Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Plz Help me choose the best case
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Plz Help me choose the best case

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
i've ordered all the part exept the case so help me choose between those 3 cases

Corsair 400R Carbide 94 EURO
FRACTAL DESIGN ARC MIDI 90 EURO
Cooler Master CM-690 II lite version 79 euro
post #2 of 24
what parts are going in to it... the coolmaster is a nice case commonly used and has lots of breathing room. the fractal design is an extremely nice looking case however air flow inside has to be worked at to achieve great succes. and the 400r is a perfect case for almost anyhting. only down side is the cost but its clearly in your price range
post #3 of 24
I would personally go with the fractal.

Its a nice clean case, also has good features and good airflow
post #4 of 24
I enjoy my arc midi alot

Things to watch for:
psu length, it can cover the bottom 140mm although my hx850w corsair might still fit a 120 next to it.
the fractal fans that come with it are ok, although they are very silent
dont use other fans on the fan controller included unless they are pretty low watt.
the top HDD bay on the lower 4 is not very tall, dont use a 3.5" in it a SSD would work fine.

Otherwise its a great case my build in my sig is what i used it on. houses a 6950 with plenty of space, holds the d14 fine. Note that the side fan does not have a filter. Had good amount of cables ran behind without any issues of squishing them.
Built 2/6/13
(13 items)
 
Built 10/20/2011
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K GA-Z77X-UD4H Sapphire 7950 3G 16G Crucial 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128G SSD WD 7200 Black 1TB Toshiba Q 128G SSD Noctua NH-14D 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
7 Pro x64 Logitech G710+ Corsair TX650M Arc Midi  
Mouse
Razer Naga Molten 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 1100T @ 3.3 GA-990FXA-UD5 HIS IceQ X Turbo 6950 2GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2 7.2k 1Tb Raid 0 Windows 7 Pro 64bit 1 27" 1 24" HX850w Corsair 
Case
Arc Midi 
  hide details  
Reply
Built 2/6/13
(13 items)
 
Built 10/20/2011
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K GA-Z77X-UD4H Sapphire 7950 3G 16G Crucial 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128G SSD WD 7200 Black 1TB Toshiba Q 128G SSD Noctua NH-14D 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
7 Pro x64 Logitech G710+ Corsair TX650M Arc Midi  
Mouse
Razer Naga Molten 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 1100T @ 3.3 GA-990FXA-UD5 HIS IceQ X Turbo 6950 2GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2 7.2k 1Tb Raid 0 Windows 7 Pro 64bit 1 27" 1 24" HX850w Corsair 
Case
Arc Midi 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onions View Post
what parts are going in to it... the coolmaster is a nice case commonly used and has lots of breathing room. the fractal design is an extremely nice looking case however air flow inside has to be worked at to achieve great succes. and the 400r is a perfect case for almost anyhting. only down side is the cost but its clearly in your price range
my pc parts are
Thermalright HR-02 MACHO
Intel Core i5 2500K
Asus ENGTX570 DCII/2DIS/1280M
MSI P67A-GD65 (Révision B3)
i need a good air flow and the more important dust filters need to be good
post #6 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawnlink View Post
I enjoy my arc midi alot

Things to watch for:
psu length, it can cover the bottom 140mm although my hx850w corsair might still fit a 120 next to it.
the fractal fans that come with it are ok, although they are very silent
dont use other fans on the fan controller included unless they are pretty low watt.
the top HDD bay on the lower 4 is not very tall, dont use a 3.5" in it a SSD would work fine.

Otherwise its a great case my build in my sig is what i used it on. houses a 6950 with plenty of space, holds the d14 fine. Note that the side fan does not have a filter. Had good amount of cables ran behind without any issues of squishing them.
thx alot for the feedback but i am a little concerned about the dust filters are they good i saw some pics shows dust sticking in the corners of the dust filter
post #7 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbob1234 View Post
I would personally go with the fractal.

