New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Show Your Linux - Page 28  

Poll Results: Which Linux Desktop do you use?

This is a multiple choice poll
  • 12% of voters (103)
    Gnome 2 / Mate
  • 10% of voters (85)
    Gnome-Shell
  • 13% of voters (117)
    Unity
  • 18% of voters (158)
    Cinnamon
  • 17% of voters (148)
    KDE
  • 15% of voters (134)
    XFCE
  • 4% of voters (39)
    LXDE
  • 1% of voters (15)
    Enlightenment / E17
  • 6% of voters (55)
    OpenBox / FluxBox
  • 3% of voters (30)
    Awesome / DWM
  • 9% of voters (81)
    Other
845 Total Votes  
post #271 of 7733
My K8-4000+
Phobos
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Athlon 64 X2 4400 Toledo  Foxconn NF4SK8AA SLi MSI NX8600GT-T2D256E OC MSI NX8600GT-T2D256E OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x1 GB Mushkin CL2 WD 250 GB SATA 300 WD 500 GB SATA 300 Seagate 500 GB SATA 300 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
LiteOn iHAS124W HL04 Dual Layer SATA DVD/CD RW Rosewill RCX Z-1 Xubuntu 12.04-1 Precise 32 Bit Windows 7 Home premium 32 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG L1932TQ 4ms Flatron 19" LCD Saitek Eclipse Thermaltake TR2 600 Rosewill R604TBLK-N Black 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Rosewill 5 button Walmart Creative Labs X-Fi Xreme Gamer 
  hide details  
Phobos
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Athlon 64 X2 4400 Toledo  Foxconn NF4SK8AA SLi MSI NX8600GT-T2D256E OC MSI NX8600GT-T2D256E OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x1 GB Mushkin CL2 WD 250 GB SATA 300 WD 500 GB SATA 300 Seagate 500 GB SATA 300 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
LiteOn iHAS124W HL04 Dual Layer SATA DVD/CD RW Rosewill RCX Z-1 Xubuntu 12.04-1 Precise 32 Bit Windows 7 Home premium 32 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG L1932TQ 4ms Flatron 19" LCD Saitek Eclipse Thermaltake TR2 600 Rosewill R604TBLK-N Black 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Rosewill 5 button Walmart Creative Labs X-Fi Xreme Gamer 
  hide details  
post #272 of 7733
A P2-450 with 384 meg and an FX5500....
Phobos
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Athlon 64 X2 4400 Toledo  Foxconn NF4SK8AA SLi MSI NX8600GT-T2D256E OC MSI NX8600GT-T2D256E OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x1 GB Mushkin CL2 WD 250 GB SATA 300 WD 500 GB SATA 300 Seagate 500 GB SATA 300 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
LiteOn iHAS124W HL04 Dual Layer SATA DVD/CD RW Rosewill RCX Z-1 Xubuntu 12.04-1 Precise 32 Bit Windows 7 Home premium 32 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG L1932TQ 4ms Flatron 19" LCD Saitek Eclipse Thermaltake TR2 600 Rosewill R604TBLK-N Black 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Rosewill 5 button Walmart Creative Labs X-Fi Xreme Gamer 
  hide details  
Phobos
(19 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Athlon 64 X2 4400 Toledo  Foxconn NF4SK8AA SLi MSI NX8600GT-T2D256E OC MSI NX8600GT-T2D256E OC 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
2x1 GB Mushkin CL2 WD 250 GB SATA 300 WD 500 GB SATA 300 Seagate 500 GB SATA 300 
Optical DriveCoolingOSOS
LiteOn iHAS124W HL04 Dual Layer SATA DVD/CD RW Rosewill RCX Z-1 Xubuntu 12.04-1 Precise 32 Bit Windows 7 Home premium 32 Bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
LG L1932TQ 4ms Flatron 19" LCD Saitek Eclipse Thermaltake TR2 600 Rosewill R604TBLK-N Black 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Rosewill 5 button Walmart Creative Labs X-Fi Xreme Gamer 
  hide details  
post #273 of 7733
Fedora 7, the docker is Avant, the background and top panel are mine. Also running Beryl with Neutronium Emerald theme and Conky in the bottom left, although Conky doesn't work very well.

