.uk/reviews/hp_zr2740w.htm

Just to give a much better insight into each of the monitors so you can make a much more informed decision based on facts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Monitors and Displays
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Monitors and Displays › 27" and up 1200p monitors