Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › The Official Ultimate Android App List [Updated Weekly!]
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The Official Ultimate Android App List [Updated Weekly!] - Page 9

post #81 of 471
Lots of games updated today. Added:

1) Assaulter
2) Blood & Glory
3) Cartoon Wars: Gunner+
4) Defender
5) Princess Punt

I'm currently reviewing Heroes Fight and may or may not update that later on. Definitely check these games out as they are all really good.
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #82 of 471
Needs ShadowGun IMO in the games list.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.madfingergames.shadowgun


Easily one of the best games and also one of the best looking game.
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
^_^
(13 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel 2600K ASRock Z68 EXTREME4 GEN3 Gigabyte Windforce 7970 OC Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
CoolingMonitorPowerCase
Noctua D14 Asus VG248QE Corsair TX 750 V2 Corsair 650D 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
G400, MX518, G500, G5, IMO 1.1, IME 3.0, Deatha... fUnC 1030, QCK+, QCK Heavy, PureTrak Talent Whi... X-Fi Titanium HD Sennheiser HD555 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 2.4GHz Intel HD 4000 8GB 256GB SSD 
Monitor
2880 x 1800 Retina 
  hide details  
Reply
post #83 of 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmasteR View Post

Needs ShadowGun IMO in the games list.

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.madfingergames.shadowgun


Easily one of the best games and also one of the best looking game.

Funny you say, I had that downloaded when I last posted all those other games but haven't gotten around to testing it yet. When I finish reviewing it I'll decide whether to post it or not.
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #84 of 471
Good list, but where's the love for Quick Settings? Allows you quick access to all the major functions of the phone (wifi, mobile data, brightness, contrast, and more)
post #85 of 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by mingqi53 View Post

Good list, but where's the love for Quick Settings? Allows you quick access to all the major functions of the phone (wifi, mobile data, brightness, contrast, and more)

My ROM comes with quick settings, but I never use it because my ROM is set up perfectly. I drag down the notification menu and have everything accessible there. Brightness slider, wifi, 3g, bt, etc. MIUI is awesome.

Perhaps it might be more useful for those on inferior ROMs though.
Edited by Simca - 11/18/11 at 6:48pm
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #86 of 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simca View Post

My ROM comes with quick settings, but I never use it because my ROM is set up perfectly. I drag down the notification menu and have everything accessible there. Brightness slider, wifi, 3g, bt, etc. MIUI is awesome.
Perhaps it might be more useful for those on inferior ROMs though.

What exactly does MIUI really have going for it besides it's launcher? Not being sarcastic, just curious...because it's based off of Cyanogenmod, no? If someone were to make a MIUI launcher, wouldn't you feel right at home with CM7 and the launcher?
post #87 of 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by quentin View Post


What exactly does MIUI really have going for it besides it's launcher? Not being sarcastic, just curious...because it's based off of Cyanogenmod, no? If someone were to make a MIUI launcher, wouldn't you feel right at home with CM7 and the launcher?

It's nothing like Cyanogen mod at all. The only similarity between Cyanogen Mod and MIUI is that they're AOSP roms and that's it. Everything else is completely different.

In fact, CyanogenMod is almost like every OTHER ROM out there EXCEPT for MIUI.

MIUI is completely fresh. Completely built from the ground up. The menu's are unique, the customization is unrivaled, the ease and efficiency is unmatched, the smoothness of the ROM is one of the best.

The launcher isn't even that impressive. Many people dislike the launcher actually.

MIUI launcher is sort of iOS like. All your apps are placed on an infinite amount of screens. It's your job to order them after that. You can have up to 6 icons on your launcher (at the bottom that is static no matter what screen you're on). After that you have 4 collumns, 4 rows of icons for each screen. You can drag the icon from the screen down into the launcher and arrange them in whatever way you like. You don't have to fill all 6, it just gives you the option to. I use 5. Others like 4 to match with the screens.

You could theoretically have none.

The ROM is so far ahead of anything else I've tried. CyanogenMod was so underwhelming in comparison. I felt CyanogenMod was basically stock android with neato colored symbols. That's it. On top of that Cyanogen was so unstable compared to MIUI.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I have finished reviewing the last 2 games and here is the verdict:

ShadowGun is AMAZING! It's the ONLY FPS game on Android that I've tried where I appreciate the controls and can actually run, shoot and aim all at the same time. The graphics are AMAZING. They honestly look like xbox 360 graphics. It plays like Gears of War. you can hide behind obstacles and duck down, but the obstacles do get blown up and shot up so they wither away. This is a MUST HAVE game.

