Long weekend, didnt get much done, or not nearly as much as i hoped to. stupid real life barging in on my build! So heres where im at...
The primochill clamps that i purchased were advertised to be used with EVERY 3/8" ID barb and every 1/2" OD tubing, but it wouldnt fit the Bitspower barb. Tried it on two supplied Koolance barbs and they fit just fine, so I had a little rage there. After arguing with Performance PC for a while, i realized its not going anywhere and now i just wont be buying from them again (since that was my 2nd spell of horrid customer service, back to Frozen CPU!).
So i went out to the locally Wally World and purchased automotive hose clamps, and started getting down to work!
The hose clamps have a worm screw, so I was curious how much paint it was going to pull up. Im actually really surprised at how little it did:
And heres where im at right now for the most part:
At the moment im have four 90 degree fittings, more sleeving and heatshrink (i ran out, which was a shocker), new power connectors to get rid of the orange ones that came on the psu, and a little more tubing. I will be fixing the routing on that upper radiator to run a lot cleaner, so thats just temporary. So while I wait for the next shipment of parts, my next objective is to work on getting the pump mounted in the pedestal and possibly do some early wire routing.
and before anybody asks, the reason i have the bottom radiators setup that way is so that i can push the pump and mount it right against the bay drive slots, and that would not be possible if the radiators were both mounted to have the barbs on that side. I cannot push it to the back because i will have fans mounted there, and i do not wish to mount it to the middle of the pedestal because that is a removable panel and i need to be able to remove that to access everything in the pedestal.