Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › BF3 2600k, 6970 FPS...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

BF3 2600k, 6970 FPS... - Page 3

post #21 of 37
On an AMD card you want MSAA off (Techspot did a review of various GPUs and CPUs for BF3, turns out MSAA kills frames for AMD cards).

Also you can optionally turn HBAO ambient occlusion off completely. Minor change in graphics (shadow/light distribution I believe), but a large gain in performance.
post #22 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf View Post
I'd wait a week or so to see if the memory leaks get fixed. Also, I think official ATI drivers are coming out in a few days. Once things are sorted out, it will be easier to make decisions on what you need to do in order to increase performance.
I feel like I'm living in a bubble on my server, no one's had any issues whatsoever yet I keep reading how "everyone" is having issues. =(
post #23 of 37
There's really only one thing you can do....get another 6970 or a 6990. The game scales nicely.
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k @4.5GHz 24/7 GA-X99-SLI MSI 1080 TI Seahawk X 16GB gSkill 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
1tb 850 EVO 4TB of Spinners H110i GT Samsung 34" S34E790C Curved Ultrawide/ Oculus R... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair RM850X Fractal R5 Ti Window G900 Chaos Spectrum 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
6700hq 1070 16gb 1tb 850 evo 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @4.9GHz ASUS P8Z68-V PRO pny 970 4x4GB Hyper X 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB Corsair Force 3+2TB Hitachi HDD+1.5TB WDGrn Lite ON BD RE Win7HP64 58" Samsung Plasma 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Blackwidow Ultimate NZXT HALE90 850W Thermaltake Element G Logitech MX-518 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k @4.5GHz 24/7 GA-X99-SLI MSI 1080 TI Seahawk X 16GB gSkill 3200 
Hard DriveHard DriveOSMonitor
1tb 850 EVO 4TB of Spinners H110i GT Samsung 34" S34E790C Curved Ultrawide/ Oculus R... 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Blackwidow Ultimate Corsair RM850X Fractal R5 Ti Window G900 Chaos Spectrum 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
6700hq 1070 16gb 1tb 850 evo 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K @4.9GHz ASUS P8Z68-V PRO pny 970 4x4GB Hyper X 1600 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
120GB Corsair Force 3+2TB Hitachi HDD+1.5TB WDGrn Lite ON BD RE Win7HP64 58" Samsung Plasma 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Blackwidow Ultimate NZXT HALE90 850W Thermaltake Element G Logitech MX-518 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 37
I couldn't tell any difference in ht on/off. I also can't tell any difference in 3.4/4.5 ghz; the game is pretty easy on newer cpus.

I didn't do any real tests, just watched fraps a bit while I played.

Without another 6970 you should run without msaa. I run it only 2x so that I can keep frames up between ~50 - 140(70-90 avg). 4x brings me down to ~60 average.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K @ 4.7(1.416v load) Gigabyte P67 UD4 Diamond HD 7970 1250/1800 4 x 4GB Mushkin Blackline 1.35v 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
830 256GB & (3) Spinpoint F3's win7 x64 LG W2363D-PF Silverstone DA800 
Case
FT-02B 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600K @ 4.7(1.416v load) Gigabyte P67 UD4 Diamond HD 7970 1250/1800 4 x 4GB Mushkin Blackline 1.35v 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
830 256GB & (3) Spinpoint F3's win7 x64 LG W2363D-PF Silverstone DA800 
Case
FT-02B 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 37
HT will not really help FPS, at least it didnt for me. I ran benches before and after and saw no increase. It will help with microstutter though if you are getting it which of course will allow you to run the game smooth and not get FPS drops or spikes. So it is not really increasing FPS but rather allowing the game to run without bottlenecks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost23 View Post
Have you disabled hyperthreading?
post #26 of 37
Agreed. I can not run the game with any MSAA in eyefinity with FPS in the low 20's to maybe seeing 30fps at times. It is not playable. In single screen res I can run 4x MSSAA with everything else maxed and get 60-80FPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARTON View Post
I couldn't tell any difference in ht on/off. I also can't tell any difference in 3.4/4.5 ghz; the game is pretty easy on newer cpus.

I didn't do any real tests, just watched fraps a bit while I played.

Without another 6970 you should run without msaa. I run it only 2x so that I can keep frames up between ~50 - 140(70-90 avg). 4x brings me down to ~60 average.
post #27 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymanhb View Post
There's really only one thing you can do....get another 6970 or a 6990. The game scales nicely.
It really does scale nicely.
Gene-Z Dedi
(7 items)
 
Captain America
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7 2600k @ 5.2 Ghz Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z Gskill 2133 4GB Caviar Black 
CoolingOSPower
Corsair H100 Arch x64 OCZ 650 Watt 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon E5-2650 Intel Xeon E5-2650 ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS XFX 6870 
RAMOS
32 GB Samsung Arch Nix 
  hide details  
Reply
Gene-Z Dedi
(7 items)
 
Captain America
(6 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
i7 2600k @ 5.2 Ghz Asus Maximus IV Gene-Z Gskill 2133 4GB Caviar Black 
CoolingOSPower
Corsair H100 Arch x64 OCZ 650 Watt 
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
Intel Xeon E5-2650 Intel Xeon E5-2650 ASUS Z9PE-D8 WS XFX 6870 
RAMOS
32 GB Samsung Arch Nix 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topgearfan View Post
Agreed. I can not run the game with any MSAA in eyefinity with FPS in the low 20's to maybe seeing 30fps at times. It is not playable. In single screen res I can run 4x MSSAA with everything else maxed and get 60-80FPS.
I've got a 6990, and if I throw on 2xAA or 4xAA, I drop from 60 FPS down to 40 or so, and then straight back to 60 with the slightest movement (1080p).
post #29 of 37
Anyone with an AMD card experiencing slowdowns after several minutes of play needs to adjust their powertune settings in CCC to +20%. Powertune is kicking in and downclocking your GPU. Or if you're using afterburner google "Disable ULPS" and follow the instructions.
post #30 of 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMCB View Post
Anyone with an AMD card experiencing slowdowns after several minutes of play needs to adjust their powertune settings in CCC to +20%. Powertune is kicking in and downclocking your GPU. Or if you're using afterburner google "Disable ULPS" and follow the instructions.
I still get random slowdowns after 10 minutes of play after disabling ULPS. I guess I'll try disable HT, though I really don't wanna do it just for BF3.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: PC Gaming
Overclock.net › Forums › Video Games › PC Gaming › BF3 2600k, 6970 FPS...