Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [FPSWin] Why Skyrim Is Just 6GB
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[FPSWin] Why Skyrim Is Just 6GB - Page 17

post #161 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by SIMPSONATOR View Post
You dolt. The people who hate a game are the ones who write reviews. People who enjoy the games are busy playing them and enjoying them. And many people loved DA2. Both Oblivion and Morrowind were amazing at launch, and Skyrim has even more people interested. Just wait, it will be a huge hit. Go back to your Blizzard games.
You are defending Skyrim with DRAGON AGE 2!? You just lost all credit right threre. DA2 is HORRIBLE.

Oblivion amazing at launch? Hell no. The game was a bugfest that got boring within a month. Yes within a month is pathetic when it's an Elder scrolls game. Those should last years.
post #162 of 223
Can't please everyone, at least I'm excited =D
PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-4670k ASRock Z87E-ITX ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Toshiba DT01ACA200 OCZ Vertex 460 Swiftech H220-X EK-FC970 GTX Full Cover Water Block 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Black Ice Nemesis 120GTS Ultra Stealth U-Flow L... Windows 10 BenQ GW Series GW2760HS  Silverstone Tek 450-Watts SFX 
Case
BitFenix Prodigy 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5-4670k ASRock Z87E-ITX ZOTAC GeForce GTX 970 G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR... 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
Toshiba DT01ACA200 OCZ Vertex 460 Swiftech H220-X EK-FC970 GTX Full Cover Water Block 
CoolingOSMonitorPower
Black Ice Nemesis 120GTS Ultra Stealth U-Flow L... Windows 10 BenQ GW Series GW2760HS  Silverstone Tek 450-Watts SFX 
Case
BitFenix Prodigy 
  hide details  
Reply
post #163 of 223
Perhaps they decided to cut down on Pre-animated scenes, they quite often add significant bulk to a game.
:3
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe GTX 680 2GB 16GB Corsair vengeance  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x 250GB HyperX Windows 7 SP1 x64 Benq G2420HD XFX 650W 
CaseAudio
lian li pc-q08b On-board 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom II X4 955 C3 @ 4.2ghz 1.4v ASUS M4A79T Deluxe Radeon HD 5870 crossfire 940/1300 8GB corsair ddr3 1600mhz 7-8-7-20@1.75v 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
120GB Kingston HyperX SSD, 250gb HDD x3 +660Gb 5870 Accelero Xtreme Corsair H100  win 7 ultimate 64bit (stipped to bone) 
MonitorPowerCase
Benq G2420HD XFX Pro 650W (sleeved) (seasonic in disguise) Bitfenix Colossus 
  hide details  
Reply
:3
(10 items)
 
   
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2600k Asus P8Z77-I Deluxe GTX 680 2GB 16GB Corsair vengeance  
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
2x 250GB HyperX Windows 7 SP1 x64 Benq G2420HD XFX 650W 
CaseAudio
lian li pc-q08b On-board 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom II X4 955 C3 @ 4.2ghz 1.4v ASUS M4A79T Deluxe Radeon HD 5870 crossfire 940/1300 8GB corsair ddr3 1600mhz 7-8-7-20@1.75v 
Hard DriveCoolingCoolingOS
120GB Kingston HyperX SSD, 250gb HDD x3 +660Gb 5870 Accelero Xtreme Corsair H100  win 7 ultimate 64bit (stipped to bone) 
MonitorPowerCase
Benq G2420HD XFX Pro 650W (sleeved) (seasonic in disguise) Bitfenix Colossus 
  hide details  
Reply
post #164 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrait View Post
You are defending Skyrim with DRAGON AGE 2!? You just lost all credit right threre. DA2 is HORRIBLE.

Oblivion amazing at launch? Hell no. The game was a bugfest that got boring within a month. Yes within a month is pathetic when it's an Elder scrolls game. Those should last years.
Glad you share your opinion...
I actually played Oblivion for years, at launch without having a "bugfest" like you claim.

And I found DA2 different but not "HORRIBLE". Guess you're not everyone.
post #165 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunderman456 View Post
Let's look at Oblivion: Was the cookie cutter caves,forts and ruins mentioned? Was the ridiculous NPC levelling mentioned? Was the Radiant AI being nowhere near as good as Bethesda had said in interviews and with trailers mentioned? Was the ridiculous "personality wheel" mentioned? Or were they all glossed over or ignored completely?
All of those didn't annoy me, or make me bored once. Just because a few vocal Morrowind-lovers didn't like Oblivion stock, doesn't mean no-one did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrait View Post
Oblivion amazing at launch? Hell no. The game was a bugfest that got boring within a month. Yes within a month is pathetic when it's an Elder scrolls game. Those should last years.
A month? You must not have done anything in it then, I was playing it for over a year before I started adding mods.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JY View Post
Perhaps they decided to cut down on Pre-animated scenes, they quite often add significant bulk to a game.
There was only three that I can think of in Oblivion, so probably.
My system
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3770k @ 4.7Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB Pioneer DVR-220LBKS 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Bloatfree Edition BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Strider Plus 600w Lian Li Lancool PC-K60 SteelSeries Sensei Professional Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large 
AudioOther
ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
My system
(22 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3770k @ 4.7Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB Pioneer DVR-220LBKS 
CoolingCoolingCoolingOS
Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu 
OSMonitorMonitorKeyboard
Windows 10 Bloatfree Edition BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Silverstone Strider Plus 600w Lian Li Lancool PC-K60 SteelSeries Sensei Professional Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large 
AudioOther
ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #166 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeez View Post
Glad you share your opinion...
I actually played Oblivion for years, at launch without having a "bugfest" like you claim.

