Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Need help overclocking. Cant get stable 2500k
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Need help overclocking. Cant get stable 2500k - Page 4

post #31 of 45
Thread Starter 
would anyone care to help me please? Also i dont have sp1 installed.
post #32 of 45
Lowering the PLL voltage let me shave off a tiny bit of voltage on my chip. Went from the stock 1.8v to 1.55v and it let me go from a 0.055 offset to 0.045. You may also try raising the BCLK by a tiny bit, might give you an extra 100 or so MHz.
COST EFFECTIVE
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz 1.24v Asus P8P67 Vanilla ASUS GTX660Ti DirectCU OC @ 1,250MHz/7,000MHz G.Skill Eco 1600Mhz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Blue 1TB (WD10EZEX) Intel 520 120GB LG SuperMulti CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ E2420HD Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless w/ MX blues Seasonic SS-650HT 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 500R Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK Asus Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Fiio E17 Alpen Beyerdynamic DT770 + Zalman clip-on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
COST EFFECTIVE
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.4GHz 1.24v Asus P8P67 Vanilla ASUS GTX660Ti DirectCU OC @ 1,250MHz/7,000MHz G.Skill Eco 1600Mhz 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
WD Caviar Blue 1TB (WD10EZEX) Intel 520 120GB LG SuperMulti CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Home Premium x64 BenQ E2420HD Filco Majestouch 2 Tenkeyless w/ MX blues Seasonic SS-650HT 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair 500R Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK Asus Xonar DG 
AudioOther
Fiio E17 Alpen Beyerdynamic DT770 + Zalman clip-on mic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #33 of 45
You might just need a bit o voltage, what you had it stable at for 4.8GHz was nothing amazing but it was perfectly safe to run 24/7.

Don't let everyone telling you, you have to hit their vcore area. Some of these 2500K's and even 2600K's etc just like some voltage to munch on.


Been running mine for about 10 months now(got it at release) with 1.496vcore under load for 4.8GHz 24/7 use. I hit 5GHz but takes above 1.53vcore so only did that for a short few benches. So like my 2500K, I call him my little voltage whore.

Anyway, you have good temps, so your chip will more then likely be fine with those voltages. Just remember every chip is different, there is not a single silicon chip that will run exactly like another one.

And your mb is fine, one thing for sure about SB is Intel almost took the whole mb part out of the oc'ing equation. High end mb's just offer more flexibility as far as added options etc. So your UD5 is fine, and I would not blame it exactly as your barrier, bios maybe(not a fan of Giga's bios).

Use those guides just as generalization, don't ever try to match them or someone else, cause you may but you might also be way off. Biggest thing is just watch the volts and temps, keep them in the fairly safe zone and you'll be good.
D
(15 items)
 
The Sheep Skinner
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700 Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming5 Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X 3840 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
960 EVO 500GB EK SE 240mm, Magicool slim 240mm EK Supreme HF CU Gold EKFC-Fury X WB 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 10 Pro Acer XG270HU EVGA 750W  Evolv ITX 
MouseMouse Pad
Naos7000 Corsair MM600 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E8400 DFI LT P35 Radeon HD4890 OCZ 2GB 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB Asus multi DVD W7 U Samsung 2232BW+ 
PowerCase
Corsair HX520W CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
D
(15 items)
 
The Sheep Skinner
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 6700 Gigabyte Z170N-Gaming5 Sapphire Radeon R9 Fury Tri-X 3840 G.Skill TridentZ  
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
960 EVO 500GB EK SE 240mm, Magicool slim 240mm EK Supreme HF CU Gold EKFC-Fury X WB 
OSMonitorPowerCase
Win 10 Pro Acer XG270HU EVGA 750W  Evolv ITX 
MouseMouse Pad
Naos7000 Corsair MM600 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E8400 DFI LT P35 Radeon HD4890 OCZ 2GB 800MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB Asus multi DVD W7 U Samsung 2232BW+ 
PowerCase
Corsair HX520W CM 690 
  hide details  
Reply
post #34 of 45
Solar, I hope you don't mind, but I want to show my IBT results...



I feel like those temps are REALLY bad, and I'm at 4.5 on my sig rig.

I've been tweaking for a month now, and I HAD a stable rig, but I funked with something earlier today, and I lost it.

Do you guys use the Intel Turbo Boost or no?

Thanks,
JOSH
post #35 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrasher1016 View Post
Solar, I hope you don't mind, but I want to show my IBT results...



I feel like those temps are REALLY bad, and I'm at 4.5 on my sig rig.

I've been tweaking for a month now, and I HAD a stable rig, but I funked with something earlier today, and I lost it.