Heroes Fight is trash. Don't even consider buying it. It's stupid beyond belief.
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #88 of 471
Simca, supposedly the spoiler tag is fixed. Just hit "edit" then "submit" and it should fix itself from what i'm told.
Bravo One
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 EVGA GTX1070 SC ACX3.0 16GB EVGA DDR4-2400mhz (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 120GB WD 1TB WD 500GB WD 250GB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Windows 10 x64 24" Asus 24" Samsung  
KeyboardPowerCase
OCN/Ducky Mechanical Corsair HX520 Fractal Design Define R5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4200M HP Probook 650 G1 Intel IGP 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB DVD/RW Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 15" 
  hide details  
Reply
Bravo One
(15 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 6700k Gigabyte Z170X-UD3 EVGA GTX1070 SC ACX3.0 16GB EVGA DDR4-2400mhz (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 Evo 120GB WD 1TB WD 500GB WD 250GB 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Cooler Master Hyper TX3 Windows 10 x64 24" Asus 24" Samsung  
KeyboardPowerCase
OCN/Ducky Mechanical Corsair HX520 Fractal Design Define R5 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 4200M HP Probook 650 G1 Intel IGP 8GB DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB DVD/RW Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 15" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #89 of 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simca View Post

It's nothing like Cyanogen mod at all. The only similarity between Cyanogen Mod and MIUI is that they're AOSP roms and that's it. Everything else is completely different.
In fact, CyanogenMod is almost like every OTHER ROM out there EXCEPT for MIUI.
MIUI is completely fresh. Completely built from the ground up. The menu's are unique, the customization is unrivaled, the ease and efficiency is unmatched, the smoothness of the ROM is one of the best.

It's pretty well known MIUI is built from CM source: http://en.miui.com/a-28.html
They also have an issue with crediting code they have borrowed. So much so that TeamHacksung has closed off their repo's for ICS development for the time being.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simca View Post

The ROM is so far ahead of anything else I've tried. CyanogenMod was so underwhelming in comparison. I felt CyanogenMod was basically stock android with neato colored symbols. That's it. On top of that Cyanogen was so unstable compared to MIUI.

CM may feel stock android because that's exactly what they aim for. From: http://www.cyanogenmod.com/about "CyanogenMod offers the most barebone Android experience coupled with some very powerful tweaks."

The beauty of Android is that the end user can choose to make it look however they want it to. I am not advocating one over the other, in fact I have used both extensively. Just want to clear up any misinformation between CM and MIUI.
Black Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 4.0 ghz @ 1.294v eVGA P55 E653 XFX HD6870 1GB  Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Vertex 30GBx2 RAID 0 + WD 640GB AAKS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 3 x Dell P2210 Apple MB869LL/A 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX750W Lian Li PC-A05N Logitech VX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Box
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 750 4.0 ghz @ 1.294v eVGA P55 E653 XFX HD6870 1GB  Samsung MV-3V4G3D/US 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Vertex 30GBx2 RAID 0 + WD 640GB AAKS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 3 x Dell P2210 Apple MB869LL/A 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair TX750W Lian Li PC-A05N Logitech VX Revolution 
  hide details  
Reply
post #90 of 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee. View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simca View Post

It's nothing like Cyanogen mod at all. The only similarity between Cyanogen Mod and MIUI is that they're AOSP roms and that's it. Everything else is completely different.
In fact, CyanogenMod is almost like every OTHER ROM out there EXCEPT for MIUI.
MIUI is completely fresh. Completely built from the ground up. The menu's are unique, the customization is unrivaled, the ease and efficiency is unmatched, the smoothness of the ROM is one of the best.

It's pretty well known MIUI is built from CM source: http://en.miui.com/a-28.html
They also have an issue with crediting code they have borrowed. So much so that TeamHacksung has closed off their repo's for ICS development for the time being.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simca View Post

The ROM is so far ahead of anything else I've tried. CyanogenMod was so underwhelming in comparison. I felt CyanogenMod was basically stock android with neato colored symbols. That's it. On top of that Cyanogen was so unstable compared to MIUI.

CM may feel stock android because that's exactly what they aim for. From: http://www.cyanogenmod.com/about "CyanogenMod offers the most barebone Android experience coupled with some very powerful tweaks."

The beauty of Android is that the end user can choose to make it look however they want it to. I am not advocating one over the other, in fact I have used both extensively. Just want to clear up any misinformation between CM and MIUI.

Hardly misinformation. More an opinion. Be it worked on form CM or not, what it has become is completely different from CM.

I'm sorry, but I can't say that CM is awesome/good/special because it's completely barebones. That doesn't really interest me. I want it to look interesting, but fast and intuitive. Have everything easily accessible to me. CM doesn't do that for me.

If I want CM to look interesting, I have to download a bunch of 3rd party apps I could have installed on Stock ROM and am still limited to what I can do with it.

Lock screen mods, themes (the top, symbols, menus, dialers etc) are all customized and matching in MIUI.

I'm sorry if you disagree, but many people believe that MIUI is also infinitely more stable than CyanogenMod. I'm not even talking about Nightlies. Just the regular CyanogenMod.

I honestly can't think of anything CM does better than MIUI.

Maybe it's a fraction of a millisecond faster/smoother because it's barebones? Idk.
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
2nd Gig
(24 items)
 
Sayonara
(20 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition Asus M4A79T Deluxe NVIDIA GTX 670 FTW OCZ Platinum 4GB 1600 DDR3 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex 2 90GB & Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Scythe MUGEN-2 Microsoft Windows 8 Professional Dell UltraSharp u2410 & Samsung 2333SW 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech G15 OCZ GameXStream 700w HAF 932 Advanced Logitech G300 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Denon AVR-1912 Harman Kardon Infinity Primus P153  HIFIMAN HE-400 Vsonic GR07 
AudioAudioAudioAudio
Shure SE-535 Limited Edition Beyerdynamic DT880 ODAC/Objective 2 Amplfiier Audio Technica AD700 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Phones
Overclock.net › Forums › Mobile Computing Forum › Phones › The Official Ultimate Android App List [Updated Weekly!]