Its a nice clean case, also has good features and good airflow
yeah i heard alot about fractal cases i am only concerned about the quality of the dust filters
post #8 of 24
Corsair 400R looks very sweet and it sure preforms nice.
Sandy love
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.5GHz 1.32V Asus P8P67 PRO 3.0 Sapphire 5850 Hd 900/1250 Mushkin Blackline 2x4GB 1.35V 
Hard DriveOptical DrivePowerCase
Crucial M4 64Gb(boot), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB LG Corsair TX850W V2 Haf 932 Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
Sandy love
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500K 4.5GHz 1.32V Asus P8P67 PRO 3.0 Sapphire 5850 Hd 900/1250 Mushkin Blackline 2x4GB 1.35V 
Hard DriveOptical DrivePowerCase
Crucial M4 64Gb(boot), Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB LG Corsair TX850W V2 Haf 932 Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
post #9 of 24
I like my 690 II advanced, I think its pretty much the same as the lite?
Although like the fractal mine doesn't have a filter for the side fans. When I was choosing between the cases I had the same selection and eventually narrowed it down to 400r or 690, went with the 690 because it was cheaper and available at the time (400r was only just coming over to the UK)

EDIT: I'm sure you could always buy aftermarket dust filters if you wanted additional/better ones.
First Build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5 2500K Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 MSI GTX 560Ti Twin Frozr ii Zotac 460 (PhysX) 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz 1tb Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM Sony DVD/RW Corsair H100 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic VX2453mh-LED Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Corsair TX850 CM 690ii Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
First Build
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
I5 2500K Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 MSI GTX 560Ti Twin Frozr ii Zotac 460 (PhysX) 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2x4GB) 1600MHz 1tb Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM Sony DVD/RW Corsair H100 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic VX2453mh-LED Microsoft Sidewinder X6 Corsair TX850 CM 690ii Advanced 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by yeahi View Post
yeah i heard alot about fractal cases i am only concerned about the quality of the dust filters
can't say ive had mine long enough to see any dust build up yet.
Thought about your fan configuration yet? Negative pressure would be where you will see the dust get sucked in more. The way the bottom filter is held in is by some simple pieces of the case bent down, so its not air tight there is a slight gap between the case and the filter. The top filter is very nice with its own housing, if you use those as an intake i wouldn't worry about that.I would be more worried about the side fan than the others for dust, if you use that as an intake.


Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroDave View Post
EDIT: I'm sure you could always buy aftermarket dust filters if you wanted additional/better ones.
This ^
Edited by spawnlink - 10/26/11 at 10:34am
Built 2/6/13
(13 items)
 
Built 10/20/2011
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K GA-Z77X-UD4H Sapphire 7950 3G 16G Crucial 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128G SSD WD 7200 Black 1TB Toshiba Q 128G SSD Noctua NH-14D 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
7 Pro x64 Logitech G710+ Corsair TX650M Arc Midi  
Mouse
Razer Naga Molten 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 1100T @ 3.3 GA-990FXA-UD5 HIS IceQ X Turbo 6950 2GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2 7.2k 1Tb Raid 0 Windows 7 Pro 64bit 1 27" 1 24" HX850w Corsair 
Case
Arc Midi 
  hide details  
Reply
Built 2/6/13
(13 items)
 
Built 10/20/2011
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-3770K GA-Z77X-UD4H Sapphire 7950 3G 16G Crucial 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Crucial M4 128G SSD WD 7200 Black 1TB Toshiba Q 128G SSD Noctua NH-14D 
OSKeyboardPowerCase
7 Pro x64 Logitech G710+ Corsair TX650M Arc Midi  
Mouse
Razer Naga Molten 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II 1100T @ 3.3 GA-990FXA-UD5 HIS IceQ X Turbo 6950 2GB G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB 1600 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2 7.2k 1Tb Raid 0 Windows 7 Pro 64bit 1 27" 1 24" HX850w Corsair 
Case
Arc Midi 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Computer Cases
Overclock.net › Forums › Case Mods & Cases › Computer Cases › Plz Help me choose the best case