Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › 4way SLI overclocked loop
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

4way SLI overclocked loop - Page 4

post #31 of 38
Haha, this thread is cracking me up. Anyway, my advice for an overkill solution would be 3 loops with 3 480 rads. CPU/NB on one, and each pair of graphics cards on another. Running all your cards on one parallel loop will make it very hard to have decent flow rates.
Balder
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 4.4ghz Gigabyte Sniper 3 (z77) EVGA 980ti SC+ ACX 2.0 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance - 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 (512MB) 4 x WD black 1TB LG Blueray Burner Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 x64 Pro NEC Multisync 3090wqxi (2560x1600) Corsair k90 Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair 600t white Naos 8200 Sennheiser HD 650 Zero DAC / Onkyo 875 
  hide details  
Reply
Balder
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 3770k @ 4.4ghz Gigabyte Sniper 3 (z77) EVGA 980ti SC+ ACX 2.0 16GB (2x8) Corsair Vengeance - 1600mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial M4 (512MB) 4 x WD black 1TB LG Blueray Burner Corsair H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 x64 Pro NEC Multisync 3090wqxi (2560x1600) Corsair k90 Corsair AX1200i 
CaseMouseAudioAudio
Corsair 600t white Naos 8200 Sennheiser HD 650 Zero DAC / Onkyo 875 
  hide details  
Reply
post #32 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CesarNYC View Post
If you are using a TH10, you can fit four 480 rads in your case no problem, I just added my fourth in mine. Two on the top, two on the bottom, so without any real floor space you will have to plan carefully where your pumps will be located (like a bay res/pump combo). Koolance makes some sweet dual bay reservoirs that you can add two pumps and LEDs into. I imagine two pumps is all you will need. Separate loops is probably a good idea, but with that much rad, I dont think it would matter (I didn't bother with separate loops). Good look with your planning, and don't forget to take pics for a build log, i am sure a lot of people will want to see the monster rig you are going to build. .
Question for you Cesar.

I am really excited about the TH10 case i have waiting for me at home. I feal like i need to fill it up since its so big, and going with small rads for a cpu loop and one 480 for my gpu's seems like alot of waste of space. I was wondering how your build is utilizing all that space?
post #33 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varjo View Post
Haha, this thread is cracking me up. Anyway, my advice for an overkill solution would be 3 loops with 3 480 rads. CPU/NB on one, and each pair of graphics cards on another. Running all your cards on one parallel loop will make it very hard to have decent flow rates.
i was thinking the same thing about my Gpu's on one Parallel loop.

I have so much space inside the TH10 that i was even thinking of going with four separate loops for each card! lol there is that much space.
post #34 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblanc03 View Post
Question for you Cesar.

I am really excited about the TH10 case i have waiting for me at home. I feal like i need to fill it up since its so big, and going with small rads for a cpu loop and one 480 for my gpu's seems like alot of waste of space. I was wondering how your build is utilizing all that space?
Well when I first began I only had planned on two 480 rads. Now I near the end of my build, and I have four sitting inside. When you add double reservoirs, double PSUs, double pumps, and so on you will find there is a finite amount of space in a TH10 after all.

I am happy to see your plans are even grander then mine. I would love to see someone go bannans in a TH10, like four pumps/four loops. That early post about decent flow rates over four cards could be right, you might want two loops for the GPUs, a pair on each loop.
Bat-Computer
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K GA-Z170N-WIFI Geforce Titan X Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM951 512GB (NVMe)  SAMSUNG EVO 850 500 GB Corsair H100i Windows 10 
KeyboardPowerCase
LG Electronics UM95 34UM95C Silverstone sx600 G Corsair 380T 
  hide details  
Reply
Bat-Computer
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K GA-Z170N-WIFI Geforce Titan X Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM951 512GB (NVMe)  SAMSUNG EVO 850 500 GB Corsair H100i Windows 10 
KeyboardPowerCase
LG Electronics UM95 34UM95C Silverstone sx600 G Corsair 380T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #35 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CesarNYC View Post
Well when I first began I only had planned on two 480 rads. Now I near the end of my build, and I have four sitting inside. When you add double reservoirs, double PSUs, double pumps, and so on you will find there is a finite amount of space in a TH10 after all.

I am happy to see your plans are even grander then mine. I would love to see someone go bannans in a TH10, like four pumps/four loops. That early post about decent flow rates over four cards could be right, you might want two loops for the GPUs, a pair on each loop.
Glad you brought up PSU's do you have one psu for your MB/gpus and the other for your Water cooling?

