Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › Nice set of triple channel for my x58?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nice set of triple channel for my x58? - Page 3

post #21 of 28
Thread Starter 
Tall RAM is tall.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 6950 2GB Reference G. SKill Ripjaws 1600 (4x3 GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB Intel 530 Thermalright Venomous X Black Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VW266H Filco Majestouch 2 Mushkin Joule 1200W Lian Li PC-9F 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK M-Audio AV40 Beyerdynamic DT 990 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 6950 2GB Reference G. SKill Ripjaws 1600 (4x3 GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB Intel 530 Thermalright Venomous X Black Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VW266H Filco Majestouch 2 Mushkin Joule 1200W Lian Li PC-9F 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK M-Audio AV40 Beyerdynamic DT 990 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NguyenAdam View Post
6 GB will be plenty. Anything thats not ridiculous. i.e $100+
RAM:
http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartsp...3E4A88A5CA7304

Review:
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...i7,2128-9.html

Edit - Look at how much that RAM went for ($374)...and what you can get it at now ($78).
Edited by jlells01 - 11/5/11 at 9:21am
post #23 of 28
Thread Starter 
Hmmmm. Can anyone else vouch for the Crucial RAM? I would be willing to spend a little bit more money for a good set.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 6950 2GB Reference G. SKill Ripjaws 1600 (4x3 GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB Intel 530 Thermalright Venomous X Black Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VW266H Filco Majestouch 2 Mushkin Joule 1200W Lian Li PC-9F 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK M-Audio AV40 Beyerdynamic DT 990 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 6950 2GB Reference G. SKill Ripjaws 1600 (4x3 GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB Intel 530 Thermalright Venomous X Black Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VW266H Filco Majestouch 2 Mushkin Joule 1200W Lian Li PC-9F 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK M-Audio AV40 Beyerdynamic DT 990 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NguyenAdam View Post
Hmmmm. Can anyone else vouch for the Crucial RAM? I would be willing to spend a little bit more money for a good set.
Here is 16 (out of 16) perfect reviews for you:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...scrollFullInfo
post #25 of 28
Thread Starter 
I don't trust Newegg reviews. Lol
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 6950 2GB Reference G. SKill Ripjaws 1600 (4x3 GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB Intel 530 Thermalright Venomous X Black Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VW266H Filco Majestouch 2 Mushkin Joule 1200W Lian Li PC-9F 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK M-Audio AV40 Beyerdynamic DT 990 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 6950 2GB Reference G. SKill Ripjaws 1600 (4x3 GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB Intel 530 Thermalright Venomous X Black Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VW266H Filco Majestouch 2 Mushkin Joule 1200W Lian Li PC-9F 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK M-Audio AV40 Beyerdynamic DT 990 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by NguyenAdam View Post
I don't trust Newegg reviews. Lol
If forum fanboys who make snarky comments about anything based solely on conjecture and brand hatred is your barometer of trust...then I'm really wasting my time in this thread.
post #27 of 28
OP, I've ran the gambit of DDR3 ram, in 3x2Gb and now 3x4Gb. I've found G.Skill to offer a wide range of speeds (as are many manufacturers, but they started the trend) because they test and bin their modules. Mushkin have some great kits, and have solid feedback. They started making the Ridgeline for the X58 platform which proved to be great kits. Corsair and Crucial (Crucial makes the Balistix) have made some higher priced kits which proved popular, but the other companies caught up to their higher end kits, which brought their prices down a lot.

Having said that, If you want to get the best price/performance ratio, I recommend getting DDR3 1600 at CAS 7 timings. Mushkin has a 3x2Gb kit for $65 and are rated at 7-8-7-24. This is the best price for some tight timings at 1600:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820226241
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6850K ASUS X99-A R7 260X 32Gb Team Vulcan DDR4 3000 Cas 15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OS: Crucial M500 Seagate HDD Samsung F3 H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64 ASUS VW226H 26" Logitech G15 Seasonic Gold 750W 
CaseMouse
Phantek Enthoo Pro M Logitech G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
6850K ASUS X99-A R7 260X 32Gb Team Vulcan DDR4 3000 Cas 15 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
OS: Crucial M500 Seagate HDD Samsung F3 H100i 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 10 Pro 64 ASUS VW226H 26" Logitech G15 Seasonic Gold 750W 
CaseMouse
Phantek Enthoo Pro M Logitech G9X 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 28
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlells01 View Post
If forum fanboys who make snarky comments about anything based solely on conjecture and brand hatred is your barometer of trust...then I'm really wasting my time in this thread.
Does newegg produce the RAM? If so, I wasn't aware. Newegg reviews are always biased and many negative reviews are due to user error.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericeod View Post
OP, I've ran the gambit of DDR3 ram, in 3x2Gb and now 3x4Gb. I've found G.Skill to offer a wide range of speeds (as are many manufacturers, but they started the trend) because they test and bin their modules. Mushkin have some great kits, and have solid feedback. They started making the Ridgeline for the X58 platform which proved to be great kits. Corsair and Crucial (Crucial makes the Balistix) have made some higher priced kits which proved popular, but the other companies caught up to their higher end kits, which brought their prices down a lot.

Having said that, If you want to get the best price/performance ratio, I recommend getting DDR3 1600 at CAS 7 timings. Mushkin has a 3x2Gb kit for $65 and are rated at 7-8-7-24. This is the best price for some tight timings at 1600:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820226241
Hmmm thanks for that. I'll look into that kit.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 6950 2GB Reference G. SKill Ripjaws 1600 (4x3 GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB Intel 530 Thermalright Venomous X Black Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VW266H Filco Majestouch 2 Mushkin Joule 1200W Lian Li PC-9F 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK M-Audio AV40 Beyerdynamic DT 990 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 Asus P6T Deluxe Sapphire 6950 2GB Reference G. SKill Ripjaws 1600 (4x3 GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Black 1TB Intel 530 Thermalright Venomous X Black Windows 7 Ultimate 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Asus VW266H Filco Majestouch 2 Mushkin Joule 1200W Lian Li PC-9F 
MouseMouse PadAudioAudio
Logitech G400 Steelseries QCK M-Audio AV40 Beyerdynamic DT 990 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Memory
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Memory › Nice set of triple channel for my x58?