Do you guys use the Intel Turbo Boost or no?

Thanks,
JOSH
And re run that on maximum, Why does your times go all over the place that's bad i think.
Temps are fantastic!! Dont know why you think they arent?
highest temp no matter what volts ive used is 64c!
Edited by solar0987 - 10/29/11 at 11:47am
post #36 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rx7racer View Post
You might just need a bit o voltage, what you had it stable at for 4.8GHz was nothing amazing but it was perfectly safe to run 24/7.

Don't let everyone telling you, you have to hit their vcore area. Some of these 2500K's and even 2600K's etc just like some voltage to munch on.


Been running mine for about 10 months now(got it at release) with 1.496vcore under load for 4.8GHz 24/7 use. I hit 5GHz but takes above 1.53vcore so only did that for a short few benches. So like my 2500K, I call him my little voltage whore.

Anyway, you have good temps, so your chip will more then likely be fine with those voltages. Just remember every chip is different, there is not a single silicon chip that will run exactly like another one.

And your mb is fine, one thing for sure about SB is Intel almost took the whole mb part out of the oc'ing equation. High end mb's just offer more flexibility as far as added options etc. So your UD5 is fine, and I would not blame it exactly as your barrier, bios maybe(not a fan of Giga's bios).

Use those guides just as generalization, don't ever try to match them or someone else, cause you may but you might also be way off. Biggest thing is just watch the volts and temps, keep them in the fairly safe zone and you'll be good.
It wasn't stable as soon as i ran p95 it crashed but will make it 20 runs ibt on maximun i still haven't got it stable no matter what i do.I ram memtest overnight to no errors, but i think my system doesn't like it cause its xmp 2000 memory.
post #37 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by solar0987 View Post
It wasn't stable as soon as i ran p95 it crashed but will make it 20 runs ibt on maximun i still haven't got it stable no matter what i do.I ram memtest overnight to no errors, but i think my system doesn't like it cause its xmp 2000 memory.

It might be, but there's an easy way to find out.
-set memory speed to 1333
-set timings to auto
-set voltage manually, to RAM's rated

Test system. If still not stable, it's not the memory.
The Latest
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K P8Z68-V Pro Gen3 EVGA GTX580 SSC 8G Patriot PC3-15000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2@WD Caviar Black 1TB Corsair H80 7/64 VG236 120Hz 
PowerCase
AX850 T600 
  hide details  
Reply
The Latest
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K P8Z68-V Pro Gen3 EVGA GTX580 SSC 8G Patriot PC3-15000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2@WD Caviar Black 1TB Corsair H80 7/64 VG236 120Hz 
PowerCase
AX850 T600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #38 of 45
Thread Starter 
So i turned down 2000 9-10-9-27-1t 1.65v ram<-- Was running it at 1866 8-9-8-27-1t 1.65v to crap 1600 9-9-9-24-1t 1.5v.

Re ran p95 all night long and no errors at 1.440 vcore idle 1.452 load. For 4.5

So its the ram?


Edited by solar0987 - 10/29/11 at 12:26pm
post #39 of 45
Yup.

Though, wow, 1.52 is a TON for 4.5 @ load. 1.35 would be aprox normal, plus or minus a few .01. Or did you mean 1.452...which is more reasonable but still higher than most. My 2500K'll do 4.5 at 1.360 auto, I never tested lower as I was going for a higher clock.
Edited by keto - 10/29/11 at 12:05pm
The Latest
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K P8Z68-V Pro Gen3 EVGA GTX580 SSC 8G Patriot PC3-15000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2@WD Caviar Black 1TB Corsair H80 7/64 VG236 120Hz 
PowerCase
AX850 T600 
  hide details  
Reply
The Latest
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K P8Z68-V Pro Gen3 EVGA GTX580 SSC 8G Patriot PC3-15000 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
2@WD Caviar Black 1TB Corsair H80 7/64 VG236 120Hz 
PowerCase
AX850 T600 
  hide details  
Reply
post #40 of 45
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by keto View Post
Yup.

Though, wow, 1.52 is a TON for 4.5 @ load. 1.35 would be aprox normal, plus or minus a few .01. Or did you mean 1.452...which is more reasonable but still higher than most. My 2500K'll do 4.5 at 1.360 auto, I never tested lower as I was going for a higher clock.
Ya 1.452
testing now at 4.8 at 1.464-1.476 under load.It bounces back and forth between the 2
Tried with the 4.5 stable config to just up the multi to 48 same volts and no go.
Edited by solar0987 - 10/29/11 at 12:31pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Intel CPUs
Overclock.net › Forums › Intel › Intel CPUs › Need help overclocking. Cant get stable 2500k