Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Recommend a M-ITX LGA 1155 board
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recommend a M-ITX LGA 1155 board - Page 2

post #11 of 16
SG05 all the way. Beautiful and sinple. Cones with. Great PSU already. I am about to start a rebirth thread for my SfF build with the mods I'm doing to mine.

They really are great cases.
post #12 of 16
I am also now looking at the Cubitek Mini tank... that thing looks AWESOME!
post #13 of 16
Yes, but the Mini tank is huge...literally three times the size of the SG05

BTW, I have the Z68 ASRock board and it does have some voltage adjustment available....and it has WI-FI onboard. I've had very poor experience with Zotac so I avoid them at all costs these days... Feature set looks great on them, but BIOS'es are notoriously crappy. That's not to say that I'm in love with the ASRock though, its still pretty entry level
Water & Wood
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3820 Asus Rampage IV Formula tri-SLI GTX 580 G.Skill DDR3-1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex 3 Segate Momentus XT LG Blu-Ray combo drive Custom water loop for CPU & GPUs 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Acer H5360 (100" 1280x720 3D projector) Asus VG278HE Asus VG278HE 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG278HE XARMOR U9BL Corsair AX1200 home built 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Logitch G400 Custom 7.1 home theater system 7 channel SimVibe setup with 10 tactile transdu... Fanatec ClubSport Wheel with F1 & BMW GT rims 
OtherOther
Fanatec ClubSport Pedals Thrustmaster TH 8RS manual shifter. 
  hide details  
Reply
Water & Wood
(23 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 3820 Asus Rampage IV Formula tri-SLI GTX 580 G.Skill DDR3-1866 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
OCZ Vertex 3 Segate Momentus XT LG Blu-Ray combo drive Custom water loop for CPU & GPUs 
OSMonitorMonitorMonitor
Windows 7 x64 Ultimate Acer H5360 (100" 1280x720 3D projector) Asus VG278HE Asus VG278HE 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VG278HE XARMOR U9BL Corsair AX1200 home built 
MouseAudioAudioOther
Logitch G400 Custom 7.1 home theater system 7 channel SimVibe setup with 10 tactile transdu... Fanatec ClubSport Wheel with F1 & BMW GT rims 
OtherOther
Fanatec ClubSport Pedals Thrustmaster TH 8RS manual shifter. 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 16
From what I am reading, if you actuall buy from Zotac, it gets tested before it goes out the door... BUT, who knows for sure....
post #15 of 16
I've been reading about the asrock itx board on another forum. They are having a pretty hard time with the voltage regs throttling the CPU speeds down when they get hot. A few of them have added sinks and can get 4.3ghz but it throttles back during stability testing. However I guess it stays during normal operation and even gaming. I've been thinking of buying one and trying to make a custom waterblock to see if it helps. The zotac one does have more phases though. I just haven't had any luck overclocking my 775 zotac itx and wanted to try something different. Really sad the gigabyte z68 itx board got cancelled.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Edited by JaCkHoLe - 11/4/11 at 2:45pm
The Jabberwocky
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz ASUS P8P67-M Pro MSI GTX 480 Twin Frozr 2x4 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
64gb C300 SSD + 250gb Scorpio Black Asus external slim unit Windows 7 Pro x64 ASUS 27" VE278Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech S210 OCZ StealthXStream 600W NZXT Duet BXT Mod Sidewinder X8 
  hide details  
Reply
The Jabberwocky
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k @ 4.6ghz ASUS P8P67-M Pro MSI GTX 480 Twin Frozr 2x4 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws X 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
64gb C300 SSD + 250gb Scorpio Black Asus external slim unit Windows 7 Pro x64 ASUS 27" VE278Q 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitech S210 OCZ StealthXStream 600W NZXT Duet BXT Mod Sidewinder X8 
  hide details  
Reply
post #16 of 16
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by stealthybox View Post
Im all for being different and everything;
that Fractal looks great, but it doesnt look all too special, and is not very different from the SG05/6.

if your going to be throwing a 570 into there, you'd better be thinking about all of your cooling options. That Fractal is meant to be an NAS and thus, does not seem to have the necessary vents for the cooling of a card that, notoriously, runs fairly hot.

The SG05-450 comes with said PSU already, has a gigantic side vent for the sole purpose of allowing the GPU to cool itself, and has a large front slot for drawing in a funnel of unobstructed air to cool the motherboard and it's vrm's, which will likely be stressed to a certain extent because it sounds as if you intend to be overclocking.

On top of that, it's a much more price-friendly option, and there are tons of builds all over the net, that you can cherry pick ideas from. Just something to think about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek1387 View Post
SG05 all the way. Beautiful and sinple. Cones with. Great PSU already. I am about to start a rebirth thread for my SfF build with the mods I'm doing to mine.

They really are great cases.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek1387 View Post
I am also now looking at the Cubitek Mini tank... that thing looks AWESOME!
Quote:
Originally Posted by miahallen View Post
Yes, but the Mini tank is huge...literally three times the size of the SG05

BTW, I have the Z68 ASRock board and it does have some voltage adjustment available....and it has WI-FI onboard. I've had very poor experience with Zotac so I avoid them at all costs these days... Feature set looks great on them, but BIOS'es are notoriously crappy. That's not to say that I'm in love with the ASRock though, its still pretty entry level
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaCkHoLe View Post
I've been reading about the asrock itx board on another forum. They are having a pretty hard time with the voltage regs throttling the CPU speeds down when they get hot. A few of them have added sinks and can get 4.3ghz but it throttles back during stability testing. However I guess it stays during normal operation and even gaming. I've been thinking of buying one and trying to make a custom waterblock to see if it helps. The zotac one does have more phases though. I just haven't had any luck overclocking my 775 zotac itx and wanted to try something different. Really sad the gigabyte z68 itx board got cancelled.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk
Well I got my NCIX shopping cart all filled up and done as well as Performance PCs for watercooling bits. I'll be posting up a mod/build thread when all the stuff comes. Thanks for your opinions guys!
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz Asus Maximus Gene V Asus DirectCU II 290x Corsair Platinum 2x8Gb 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Samsung 840 EVO 500Gb, WD Black 1TB Windows 7 x64 Thermaltake 1200W Modular Silverstone TJ08 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz Asus Maximus Gene V Asus DirectCU II 290x Corsair Platinum 2x8Gb 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
Samsung 840 EVO 500Gb, WD Black 1TB Windows 7 x64 Thermaltake 1200W Modular Silverstone TJ08 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Small Form Factor Systems
Overclock.net › Forums › Specialty Builds › Small Form Factor Systems › Recommend a M-ITX LGA 1155 board