And I found DA2 different but not "HORRIBLE". Guess you're not everyone.
And neither are you.

I played all the games in the main series. And Oblivion was the worst of them all IMO. And Skyrim is just Oblivion 2.0, so I won't love(Oblivion was decent) it either. All the crap they are added are already in mods. And yet THEY are taking credit for it. Not to mention Bethesda are also being pricks suing everyone.
post #167 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrait View Post
And neither are you.

I played all the games in the main series. And Oblivion was the worst of them all IMO. And Skyrim is just Oblivion 2.0, so I won't love(Oblivion was decent) it either. All the crap they are added are already in mods. And yet THEY are taking credit for it. Not to mention Bethesda are also being pricks suing everyone.
Gotta love people like you.

Judging a game and calling it "Oblivion 2.0" before you have even played it. What a moronic stance

People like you are the reason people like me can't just enjoy a game without some 12 year old kid having a fat whinge because of predisposed issues with a game.

Judge the game when you play the bloody thing.

You fanbois/haters drive me insane.

Even if Skyrim is the best game of all time, you would still hate it. Because you are too stupid to judge the game on its merits, instead you just use your preconceptions based off absolutely no plausible information to form an "opinion".

So please leave and return when you have actually played the game and have a reason to hate it.
Current Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k MSI Z77A-GD65 Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
OCZ Vertex 2 Antec Kuhler 620 Windows 10 Silverstone ST1200 
Case
Corsair 200R 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k MSI Z77A-GD65 Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
OCZ Vertex 2 Antec Kuhler 620 Windows 10 Silverstone ST1200 
Case
Corsair 200R 
  hide details  
Reply
post #168 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrait View Post
And neither are you.

I played all the games in the main series. And Oblivion was the worst of them all IMO. And Skyrim is just Oblivion 2.0, so I won't love(Oblivion was decent) it either. All the crap they are added are already in mods. And yet THEY are taking credit for it. Not to mention Bethesda are also being pricks suing everyone.
Damn, I don't know what else I can say, other than pretty biased.
post #169 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance47 View Post
Even if Skyrim is the best game of all time, you would still hate it. Because you are too stupid to judge the game on its merits, instead you just use your preconceptions based off absolutely no plausible information to form an "opinion".

So please leave and return when you have actually played the game and have a reason to hate it.
Are you going to buy this game at launch? (Of course you are, because you are a fanboy.) If so (see previous), you are engaging in precisely the same moronic behavior you accuse him of. Only worse, because you're actually going to commit money to your hype-based anticipation.

Yet accusing the skeptics (or, to a degree, the fanboys) of premature judgement is nonsensical, since we have seen the bulk of the game's important mechanics demonstrated onscreen.

Awkward combat. Still present.
Absolutely daft iTunes-esque inventory. Check.
Skill screen that echoes The Witcher's unique style without any of the efficiency. Check.
Appalling textures and animations. Still bloody present.
Weak storyline. ROFL they reveal who you are and what you're doing and your ultimate goal in the pre-release hype. Morrowind is crying blood.

That's called evidence, and it's something the fanboys in this thread have yet to consider.
Edited by Soggy_Popcorn - 10/30/11 at 5:46pm
post #170 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance47 View Post
Gotta love people like you.

Judging a game and calling it "Oblivion 2.0" before you have even played it. What a moronic stance

People like you are the reason people like me can't just enjoy a game without some 12 year old kid having a fat whinge because of predisposed issues with a game.

Judge the game when you play the bloody thing.

You fanbois/haters drive me insane.

Even if Skyrim is the best game of all time, you would still hate it. Because you are too stupid to judge the game on its merits, instead you just use your preconceptions based off absolutely no plausible information to form an "opinion".

So please leave and return when you have actually played the game and have a reason to hate it.
This, bloody 10 times over.

I absolutely HATE haters. Just miserable, arrogant whining little nerd children.

Trip over and break something.
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V 2x EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x WD Black 1TB 2x WD Green 2TB LITEON Sata DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64Bit 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS X4 CORSAIR HX 1000W HAF932 Deathadder 3g 
Mouse Pad
None 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V 2x EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x WD Black 1TB 2x WD Green 2TB LITEON Sata DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64Bit 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS X4 CORSAIR HX 1000W HAF932 Deathadder 3g 
Mouse Pad
None 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [FPSWin] Why Skyrim Is Just 6GB