Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Has the stutter issue been fixed other than disable HT?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Has the stutter issue been fixed other than disable HT?

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
I don't trust disabling HT even if i'm getting smooth stutterless gameplay. I had but experience with it off since things in the background would cause slowdown sometimes while with it ON this doesn't happen. Have there been another fix other than disabling HT.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz  [Asus] p8p67 Deluxe [Bios] 2001 [EVGA] GTX 580 SLI 950/1900/2200 1.175v [Corsair] Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb) @ 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
[Crucial] M4 256gb Raid 0 (128gb x2) [Samsung] Blu-ray  Watercool  [Win7] ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
[Yamakasi] 27" 2560x1440 S-ips [Logitech] iluminated wire [ENERMAX] MaxRevo 1350W [Corsair] 800D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
[CM] Storm [Steelseries] Qck+ Creative titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz  [Asus] p8p67 Deluxe [Bios] 2001 [EVGA] GTX 580 SLI 950/1900/2200 1.175v [Corsair] Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb) @ 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
[Crucial] M4 256gb Raid 0 (128gb x2) [Samsung] Blu-ray  Watercool  [Win7] ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
[Yamakasi] 27" 2560x1440 S-ips [Logitech] iluminated wire [ENERMAX] MaxRevo 1350W [Corsair] 800D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
[CM] Storm [Steelseries] Qck+ Creative titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardmc View Post
I don't trust disabling HT even if i'm getting smooth stutterless gameplay. I had but experience with it off since things in the background would cause slowdown sometimes while with it ON this doesn't happen. Have there been another fix other than disabling HT.


What? Why?

1. Nothing bad will come from disabling HT.
2. Most games benefit from having HT OFF.

This thread makes negative sense.

Clevo P650RP6-G
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ nVidia GTX1060 6GB Kingston HyperX Impact 2133MHZ 16GB INTEL 600p 128GB 
Hard DriveOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Windows 10 Pro 64 
  hide details  
Reply
Clevo P650RP6-G
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ nVidia GTX1060 6GB Kingston HyperX Impact 2133MHZ 16GB INTEL 600p 128GB 
Hard DriveOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Windows 10 Pro 64 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyph3r View Post


What? Why?

1. Nothing bad will come from disabling HT.
2. Most games benefit from having HT OFF.

This thread makes negative sense.

BC2 benefit from having HT ON so it makes perfect sense. It has been proven that most newest games benefit from HT, not has much a higher clock but it does improve.

I had a big problem with bc2 while playing MP with HT OFF, while playing online i use to get from 120fps down to 2fps for a few seconds and then back up. When i started monitoring why the fps were decreasing i notice it was kapersky accessing internet data for the upload and download i was doing. After enabling HT ON again problem was gone cause HT took the load away from the game and use the HT core for that purpose.

True, that i could have uninstall kapersky or disable things running in the background. Why would i go into such trouble if HT ON solve this problem for me.
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz  [Asus] p8p67 Deluxe [Bios] 2001 [EVGA] GTX 580 SLI 950/1900/2200 1.175v [Corsair] Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb) @ 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
[Crucial] M4 256gb Raid 0 (128gb x2) [Samsung] Blu-ray  Watercool  [Win7] ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
[Yamakasi] 27" 2560x1440 S-ips [Logitech] iluminated wire [ENERMAX] MaxRevo 1350W [Corsair] 800D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
[CM] Storm [Steelseries] Qck+ Creative titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[Intel] i7 2600k @ 4.8Ghz  [Asus] p8p67 Deluxe [Bios] 2001 [EVGA] GTX 580 SLI 950/1900/2200 1.175v [Corsair] Vengeance 8gb (2x4gb) @ 1866mhz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
[Crucial] M4 256gb Raid 0 (128gb x2) [Samsung] Blu-ray  Watercool  [Win7] ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
[Yamakasi] 27" 2560x1440 S-ips [Logitech] iluminated wire [ENERMAX] MaxRevo 1350W [Corsair] 800D 
MouseMouse PadAudio
[CM] Storm [Steelseries] Qck+ Creative titanium HD 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduardmc View Post
BC2 benefit from having HT ON so it makes perfect sense. It has been proven that most newest games benefit from HT, not has much a higher clock but it does improve.

I had a big problem with bc2 while playing MP with HT OFF, while playing online i use to get from 120fps down to 2fps for a few seconds and then back up. When i started monitoring why the fps were decreasing i notice it was kapersky accessing internet data for the upload and download i was doing. After enabling HT ON again problem was gone cause HT took the load away from the game and use the HT core for that purpose.

True, that i could have uninstall kapersky or disable things running in the background. Why would i go into such trouble if HT ON solve this problem for me.
Clevo P650RP6-G
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ nVidia GTX1060 6GB Kingston HyperX Impact 2133MHZ 16GB INTEL 600p 128GB 
Hard DriveOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Windows 10 Pro 64 
  hide details  
Reply
Clevo P650RP6-G
(6 items)
 
  
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ nVidia GTX1060 6GB Kingston HyperX Impact 2133MHZ 16GB INTEL 600p 128GB 
Hard DriveOS
Samsung 850 EVO 1TB Windows 10 Pro 64 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 5
I'm not having any issues like this. I've looked up the programs that use H/T and the benefits that come from having H/T enabled and I don't see much point in having it, especially when it just increases the temps like crazy....
I use Nortons anti virus and I recommend no one uses this, its sooo SH@T!!!


Edited by Neo_Morpheus - 10/27/11 at 3:37pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Has the stutter issue been fixed other than disable HT?