Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › SLi eVGA GTX 470SC to eVGA GTX 590 - worth the upgrade?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SLi eVGA GTX 470SC to eVGA GTX 590 - worth the upgrade? - Page 2

post #11 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49;15472906 
Just throwing this out there, people have been running eyefinity and surround setups for a long time, with the proper settings you can do just fine even on 1GB of Vram. You're confusing "surround with maxed out settings" for "surround that looks good".

I should have clarified that. My post is based on max settings (either in the control panel or game settings). If I'm going to spend money on three monitors, I'm going to want whatever game I'm playing to be maxed out. Therefore, although you're correct that I should have been more detailed about my post; it's just an assumption I make (right or wrong) when discussing 2D/3D surround.
Edited by Zmanster - 10/27/11 at 7:17am
Not Bad
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 930 OC 4.0 GHZ @ 1.32V - XSPC Waterblock Gigabyte X58 - UD3R, Rev 2.0 Gigabyte GTX 470-Koolance Water Block Asus GTX 470-Koolance Water Block 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
16GB Mushkin 1600 Kingston 128 GB SSD/WD 1TB SATA III Asus 24X Windows 7 Premium - 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23" ASUS 120Hz (Nvidia 3D); 26" Samsung SyncMaster Razer X7 900W 80 Plus Silver Certified AZZA Full Tower 
MouseAudio
Razer Death Adder Logitech 2.1 Setup 
  hide details  
Reply
Not Bad
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
i7 930 OC 4.0 GHZ @ 1.32V - XSPC Waterblock Gigabyte X58 - UD3R, Rev 2.0 Gigabyte GTX 470-Koolance Water Block Asus GTX 470-Koolance Water Block 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
16GB Mushkin 1600 Kingston 128 GB SSD/WD 1TB SATA III Asus 24X Windows 7 Premium - 64 bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
23" ASUS 120Hz (Nvidia 3D); 26" Samsung SyncMaster Razer X7 900W 80 Plus Silver Certified AZZA Full Tower 
MouseAudio
Razer Death Adder Logitech 2.1 Setup 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmanster View Post
I should have clarified that. My post is based on max settings (either in the control panel or game settings).
Ah yeah, but with that much screen real-estate its not absolutely necessary to max out things like AF and AA. The GPU power needed to match up with the screens available and max out the resource hog games we have is ridiculous.
post #13 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49 View Post
You will surpass that pretty easily without having fans blasting at 100%. You would need a hefty OC on the 470's to match a stock 590. My 570's at 900mhz ran about the same as the 590 at 630mhz.
Eh? You sure about that? Most benches I've seen show stock 570s edging the 590. At 900 they should be way faster than a 590 OC'd by 20Mhz
post #14 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booty Warrior View Post
Eh? You sure about that? Most benches I've seen show stock 570s edging the 590. At 900 they should be way faster than a 590 OC'd by 20Mhz
You are aware that the 590 is very overclock-able with a flash...right?

Most of us have our 590's flashed so it indeed is not edging on the majority of 590 owners...

Just putting that out there...
post #15 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Booty Warrior View Post
Eh? You sure about that? Most benches I've seen show stock 570s edging the 590. At 900 they should be way faster than a 590 OC'd by 20Mhz
Just going by my own personal experiences. I learned when I bought 6970's not to trust benches I see online. I ran tri-sli 570's for a while and they ran about exactly the same as two 950mhz 580's as far as games and benchmarks.
post #16 of 39
Everything I've seen on 590s show'ed it being slower than a decently clocked 570 sli.

Can either of you run Heaven with the official benchmark thread settings, or 3DMark11?

Not saying you're wrong, just saying I've never seen what you're stating.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i5 2500K P8P67 PRO NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 470 
GraphicsRAMRAMRAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT G-Skill A-Data G-Skill 
RAMHard DriveOptical DriveOS
A-Data Crucial M4 64GB + 1TB F3 Spinpoint $155 LS/DL DVD RW $?? Windows 8 64-bit "Epic Registry" Edition 
MonitorPowerCase
ASUS 21.5 1920x1080 2ms $135 CORSAIR HX850 $120 Mother Earth $free 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallaTheFeared View Post
Everything I've seen on 590s show'ed it being slower than a decently clocked 570 sli.

Can either of you run Heaven with the official benchmark thread settings, or 3DMark11?

Not saying you're wrong, just saying I've never seen what you're stating.
Let me dig through my photobucket. I have some scores for 570 SLI in there. (At work right now so I don't have access to my folders.)

EDIT heres what I have for 570's, my 590 scored ~2100 IIRC:

Tri 570's


Dual 570's

Edited by Scorpion49 - 10/27/11 at 8:31am
post #18 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by BallaTheFeared View Post
Everything I've seen on 590s show'ed it being slower than a decently clocked 570 sli.

Can either of you run Heaven with the official benchmark thread settings, or 3DMark11?

Not saying you're wrong, just saying I've never seen what you're stating.
...It's just like people saying the 590 has bad VRMS...That's 100% misinformation created by stupid people that couldn't bother to read a press release.

[H] has an overclocked review...RaginCain's stats for 2 are somewhere around here...

The 590 stock, out-performs 570's stock in SLI...The 590 stock, is @ equal to a well oc'd set of 570's...The 590 OC'd it @ equal to 580's sli'd stock...

That's the way it's always been.

My motherboard decided to poop on the 590 last week so, I have a new card coming but, the above is the way it's always been and how it will //always// be.

P.S. 590's don't perform well in heaven nor does any dual GPU card -- So heaven shouldn't be used as the basis of comparison in a performance perspective.
post #19 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masked View Post
...It's just like people saying the 590 has bad VRMS...That's 100% misinformation created by stupid people that couldn't bother to read a press release.

[H] has an overclocked review...RaginCain's stats for 2 are somewhere around here...

The 590 stock, out-performs 570's stock in SLI...The 590 stock, is @ equal to a well oc'd set of 570's...The 590 OC'd it @ equal to 580's sli'd stock...

That's the way it's always been.

My motherboard decided to poop on the 590 last week so, I have a new card coming but, the above is the way it's always been and how it will //always// be.

P.S. 590's don't perform well in heaven nor does any dual GPU card -- So heaven shouldn't be used as the basis of comparison in a performance perspective.

Things like that never go away once they become internet "fact" though. And I agree about dual GPU cards in heaven, although the 590 is by far the smoothest I've card tried in that benchmark.
post #20 of 39
SLi 470's to a 590 is a waste in money, I would just go water or wait for the next generation gpu's unless your making money off the gpu's otherwise I would wait
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670 @ 2.8Ghz m4600 m5100 @ 1100c/1500m 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
c300 128GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB 5400rpm 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB 5400rpm Windows 10 x64  1920x1080 @90hz 150w 
Mouse
Corsair M40 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2670 @ 2.8Ghz m4600 m5100 @ 1100c/1500m 16GB DDR3 1333Mhz 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
c300 128GB SSD 2TB FireCuda 7mm 2TB Firecuda 7mm 1TB 5400rpm 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
750GB 5400rpm Windows 10 x64  1920x1080 @90hz 150w 
Mouse
Corsair M40 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › SLi eVGA GTX 470SC to eVGA GTX 590 - worth the upgrade?