My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E4400 P35 DS3R 8800GTS 2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x SATA 80GB, 160GB Hitachi - 1x 120GB Samsung IDE DVDRW Fedora 7 and Windows XP ViewSonic VX922 2ms 19in 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
basic 520W Corsair Thermaltake VB1000WWS Logitech G5 
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E4400 P35 DS3R 8800GTS 2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x SATA 80GB, 160GB Hitachi - 1x 120GB Samsung IDE DVDRW Fedora 7 and Windows XP ViewSonic VX922 2ms 19in 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
basic 520W Corsair Thermaltake VB1000WWS Logitech G5 
  hide details  
post #274 of 7733
Nothing much so far. Still can't make up my mind on a distro.

Sabayan 3.3
Attachment 50709
$265 MacBook Pro
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2.8GHz Core 2 Duo POS GeForce 9400M/9600GT M 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB Western Digital Slot-loading thing OS X Snow Leopard 1440x900 glossy thing 
KeyboardPowerCase
Broken-backlit chiclet-type Awkwardly-shaped wall wart Aluminum block 
  hide details  
$265 MacBook Pro
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2.8GHz Core 2 Duo POS GeForce 9400M/9600GT M 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB Western Digital Slot-loading thing OS X Snow Leopard 1440x900 glossy thing 
KeyboardPowerCase
Broken-backlit chiclet-type Awkwardly-shaped wall wart Aluminum block 
  hide details  
post #275 of 7733
Quote:
Originally Posted by rippon View Post
Fedora 7, the docker is Avant, the background and top panel are mine. Also running Beryl with Neutronium Emerald theme and Conky in the bottom left, although Conky doesn't work very well.
Here's my conky, can go to the conky site too, there's a lot you can do with it.
just name it ~/.conkyrc

Code:
background yes
use_xft yes
xftfont Fertigo:size=9
xftalpha 0.8
out_to_console no
update_interval 2
total_run_times 0
own_window yes
own_window_type override
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
double_buffer yes
draw_shades yes
draw_outline yes
draw_borders no
draw_graph_borders yes
stippled_borders 5
border_margin 4
border_width 1
default_color white 
default_shade_color black
default_outline_color black
alignment bottom_left
gap_x 10
gap_y 47
no_buffers no
uppercase no
override_utf8_locale yes
use_spacer no
minimum_size 200

