Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS ROG Rampage IV X79 Owner's Club
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Official] ASUS ROG Rampage IV X79 Owner's Club - Page 258

post #2571 of 9809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion667 View Post

For the past week I've been testing 1.3v CPU PLL (1.28750 gave me a BSOD 124 during idle) and no problems so far. Left the PC on 24/7 during that time.
This has allowed me to drop CPU VCORE from 1.32v to 1.31v at 4.5Ghz and has been folding stable for 24 hours now.
Been busy building rigs for friends =/

Can you please post yout full settings in BIOS, including DIGI+ section and Dram section, thanks man. F12 for screenshots in BIOS thumb.gif thx
Quad Damage
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4930k @ 4.6Ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme (Koolance Full WB) 2 x GTX 1080ti FE in SLI (EK WATERBLOCK) Corsair Dominator GT 2133 MHz (16GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3 TB Seagate OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Crucial M4 128GB ADATA SX900 128GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
RIVE Koolance Waterblock (VRM and PCH) Feser X-Changer 360 Feser X-Changer 240 Feser X-Changer 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
WaterCool MoRA3 Pro with Gentle Typhoon 3 x MCP 655 pumps (With EK top...all serial) 2 x EK FC 1080ti Blocks Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q (3440x1440 @100hz) CrossOver 27Q Led-P Logitech G15 EVGA SuperNova 1600T2 (Titanium) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian Heavily Modded Logitech G700 RocketFish Speed/Control M-audio AV-40 (Logitech G-35) 
  hide details  
Reply
Quad Damage
(24 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 4930k @ 4.6Ghz Asus Rampage IV Extreme (Koolance Full WB) 2 x GTX 1080ti FE in SLI (EK WATERBLOCK) Corsair Dominator GT 2133 MHz (16GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
3 TB Seagate OCZ Vertex 4 256GB Crucial M4 128GB ADATA SX900 128GB 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
RIVE Koolance Waterblock (VRM and PCH) Feser X-Changer 360 Feser X-Changer 240 Feser X-Changer 480 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
WaterCool MoRA3 Pro with Gentle Typhoon 3 x MCP 655 pumps (With EK top...all serial) 2 x EK FC 1080ti Blocks Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
Asus ROG Swift PG348Q (3440x1440 @100hz) CrossOver 27Q Led-P Logitech G15 EVGA SuperNova 1600T2 (Titanium) 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Obsidian Heavily Modded Logitech G700 RocketFish Speed/Control M-audio AV-40 (Logitech G-35) 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2572 of 9809
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaRLiToS View Post

Can you please post yout full settings in BIOS, including DIGI+ section and Dram section, thanks man. F12 for screenshots in BIOS thumb.gif thx

You got PM
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k 4.7 1.368v RIVE BIOS 2105 680L 1330/7011 16GB Samsung 2133Mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 240GB  H110 after 4x H220 RMA Win 8.1 64bit XL2420T Lightboost  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
SS 6Gv2  EVGA 1300G2  Arc Midi R2 Zowie AM, many opticals 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
SS QCK+ Xonar Essence STX AK100 MKII Shure SE846  
AudioAudioOther
Ultrasone Pro 900 Sennheiser HD700 Intel EXPI9301CT NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k 4.7 1.368v RIVE BIOS 2105 680L 1330/7011 16GB Samsung 2133Mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 240GB  H110 after 4x H220 RMA Win 8.1 64bit XL2420T Lightboost  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
SS 6Gv2  EVGA 1300G2  Arc Midi R2 Zowie AM, many opticals 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
SS QCK+ Xonar Essence STX AK100 MKII Shure SE846  
AudioAudioOther
Ultrasone Pro 900 Sennheiser HD700 Intel EXPI9301CT NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2573 of 9809
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion667 View Post

For the past week I've been testing 1.3v CPU PLL (1.28750 gave me a BSOD 124 during idle) and no problems so far. Left the PC on 24/7 during that time.

