Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [FPSWin] Why Skyrim Is Just 6GB
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[FPSWin] Why Skyrim Is Just 6GB - Page 18

post #171 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soggy_Popcorn View Post
Are you going to buy this game at launch? (Of course you are, because you are a fanboy.) If so (see previous), you are engaging in precisely the same moronic behavior you accuse him of. Only worse, because you're actually going to commit money to your hype-based anticipation.

Yet accusing the skeptics (or, to a degree, the fanboys) of premature judgement is nonsensical, since we have seen the bulk of the game's important mechanics demonstrated onscreen.

Awkward combat. Still present.
Absolutely daft iTunes-esque inventory. Check.
Skill screen that echoes The Witcher's unique style without any of the efficiency. Check.
Appalling textures and animations. Still bloody present.
Weak storyline. ROFL they reveal who you are and what you're doing and your ultimate goal in the pre-release hype. Morrowind is crying blood.

That's called evidence, and it's something the fanboys in this thread have yet to consider.
I've pre-ordered it.
I'm not a fanboy for Bethesda, I know the games can suck in certain peoples opinions..Oh wait! Opinions! Maybe, just...maybe....He likes the game more than you or Vrait because he's not you! Wow! What a shock!

Awkward combat? Show me a better hack and slash game, it's not awkward compared to TW1.
iTunes esque? The only problem with the inventory in Oblivion was that the font was way too big, IMO.
Skill screen is meh for me, I'll be in it so rarely vs real gameplay that it's a non-issue.
Appalling textures and animations, it still looks good to my eyes, most of the "graphical quality" comes from the art style, not how big the textures are. Animations are fine IMO.
Weak story, it still sounds great. And the main story has been always a bit iffy for TES/Beth in general, it's the side quests that are great.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz ASRock Z77 Pro3 Powercolor Radeon HD7950 3GB @ 1150/1350 4x4GB G.Skill Ares 2000Mhz CL9 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Samsung 840 250GB Western Digital Black 1TB WD1002FAEX Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001 Samsung Spinpoint EcoGreen 2TB 
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Pioneer DVR-220LBKS Noctua NH-D14 Scythe Gentle Typhoon 1850rpm Corsair AF140 Quiet Edition 
CoolingOSMonitorMonitor
Arcitc Cooling Acclero Twin Turbo II Arch Linux x86-64, amdgpu BenQ G2220HD BenQ G2020HD 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ducky Shine III Year of the Snake, Cherry Blue Silverstone Strider Plus 600w CoolerMaster CM690 II Black and White SteelSeries Sensei Professional 
Mouse PadAudioOther
Artisan Hien Mid Japan Black Large ASUS Xonar DX NZXT Sentry Mesh 30w Fan Controller 
  hide details  
Reply
post #172 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soggy_Popcorn View Post
Are you going to buy this game at launch? (Of course you are, because you are a fanboy.) If so (see previous), you are engaging in precisely the same moronic behavior you accuse him of. Only worse, because you're actually going to commit money to your hype-based anticipation.

Yet accusing the skeptics (or, to a degree, the fanboys) of premature judgement is nonsensical, since we have seen the bulk of the game's important mechanics demonstrated onscreen.

Awkward combat. Still present.
Absolutely daft iTunes-esque inventory. Check.
Skill screen that echoes The Witcher's unique style without any of the efficiency. Check.
Appalling textures and animations. Still bloody present.
Weak storyline. ROFL they reveal who you are and what you're doing and your ultimate goal in the pre-release hype. Morrowind is crying blood.

That's called evidence, and it's something the fanboys in this thread have yet to consider.

- The combat looks fine, it's not a game breaker.

- You havent even tried the inventory, i dont give a rats ass if you've seen it on screen, you havent tried it out.

- Appalling textures and animations? what is so terrible about them? They look much better than oblivion and perfectly passable, again, not a game breaker. I also hope when mods come out it makes your rig cry.

- What is so weak about the story line? Not enough mystery in it for you? That's 100% your opinion and holds zero water.