TEXT
${time %A %D}
${time %l:%M %P}
${color white}${pre_exec whoami} @ $nodename
${color white}${pre_exec cat /etc/slackware-version}
${color white}$sysname $kernel on $machine
${color white}Uptime: ${color white}$uptime
$color$stippled_hr
${color }CPU: ${color }${cpu cpu1}% ${color dark blue} ${cpubar cpu1}
${color }MEM: ${color }$memperc%  $mem/$memmax ${color dark blue} $membar
${color }Swap: ${color }$swapperc% $swap/$swapmax ${color dark blue} ${swapbar}
${color }Processes: ${color}$processes 
$color$stippled_hr
${color dark blue}Highest CPU:
${color sky blue} ${top name 1} ${top cpu 1}
${color} ${top name 2} ${top cpu 2}
${color} ${top name 3} ${top cpu 3}
${color} ${top name 4} ${top cpu 4}
${color} ${top name 5} ${top cpu 5}
${color dark blue}Highest MEM:
${color sky blue} ${top_mem name 1} ${top_mem mem 1}
${color} ${top_mem name 2} ${color white}${top_mem mem 2}
${color} ${top_mem name 3} ${color white}${top_mem mem 3}
${color} ${top_mem name 4}${top_mem mem 4}
${color} ${top_mem name 5}${top_mem mem 5}
$color$stippled_hr
${color }File Systems:
 /                 $color${fs_used /} / ${fs_size /}        ${fs_used_perc /}%
 ${color dark blue} ${fs_bar /}
${color white} /share       $color${fs_used /share} / ${fs_size /share}        ${fs_used_perc /share}%
 ${color dark blue} ${fs_bar /share}
$color$stippled_hr
${color dark blue}Ethernet:
${color}                     Down         Up
${color}Current:     ${downspeed eth0} Kb/s       ${upspeed eth0} Kb/s
${color}Total:          ${totaldown eth0}        ${totalup eth0}
BlackMesa
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 Gigabyte XFX RF460 16gb G.Skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex2 Sata II Coorsair Force GS Sata III Debian (testing) Shimian 27" 
KeyboardMouse
Filco w/ blue cherries Who needs a mouse? 
  hide details  
BlackMesa
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 Gigabyte XFX RF460 16gb G.Skill 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
OCZ Vertex2 Sata II Coorsair Force GS Sata III Debian (testing) Shimian 27" 
KeyboardMouse
Filco w/ blue cherries Who needs a mouse? 
  hide details  
post #276 of 7733
I take my vote back; i like gnome better than KDE now. Gnome is just much more elegant and organized.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rippon View Post
Fedora 7, the docker is Avant, the background and top panel are mine. Also running Beryl with Neutronium Emerald theme and Conky in the bottom left, although Conky doesn't work very well.
Hm, how did you get the OS e X y (OS X-like) look, like the dock?
post #277 of 7733
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Hundred Gunner View Post
I take my vote back; i like gnome better than KDE now. Gnome is just much more elegant and organized.



Hm, how did you get the OS e X y (OS X-like) look, like the dock?
It is called Avant Window Navigator (AWN). http://awn.wetpaint.com/ That site has instructions on how to install it, though you might just be able to type 'yum install avant-window-navigator' or 'apt-get install avant-window-navigator' or whatever you use, if it happens to have it in there. I think I used the SVN instructions on their website. Works pretty good.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E4400 P35 DS3R 8800GTS 2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x SATA 80GB, 160GB Hitachi - 1x 120GB Samsung IDE DVDRW Fedora 7 and Windows XP ViewSonic VX922 2ms 19in 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
basic 520W Corsair Thermaltake VB1000WWS Logitech G5 
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E4400 P35 DS3R 8800GTS 2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x SATA 80GB, 160GB Hitachi - 1x 120GB Samsung IDE DVDRW Fedora 7 and Windows XP ViewSonic VX922 2ms 19in 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
basic 520W Corsair Thermaltake VB1000WWS Logitech G5 
  hide details  
post #278 of 7733
Quote:
Originally Posted by dangerousHobo View Post
Here's my conky, can go to the conky site too, there's a lot you can do with it.
just name it ~/.conkyrc

Code:
background yes
use_xft yes
xftfont Fertigo:size=9
xftalpha 0.8
out_to_console no
update_interval 2
total_run_times 0
own_window yes
own_window_type override
own_window_transparent yes
own_window_hints undecorated,below,sticky,skip_taskbar,skip_pager
double_buffer yes
draw_shades yes
draw_outline yes
draw_borders no
draw_graph_borders yes
stippled_borders 5
border_margin 4
border_width 1
default_color white 
default_shade_color black
default_outline_color black
alignment bottom_left
gap_x 10
gap_y 47
no_buffers no
uppercase no
override_utf8_locale yes
use_spacer no
minimum_size 200