This has allowed me to drop CPU VCORE from 1.32v to 1.31v at 4.5Ghz and has been folding stable for 24 hours now.

Been busy building rigs for friends =/

I'm still thankful for the similar suggestion you made for my Lightning. Broke that pesky 1460mhz-barrier because of it wink.gif But yeah that seems like quite a low PLL, I'm going to keep trying to lower mine further (PLL is currently at 1.5v for my 4.1Ghz HT-enabled @ 1.223v profile). But it just makes me wonder, has raising it ever helped anyone? I mean, your 4.5Ghz overclock is a pretty decent one, and you still have the PLL a whole 28% below stock. Has raising only the PLL ever helped stabilize an overclock? If so, it was changed from what to what?
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2574 of 9809
Quote:
Originally Posted by dph314 View Post

I'm still thankful for the similar suggestion you made for my Lightning. Broke that pesky 1460mhz-barrier because of it wink.gif But yeah that seems like quite a low PLL, I'm going to keep trying to lower mine further (PLL is currently at 1.5v for my 4.1Ghz HT-enabled @ 1.223v profile). But it just makes me wonder, has raising it ever helped anyone? I mean, your 4.5Ghz overclock is a pretty decent one, and you still have the PLL a whole 28% below stock. Has raising only the PLL ever helped stabilize an overclock? If so, it was changed from what to what?


At 4.8ghz and up, do you think you can run low PLL?
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2575 of 9809
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by dph314 View Post

I'm still thankful for the similar suggestion you made for my Lightning. Broke that pesky 1460mhz-barrier because of it wink.gif But yeah that seems like quite a low PLL, I'm going to keep trying to lower mine further (PLL is currently at 1.5v for my 4.1Ghz HT-enabled @ 1.223v profile). But it just makes me wonder, has raising it ever helped anyone? I mean, your 4.5Ghz overclock is a pretty decent one, and you still have the PLL a whole 28% below stock. Has raising only the PLL ever helped stabilize an overclock? If so, it was changed from what to what?


At 4.8ghz and up, do you think you can run low PLL?

Haven't tried yet, but I'm assuming not. I mean, it seems like if it can be at 1.3v for 4.5Ghz, then 1.8v would be more than enough for 5Ghz. And lowering it a lot gave me stability, yet temps were the same. So, I guess I was just thrown off by that. It just seemed wierd that lowering it so much increased stability instead of decreasing it is all.

I guess what I mean is, if the increased stability didn't come from lower temps, in what way did lowering it so much help (allow for higher OC)?
Edited by dph314 - 9/3/12 at 10:30pm
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2576 of 9809
Update : So I restored my OS to a point before I installed the RSTe software. I had a backup with Macrium Reflect software that had 3.1.0.1068 driver manually installed. This seems to not give me any Bsod's I'm currently also back on 2105. When I first flash back to 2105 I still had Bsod and didn't fix my problem until I downgrade to the OS with 3.1.0.1068 driver. So it might be okay with or without 2105 or 2105b I don't know for sure. Point is it is good now and I don't want to touch it. And hopefully I haven't spoke to soon but I'm already at 74 hours and 20 minutes with no bsod before it ranged from 2 hours to 38 hours. So I'm hoping its safe to say they are gone now.
 
4x r290's
(9 items)
 
3x 7970's
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930K 4.8Ghz offset ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme GTX 780 with EK waterblock GTX 780 with EK waterblock 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 780 with EK waterblock  Samsung 16GB (4x4gb) 2400Mhz 10-12-12-31-1t @ 1... 256GB Samsung 950 Pro 256GB Samsung 840 Pro 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
RX360, EX360, EX360, and 480 Rad's XSPC Raystorm CPU Block Dual boot (other unnamed OS) and Win8 Pro QNIX QX2710 27" 2560x1440 @ 112hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K90 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 700D Modded w/ External Radiators 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K GA-Z77X-UD3H 4x R9 290's 8GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
1TB Hard Drive Win8 Corsair Dual PSU - AX1200 and HX650 Open Case 
Other
Thee 16x Risers and One 1x Riser 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930K 5Ghz Bench ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme 3x AMD 7970's w/ EK water blocks Samsung 16GB (4x4gb) 2400Mhz 10-12-12-31-1t @ 1... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingMonitor
128GB Samsung 830  RX360, RX240, EX360 XSPC Raystorm CPU Block QNIX QX2710 27" 2560x1440 @ 114hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K90 Corsair AX760i Corsair 700D Modded w/ External Radiators 
  hide details  
Reply
 
