Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › 2x Agility 3 120GB RAID 0 for $310?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2x Agility 3 120GB RAID 0 for $310?

post #1 of 6
Thread Starter 
I'm about to pull the trigger on this. Can anyone stop me? Its



2x Agility 3 120GB for $310 (2x $155) RAID 0

256GB Crucial M4 for $365

While the M4 is an all around better drive than the agility 3, 2x agility 3s in RAID 0 would be significantly faster, AND be $50 cheaper. 128GB M4s are $205, so in RAID 0 they would be 33% more expensive.

thoughts please... although my mind is mostly made up lol.
post #2 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nnimrod View Post
I'm about to pull the trigger on this. Can anyone stop me? Its



2x Agility 3 120GB for $310 (2x $155) RAID 0

256GB Crucial M4 for $365

While the M4 is an all around better drive than the agility 3, 2x agility 3s in RAID 0 would be significantly faster, AND be $50 cheaper. 128GB M4s are $205, so in RAID 0 they would be 33% more expensive.

thoughts please... although my mind is mostly made up lol.
Go for it. Agility 3s are still awesome drives. Let us know how it goes.
post #3 of 6
Thread Starter 
*******@@@@***@**!*@*!*@*

amazon just jacked the agility 3 prices to match neweggs... went from $155 to $175. M4s dropped from $205 to $195 though. Mushkin Chronos Deluxe dropped from $220 to $200.
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nnimrod View Post
*******@@@@***@**!*@*!*@*

amazon just jacked the agility 3 prices to match neweggs... went from $155 to $175. M4s dropped from $205 to $195 though. Mushkin Chronos Deluxe dropped from $220 to $200.
The agility drives have poor performance on incompressible data since they are asynchronous nands.

spend a bit more on a synchronous nand.

http://pcper.com/news/Storage/Revisi...chronous-flash

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4346/o...3-240gb-review
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asus Pro Sapphire 6970 Corsair 4x4 
Hard DriveOSPowerMouse Pad
corsair 300 win 7 x64 None My desk 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k Asus Pro Sapphire 6970 Corsair 4x4 
Hard DriveOSPowerMouse Pad
corsair 300 win 7 x64 None My desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 6
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gooddog View Post
The agility drives have poor performance on incompressible data since they are asynchronous nands.

spend a bit more on a synchronous nand.

http://pcper.com/news/Storage/Revisi...chronous-flash

http://www.anandtech.com/show/4346/o...3-240gb-review
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...-ssd,2987.html

Toms isn't to be trusted without question, and many of the articles/reviews are junk bought out by intel or some other company, but this one was very thorough and well done. Specifically, it addresses steady state performance in almost every way, and shows the agility 3 being only a little behind the vertex 3, very marginally in some cases. The price difference however is significant at 12.5%
post #6 of 6
Thread Starter 
ended up grabbing a couple 128GB M4s for $195 a piece. RAID 0 Benches etc... up sometime this coming week in a new thread.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: SSD
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Hard Drives & Storage › SSD › 2x Agility 3 120GB RAID 0 for $310?