TEXT
${time %A %D}
${time %l:%M %P}
${color white}${pre_exec whoami} @ $nodename
${color white}${pre_exec cat /etc/slackware-version}
${color white}$sysname $kernel on $machine
${color white}Uptime: ${color white}$uptime
$color$stippled_hr
${color }CPU: ${color }${cpu cpu1}% ${color dark blue} ${cpubar cpu1}
${color }MEM: ${color }$memperc%  $mem/$memmax ${color dark blue} $membar
${color }Swap: ${color }$swapperc% $swap/$swapmax ${color dark blue} ${swapbar}
${color }Processes: ${color}$processes 
$color$stippled_hr
${color dark blue}Highest CPU:
${color sky blue} ${top name 1} ${top cpu 1}
${color} ${top name 2} ${top cpu 2}
${color} ${top name 3} ${top cpu 3}
${color} ${top name 4} ${top cpu 4}
${color} ${top name 5} ${top cpu 5}
${color dark blue}Highest MEM:
${color sky blue} ${top_mem name 1} ${top_mem mem 1}
${color} ${top_mem name 2} ${color white}${top_mem mem 2}
${color} ${top_mem name 3} ${color white}${top_mem mem 3}
${color} ${top_mem name 4}${top_mem mem 4}
${color} ${top_mem name 5}${top_mem mem 5}
$color$stippled_hr
${color }File Systems:
 /                 $color${fs_used /} / ${fs_size /}        ${fs_used_perc /}%
 ${color dark blue} ${fs_bar /}
${color white} /share       $color${fs_used /share} / ${fs_size /share}        ${fs_used_perc /share}%
 ${color dark blue} ${fs_bar /share}
$color$stippled_hr
${color dark blue}Ethernet:
${color}                     Down         Up
${color}Current:     ${downspeed eth0} Kb/s       ${upspeed eth0} Kb/s
${color}Total:          ${totaldown eth0}        ${totalup eth0}
Thanks, it used to crash a bunch, but now it doesn't. I guess it was something in the default theme that didn't work right with Fedora 7. It is working good now, though.
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E4400 P35 DS3R 8800GTS 2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x SATA 80GB, 160GB Hitachi - 1x 120GB Samsung IDE DVDRW Fedora 7 and Windows XP ViewSonic VX922 2ms 19in 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
basic 520W Corsair Thermaltake VB1000WWS Logitech G5 
  hide details  
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E4400 P35 DS3R 8800GTS 2GB Crucial Ballistix 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x SATA 80GB, 160GB Hitachi - 1x 120GB Samsung IDE DVDRW Fedora 7 and Windows XP ViewSonic VX922 2ms 19in 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
basic 520W Corsair Thermaltake VB1000WWS Logitech G5 
  hide details  
post #279 of 7733
It always amazes me when I see a Linux box with beryl and a few apps use so little resources.

$265 MacBook Pro
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2.8GHz Core 2 Duo POS GeForce 9400M/9600GT M 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB Western Digital Slot-loading thing OS X Snow Leopard 1440x900 glossy thing 
KeyboardPowerCase
Broken-backlit chiclet-type Awkwardly-shaped wall wart Aluminum block 
  hide details  
$265 MacBook Pro
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2.8GHz Core 2 Duo POS GeForce 9400M/9600GT M 4GB 1066MHz DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB Western Digital Slot-loading thing OS X Snow Leopard 1440x900 glossy thing 
KeyboardPowerCase
Broken-backlit chiclet-type Awkwardly-shaped wall wart Aluminum block 
  hide details  
post #280 of 7733
New theme for me, also im trying Hobo's conky config.

    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-930 ASUS P6X58D Premium XFX HD-585X-ZAFC Radeon HD 5850 1GB Tri-Fire CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB TR3X6G1600C8D x 2 =12GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB x 2 LG Windows 7 Home Premium x64 3 x LG E2350V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 920-000914 SILVERSTONE ST1200 1200W SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02-BW Razer Lachesis 
Mouse Pad
Huge Black Cloth 
  hide details  
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7-930 ASUS P6X58D Premium XFX HD-585X-ZAFC Radeon HD 5850 1GB Tri-Fire CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB TR3X6G1600C8D x 2 =12GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB x 2 LG Windows 7 Home Premium x64 3 x LG E2350V 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech 920-000914 SILVERSTONE ST1200 1200W SILVERSTONE RAVEN RV02-BW Razer Lachesis 
Mouse Pad
Huge Black Cloth 
  hide details  
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Linux, Unix
This thread is locked