4x r290's
(9 items)
 
3x 7970's
(16 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 3930K 4.8Ghz offset ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme GTX 780 with EK waterblock GTX 780 with EK waterblock 
GraphicsRAMHard DriveHard Drive
GTX 780 with EK waterblock  Samsung 16GB (4x4gb) 2400Mhz 10-12-12-31-1t @ 1... 256GB Samsung 950 Pro 256GB Samsung 840 Pro 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
RX360, EX360, EX360, and 480 Rad's XSPC Raystorm CPU Block Dual boot (other unnamed OS) and Win8 Pro QNIX QX2710 27" 2560x1440 @ 112hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K90 Corsair AX1200 Corsair 700D Modded w/ External Radiators 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570K GA-Z77X-UD3H 4x R9 290's 8GB 1600Mhz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
1TB Hard Drive Win8 Corsair Dual PSU - AX1200 and HX650 Open Case 
Other
Thee 16x Risers and One 1x Riser 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930K 5Ghz Bench ASUS X79 Rampage IV Extreme 3x AMD 7970's w/ EK water blocks Samsung 16GB (4x4gb) 2400Mhz 10-12-12-31-1t @ 1... 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingMonitor
128GB Samsung 830  RX360, RX240, EX360 XSPC Raystorm CPU Block QNIX QX2710 27" 2560x1440 @ 114hz 
KeyboardPowerCase
Corsair K90 Corsair AX760i Corsair 700D Modded w/ External Radiators 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2577 of 9809
Quote:
Originally Posted by dph314 View Post

Haven't tried yet, but I'm assuming not. I mean, it seems like if it can be at 1.3v for 4.5Ghz, then 1.8v would be more than enough for 5Ghz. And lowering it a lot gave me stability, yet temps were the same. So, I guess I was just thrown off by that. It just seemed wierd that lowering it so much increased stability instead of decreasing it is all.
I guess what I mean is, if the increased stability didn't come from lower temps, in what way did lowering it so much help (allow for higher OC)?


PLL is a strange one. It's sort of a voltage converter from what I gathered. At typical clocks, you actually don't need PLL and less will be better. But as you overclock high and raise bclk, you will need more PLL voltage.
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
The 3930
(26 items)
 
Junior's 3930
(22 items)
 
DATA/HTPC
(20 items)
 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2578 of 9809
From what I can understand it's more of a clipping voltage, there for other components of the processor to take what's needed. Remember when SB was released and there was this new "CPU PLL Internal Voltage" ? This is the same thing (AFAIK) and on SB-E (just like SB) it has no effect on lower clocks (prolly up to around 4.5 4.6).

Reference Sin's guide:

CPU PLL Voltage Override (Overvoltage): What the Heck does it do?
So I asked that question to an Intel Overclocking Engineer his explanation was roughly: We went through the BIOS settings trying to find setting that if changed could help overclock our CPUs further. We came across this setting. Think of the CPU PLL voltage as a voltage that is provided to the CPU, but then “clipped” down to an approximate voltage. No matter what that input is whether 1.3v or 1.9v it is clipped (hypothetically let’s say 800mv after clipping (he didn’t say how much)) that way other devices can use the PLL voltage and clip to what they need. The CPU PLL Overvoltage allows for less clipping of that voltage. It can also reduce the lifespan of the CPU, but nothing noticeable.
So those of you who think that increasing your PLL voltage will help with that setting, it really doesn’t. But with SBe I have found that increased CPU PLL can help stabilize higher frequency overclocks. That wasn’t the case with SB.
PoorHouse
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x MSI X99S SLI Plus GTX 560 Crucial  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingPower
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe Samsung 250GB 830 MCP35X2 -> Nova1080 -> CPU-370 Seasonic 1000 Platinum 
Case
Define R4 
  hide details  
Reply
PoorHouse
(9 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5960x MSI X99S SLI Plus GTX 560 Crucial  
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingPower
Samsung 950 Pro NVMe Samsung 250GB 830 MCP35X2 -> Nova1080 -> CPU-370 Seasonic 1000 Platinum 
Case
Define R4 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2579 of 9809
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsm106 View Post


