Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › What is the best main model of microswitch?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What is the best main model of microswitch? - Page 17

post #161 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by popups View Post

I didn't say the blue Huano switch is the same as the D2FC-F-7N. I said it feels better to click than the D2FC-F-7N [20m]. Supposedly, the blue Huano switch has a ~75N OF.

I heard someone say the Chinese Omron switches can typically have a variance of 10g.

http://www.z-saint.com/uploadfile/other/2012072806472924449641.pdf

I very roughly "weighed" the amount of grams necessary to actuate the buttons/switches a few mice. It definitely was not precise.

A thoroughly used white Huano switch took ~50g of weight to actuate the switch by itself. The weight necessary to actuate the switch using the shell varied massively. Obviously, the force requirement is highly dependent on finger placement and the design of the mouse. Via a modified FK shell it ranged from ~53g to something like 4 times that.

My FK, ZA13, WMO and IMO have somewhat similar actuation force requirements when my finger was placed in a similar area when using those mice. The force necessary to actuate the switches in the G100s with the same finger placement was about half of the mice I just mentioned. So let's say it's like 75g to actuate the FK, ZA13, WMO and IMO, whereas the G100s is 36g.

If you have a "double clicking" issue when using the G100s that might be because you are not used to extremely light buttons.
Edited by popups - 5/17/16 at 8:49pm
post #162 of 282
I've ordered a few D2F-01F's and D2FC-7N(20m)'s

Here are the results of actuation force and variation (in grams):


D2F-01F:
52
56
50
53
52
51
57
54
53
48

D2FC-7N(20m):
70
65
63
63

That said, my scale might not have been 100% calibrated to the gram, and these arent that many numbers to work with, but thats all I can do atm.

Either way I will most likely use the 01F's for my Zowie as they are incredibly light feeling yet they give good tactile feedback with very little noise. Not so much pretravel as the 7N's either, which I like smile.gif
post #163 of 282
Got D2FC-F-K(50M) and UX10C today. Tested with Logitech G303 because it has the best click mechanism atm.
D2FC-F-K has a little bit smaller pretravel and smaller operating force than D2FC-F-7N. Sound is more pleasant as well.
D2FC-F-K is still not as good as D2F-01F but very close to.
UX10C has awful rattling but feels very nice. Nothing else to say.
Some photos (sorry for quality): https://imgur.com/gallery/XkSOh
Product page: http://en.chanlin-ele.com/Switches/182-496.html
My list for today:
D2F-01F
Old Zippy (couldn't find new original, those I've bought from China are awful)
D2FC-F-K(50M)
D2FC-F-7N
UX10C
Steelseries / TTC and other random chinese switches
Last place for all of Huanos for terrible pretravel (especially those with blue case) and high operating force.
post #164 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1hka View Post

Got D2FC-F-K(50M) and UX10C today. Tested with Logitech G303 because it has the best click mechanism atm.
D2FC-F-K has a little bit smaller pretravel and smaller operating force than D2FC-F-7N. Sound is more pleasant as well.
D2FC-F-K is still not as good as D2F-01F but very close to.
UX10C has awful rattling but feels very nice. Nothing else to say.
Some photos (sorry for quality): https://imgur.com/gallery/XkSOh
Product page: http://en.chanlin-ele.com/Switches/182-496.html
My list for today:
D2F-01F
Old Zippy (couldn't find new original, those I've bought from China are awful)
D2FC-F-K(50M)
D2FC-F-7N
UX10C
Steelseries / TTC and other random chinese switches
Last place for all of Huanos for terrible pretravel (especially those with blue case) and high operating force.
Cool stuff, are they as tall as thr d2fs or same profile as the standard stuff? Also where did you buy them?
post #165 of 282
It is absolutely the same as D2FC-F-7N in dimensions.
post #166 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1hka View Post

Old Zippy (couldn't find new original, those I've bought from China are awful)

UX10C

Gave up looking for authentic Japanese made Zippy's but will install the UX10C Honeywells to feel their difference.
post #167 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrick View Post

Gave up looking for authentic Japanese made Zippy's
It's Taiwanese company and their manufacture is in Taiwan. wink.gif
post #168 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1hka View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elrick View Post

Gave up looking for authentic Japanese made Zippy's
It's Taiwanese company and their manufacture is in Taiwan. wink.gif

Then why are they so TERRIBLE thinking.gif ?

Bought lots of them (from Fleabay) and every one now has gone soft and that special 'click' has disappeared. Can't believe the junk that's selling everywhere now, would love to buy some authentic REAL, made in Taiwan Zippys.
post #169 of 282
Cause they are random. Some of them have awful click sound and absolutely disgusting click feel and some are okeyish but not as good as old Zippy or D2F-01F more like TTC.
Original Zippy from my mx300 are so much better despite being in use for almost 15 years (not daily though).
I would be interesting to compare their insides, but I'm afraid to break them. And have only 2 of them.biggrin.gif
post #170 of 282
Quote:
Originally Posted by m1hka View Post

Original Zippy from my mx300 are so much better despite being in use for almost 15 years (not daily though).
I would be interesting to compare their insides, but I'm afraid to break them. And have only 2 of them.biggrin.gif

DON'T ever open them unless of course the switches finally die.

I've ruined numerous mice after I've opened them, maybe because my hands are like a Gorilla's hence nothing works again once I open it up. Usually I hand it over to the youngster's to open and replace something but even they are now picky about what they want to do for their old man.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › What is the best main model of microswitch?