I was thinking of doing that. ALso how come it is taking you so long to finish? i thought you'd be done by now. when i get back, i dont want to spend more than 3 days on this if possible, thats why i am trying my best to get absolutley everything i need to just start building.
post #36 of 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by jblanc03 View Post
Glad you brought up PSU's do you have one psu for your MB/gpus and the other for your Water cooling?

I was thinking of doing that. ALso how come it is taking you so long to finish? i thought you'd be done by now. when i get back, i dont want to spend more than 3 days on this if possible, thats why i am trying my best to get absolutley everything i need to just start building.
I have a 1200W and a 750W PSU. I honestly don't know if I am going to use both, I don't want anymore cabling then absolutely necessary. It is taking me longer then most because I only put in an hour or so a day. I didn't do much planning either, and ordered parts as I went. Your going about it much cleaner then I did! I want to be done, but I won't see the rest of my parts till Wednesday.
Bat-Computer
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K GA-Z170N-WIFI Geforce Titan X Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM951 512GB (NVMe)  SAMSUNG EVO 850 500 GB Corsair H100i Windows 10 
KeyboardPowerCase
LG Electronics UM95 34UM95C Silverstone sx600 G Corsair 380T 
  hide details  
Reply
Bat-Computer
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6700K GA-Z170N-WIFI Geforce Titan X Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 DRAM 2... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Samsung SM951 512GB (NVMe)  SAMSUNG EVO 850 500 GB Corsair H100i Windows 10 
KeyboardPowerCase
LG Electronics UM95 34UM95C Silverstone sx600 G Corsair 380T 
  hide details  
Reply
post #37 of 38
So, you're switching to SB-E and quad 580s, does your dual 6990 system even exist at the moment?
 
Liquid i5
(18 items)
 
Budget BOINCer
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Gene Micro ATX LGA2011 Diamond Radeon HD 7970 Diamond Radeon HD 7970 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB Heatkiller Waterblocks! Windows 8 Pro 
PowerCase
Seasonic X-850 Mountain Mods H2gO, black wrinkle, Left H Windo... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.428v Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 EVGA 570 SC SLI@ 900/2000 1.1v G-Skill Ripjaws 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial C300 128gb Samsung F4 2TBx4 Raid5 LG Bluray Combo GPU - HK GPUx3 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
CPU - HK Rev 3.0 360+120 Rads, Gentle Typhoon AP-15s Win7 Pro x64 Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HX750w Cooler Master HAF X Logitech G9 Razer Barracuda AC-1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 945 MSI 790FX-GD70 3x HD 5870 G-Skill Ripjaws 2x2gb Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 320gb CPU - XSPC Rasa GPUs - XSPC 5870 & MCW82 RS240 & EX240 
OSPowerCase
XP Pro Seasonic Platinum 860 Fractal Arc Midi 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Liquid i5
(18 items)
 
Budget BOINCer
(11 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 3930k Asus Rampage IV Gene Micro ATX LGA2011 Diamond Radeon HD 7970 Diamond Radeon HD 7970 
RAMHard DriveCoolingOS
G.Skill Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1866 Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB Heatkiller Waterblocks! Windows 8 Pro 
PowerCase
Seasonic X-850 Mountain Mods H2gO, black wrinkle, Left H Windo... 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5ghz 1.428v Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD4-B3 EVGA 570 SC SLI@ 900/2000 1.1v G-Skill Ripjaws 16gb 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial C300 128gb Samsung F4 2TBx4 Raid5 LG Bluray Combo GPU - HK GPUx3 
CoolingCoolingOSMonitor
CPU - HK Rev 3.0 360+120 Rads, Gentle Typhoon AP-15s Win7 Pro x64 Samsung SyncMaster XL2370 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair HX750w Cooler Master HAF X Logitech G9 Razer Barracuda AC-1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x4 945 MSI 790FX-GD70 3x HD 5870 G-Skill Ripjaws 2x2gb Blue 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Seagate 320gb CPU - XSPC Rasa GPUs - XSPC 5870 & MCW82 RS240 & EX240 
OSPowerCase
XP Pro Seasonic Platinum 860 Fractal Arc Midi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 38
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CesarNYC View Post
I have a 1200W and a 750W PSU. I honestly don't know if I am going to use both, I don't want anymore cabling then absolutely necessary. It is taking me longer then most because I only put in an hour or so a day. I didn't do much planning either, and ordered parts as I went. Your going about it much cleaner then I did! I want to be done, but I won't see the rest of my parts till Wednesday.
I see.

Well good luck with the rest of that build. Looks amazing.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Water Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Water Cooling › 4way SLI overclocked loop