PLL is a strange one. It's sort of a voltage converter from what I gathered. At typical clocks, you actually don't need PLL and less will be better. But as you overclock high and raise bclk, you will need more PLL voltage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ugotd8 View Post

From what I can understand it's more of a clipping voltage, there for other components of the processor to take what's needed. Remember when SB was released and there was this new "CPU PLL Internal Voltage" ? This is the same thing (AFAIK) and on SB-E (just like SB) it has no effect on lower clocks (prolly up to around 4.5 4.6).

Reference Sin's guide:

CPU PLL Voltage Override (Overvoltage): What the Heck does it do?
So I asked that question to an Intel Overclocking Engineer his explanation was roughly: We went through the BIOS settings trying to find setting that if changed could help overclock our CPUs further. We came across this setting. Think of the CPU PLL voltage as a voltage that is provided to the CPU, but then “clipped” down to an approximate voltage. No matter what that input is whether 1.3v or 1.9v it is clipped (hypothetically let’s say 800mv after clipping (he didn’t say how much)) that way other devices can use the PLL voltage and clip to what they need. The CPU PLL Overvoltage allows for less clipping of that voltage. It can also reduce the lifespan of the CPU, but nothing noticeable.
So those of you who think that increasing your PLL voltage will help with that setting, it really doesn’t. But with SBe I have found that increased CPU PLL can help stabilize higher frequency overclocks. That wasn’t the case with SB.

Thanks redface.gif +rep to each
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
My Only Hobby
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3930k Rampage IV Extreme EVGA 980Ti SC 16GB Samsung 30nm 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Seagate 3TB 7200rpm H100 Windows 8.1 Acer XB240H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Razer Lycosa Cooler Master 1200w Silent Pro Gold Cooler Master HAF X Razer DeathAdder 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2580 of 9809
Unfortunately I am limited by temps produced in CS:GO so I can't test low CPU PLL at overclocks higher than 4.6.

I used to run 4.8 24/7 without any issues, temps topped out at 65c when gaming, until I got CS:GO and that goes up to 72c.
Edited by Scorpion667 - 9/4/12 at 10:07am
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k 4.7 1.368v RIVE BIOS 2105 680L 1330/7011 16GB Samsung 2133Mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 240GB  H110 after 4x H220 RMA Win 8.1 64bit XL2420T Lightboost  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
SS 6Gv2  EVGA 1300G2  Arc Midi R2 Zowie AM, many opticals 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
SS QCK+ Xonar Essence STX AK100 MKII Shure SE846  
AudioAudioOther
Ultrasone Pro 900 Sennheiser HD700 Intel EXPI9301CT NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
3930k 4.7 1.368v RIVE BIOS 2105 680L 1330/7011 16GB Samsung 2133Mhz  
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Crucial M4 240GB  H110 after 4x H220 RMA Win 8.1 64bit XL2420T Lightboost  
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
SS 6Gv2  EVGA 1300G2  Arc Midi R2 Zowie AM, many opticals 
Mouse PadAudioAudioAudio
SS QCK+ Xonar Essence STX AK100 MKII Shure SE846  
AudioAudioOther
Ultrasone Pro 900 Sennheiser HD700 Intel EXPI9301CT NIC 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel Motherboards
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel Motherboards › [Official] ASUS ROG Rampage IV X79 Owner's Club