I'm glad I'm doing this update so I could make changes I wanted to do ever since I completed my first build. One thing I hated was I used nuts and bolts to hold on the koolance shroud. It was a pain to install the shroud, so I never took it off to clean my top radiator. As a result, I never drained or maintained my loop... since it would a pain to install again. When I finally took it apart (2 whole years later)... the radiators had so much dust, I'm surprised my temps didn't shoot through the roof.
First change was to make it easy to take the shroud off, so I can clean easily maintain my system. I bought these rubber nuts that sort of act as a tool-less rubber rivet... and it works really well:
Since it leaves a gap between the shroud and case, I put a strip of foam tape to seal any air from escaping through the sides:
Since I didn't maintain my loop, and never drained the water, I was a little scared what I would find in my CPU block. All I had was EC6 coolant only running for 2 years... no silver coil or anything. I was surprised that my tubing and blocks still looked pretty good...
Another thing that bugged and wanted to change was the ugly blue pump RPM wire. I changed it to black... along with black connectors:
Another change to go along with the darker look to go with my RIV Black Edition was changing my white fans with GT AP-15's to match all my radiator fans. Now I have 15 AP-15's in my rig... which is plenty for a 800D. Also, this reminded me how much I hated sleeving all my fans and cables in my initial build.
I installed my radiators and test fitted my mobo to see if interferes with any of my fittings and pump top reservoir:
I was going to put my 120 rad where the hot swap bay is... but I didn't want any of my acrylic tubing to go towards the front. That's one reason why I hated my bay reservoir... so I'm using a tube reservoir this time around. I would have preferred all my rads be internal, but I didn't want cover my sexy RIV BE... plus I don't really look at the rear of my computer anyway.
In the next couple of days, I'll be soldering white LED's go with my EK acrylic blocks... until the next time I update... enjoy!!!