Overclock.net banner

Titanium HD + Headphones Q's...

894 views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  Jo0 
#1 ·
I purchased SB.T.HD a while back. I installed all the drivers then updated. Im using the Optical Out for my receiver, but for the life of me i cant get my headphones to work with the 3.5 jack. the mic works properly (but even that took me some time to get to work) any settings that i have to mess with?

(i have the "Automatic Headphone detection" enabled.)

thanks in advanced.

#2 ·
Please don't be offended by this- are you going straight to the card? or the front panel? not trying to call you an idiot or nothing like that- just something that is possible.

If your going straight to the card, there is a setting where you have to actually change it from 2.1 speakers, 5.1 i believe, or headphones-

The gui for the HD isnt the greatest, just keep looking for a drop down where it ask your speciffic speaker set up.

#3 ·
lol no offense taken, any help can get is greatly appreciated. my HD didnt come with a front panel. im plugging it directly to the back 3.5 jack. i know the settings you are talking about. i tried that as well and it didn't work. i also unplugged the Opt Out and just leaving the Head Phones plugged in.

in the Audio Device manager i only only see 2 options, speakers (which i cant select head phones) or spdif (which is my opt out). i dont see any headphone devices like i did on my MB soundcard or my Auzentech Soundcard. my next step is just re-install the drivers and probably call Creative. If not im just moving on to another Sound Card. people werent kidding when they said their drivers suck

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by RallyMaster
View Post

Did you plug it into the correct 3.5 mm jack? It's the one by the RCA, not the one on the end.

Did you get the proper drivers?

If you didn't do either of the above, this may be a case of PEBKAC.

yes, the one closest to the rca (all the manuals have it wrong)

drivers right off of the disc. (oem and tried updated drivers as well)

no, your attempt at humor doesnt amuse me.

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Not A Good Idea
View Post

lol no offense taken, any help can get is greatly appreciated. my HD didnt come with a front panel. im plugging it directly to the back 3.5 jack. i know the settings you are talking about. i tried that as well and it didn't work. i also unplugged the Opt Out and just leaving the Head Phones plugged in.

in the Audio Device manager i only only see 2 options, speakers (which i cant select head phones) or spdif (which is my opt out). i dont see any headphone devices like i did on my MB soundcard or my Auzentech Soundcard. my next step is just re-install the drivers and probably call Creative. If not im just moving on to another Sound Card. people werent kidding when they said their drivers suck

The speaker option is your headphones on the 3.5mm jack.

If that doesnt work. Uninstall the drivers. The CD drivers are buggy and have been reported to not work properly on win 7. Reinstall using the drivers on the site or PAX drivers. Go through the settings again, and report back to us if it still doesnt work out.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Not A Good Idea
View Post

People get butt hurt on here easily sometimes- glad to see that you didnt.

anyways, try to disable your optical out while using your headphones- thats the last thing i can think of... unfortunately, i do know that if you use one or the other it has to be manually turned on, or off.

Its pretty lame... Anymore for me, i wont get another sound card, its not worth it. on board sound is plenty, outside of the hd taking some cpu load. other than that, its not worth it.

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jo0
View Post

The speaker option is your headphones on the 3.5mm jack.

If that doesnt work. Uninstall the drivers. The CD drivers are buggy and have been reported to not work properly on win 7. Reinstall using the drivers on the site or PAX drivers. Go through the settings again, and report back to us if it still doesnt work out.

What are PAX drivers? ill try this out thanks.

#13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Good Idea;15465493
What are PAX drivers? ill try this out thanks.
It's just modified creative drivers. Some people have luck with them some dont.

Honestly your problem isnt really a problem. If you are using the 3.5mm jack on the back then the "Speaker out" on the audio device manager is the one you need to enable for your headphones. "SPDIF out" is your reciever/amp like you stated.

#14 ·
well... here is something crazy.... i unplugged the opt out. turned off my machine. when i booted back up my head phones work great. if i unplug it, i lose all sound for that session. i would have to start the machine with the headphones plugged in... sounds stupid to me (no pun intended)... hmm definitely wacky drivers. this is a fresh win 7 install as well.

#15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not A Good Idea;15467674
well... here is something crazy.... i unplugged the opt out. turned off my machine. when i booted back up my head phones work great. if i unplug it, i lose all sound for that session. i would have to start the machine with the headphones plugged in... sounds stupid to me (no pun intended)... hmm definitely wacky drivers. this is a fresh win 7 install as well.
Its Creative, crap like that is to be expected.

#17 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo0;15465331
The CD drivers are buggy and have been reported to not work properly on win 7. Reinstall using the drivers on the site or PAX drivers. Go through the settings again, and report back to us if it still doesnt work out.
Do not waste your time with PAX drivers. I am running the original CD that came with the card. The card's official drivers were written for Vista/Windows 7, so I am not certain why jo0 says they do not work properly with Windows 7. The PAX drivers are cobbled together crap, modified by an author that has no idea what he is changing.

#19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalkbluffgrown;15467992
Do not waste your time with PAX drivers. I am running the original CD that came with the card. The card's official drivers were written for Vista/Windows 7, so I am not certain why jo0 says they do not work properly with Windows 7. The PAX drivers are cobbled together crap, modified by an author that has no idea what he is changing.
Some people including myself had issues with the CD drivers for vista/win 7. Honestly the best option is to go straight to the Creative support site and download the drivers for your card.

PAX drivers are just a last option in case anything is a driver issue. I didn't have luck with them. So in order for my card to work properly I had to reformat my PC and only then would my drivers install and my card would work properly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.