Fact is, humans like you will never be happy with anything, you enjoy thinking you're an elitist.
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V 2x EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x WD Black 1TB 2x WD Green 2TB LITEON Sata DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64Bit 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS X4 CORSAIR HX 1000W HAF932 Deathadder 3g 
Mouse Pad
None 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V 2x EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x WD Black 1TB 2x WD Green 2TB LITEON Sata DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64Bit 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS X4 CORSAIR HX 1000W HAF932 Deathadder 3g 
Mouse Pad
None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #173 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjpd1983 View Post
- Appalling textures and animations? what is so terrible about them? They look much better than oblivion and perfectly passable, again, not a game breaker. I also hope when mods come out it makes your rig cry.
Fact is, humans like you will never be happy with anything, you enjoy thinking you're an elitist.
Because the textures do look terrible, which is the main reason why I'll wait when it goes on sale and I see some texture mods popping in. No I don't need amazing graphics for this game to be enjoyable, but I would like a little more detail than what it shows. Not to mention the bugs on release that will be noticeable. As to everything else he said I completely disagree, or don't care.
Devon-Pc
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x955 MSi 870-G45 Gigabyte 6950 1gb (Tri-Fan Cooling) 12gb DDR3 1600MHz (7-8-7-24) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1.2tb 7200RPM (3 HDD's) Windows 7 Ultimate ASUS VE276Q (1920x1080p) Razer Lycosa (Non-mirrored) 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 650W Rosewill Wind Knight Fierce 5000 DPI Laser Gaming Mouse v. 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Devon-Pc
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x955 MSi 870-G45 Gigabyte 6950 1gb (Tri-Fan Cooling) 12gb DDR3 1600MHz (7-8-7-24) 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
1.2tb 7200RPM (3 HDD's) Windows 7 Ultimate ASUS VE276Q (1920x1080p) Razer Lycosa (Non-mirrored) 
PowerCaseMouse
Corsair 650W Rosewill Wind Knight Fierce 5000 DPI Laser Gaming Mouse v. 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #174 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soggy_Popcorn View Post
Are you going to buy this game at launch? (Of course you are, because you are a fanboy.) If so (see previous), you are engaging in precisely the same moronic behavior you accuse him of. Only worse, because you're actually going to commit money to your hype-based anticipation.

Yet accusing the skeptics (or, to a degree, the fanboys) of premature judgement is nonsensical, since we have seen the bulk of the game's important mechanics demonstrated onscreen.

Awkward combat. Still present.
Absolutely daft iTunes-esque inventory. Check.
Skill screen that echoes The Witcher's unique style without any of the efficiency. Check.
Appalling textures and animations. Still bloody present.
Weak storyline. ROFL they reveal who you are and what you're doing and your ultimate goal in the pre-release hype. Morrowind is crying blood.

That's called evidence, and it's something the fanboys in this thread have yet to consider.
I will be buying Skyrim, I don't have it preordered. I will buy it once I get around to it (probably a week or two after release). So calling me a fanboy is pointless. I am simply keeping an open mind about a product that no one on this forum has played but people love to bash.

Its amazing how OCN is generally considered to have people of a higher intellectual level than most internet forums yet we still get countless idiots who just bash products and other forum members because of their personal, preconceived opinions about said product.

You want to know the most important part of a game? Its not the animations, its not the graphics, its not the textures, its not the storyline. Its about FUN! Something people here on OCN seem to forget way too easily.

Everyone here just wants eye candy so they can stroke their e-peen by saying "Well my GPU can run game X maxed out at 100FPS. I am superior to you! All bow down to your new, mighty overlord!"

Its absolutely retarded. Games are supposed to be FUN! They are designed to take your mind off real world issues for a while and just kick back and relax and have some good old fashioned fun. You know what, I loved Two Worlds 1 (Yes, that buggy, ugly, poorly animated german RPG). You know why I loved it? Because I found it FUN! Wow! I must be a TW1 fanboi now huh? Because most people hated it and I liked it!

No, I just looked past the games flaws and found a truly fun game that I spent countless hours playing. The same thing with Oblivion. Its certainly far from perfect and I can think of better RPG's (The Witcher 1/2 by a mile) but ultimately, I still played Oblivion for about 500hrs. I just ignored the main storyline and did all the side quests and just ran around creating chaos. Why? Because I though it was fun.

So no, I'm not a fanboy. I am just keeping an open mind about a game that looks like it has everything you need to have fun. Also, to your point about the graphics. Its designed primarily with consoles in mind (this is no secret), so basically, it is designed to be ran on the 6 year old 7800GT. Bethesda have never been known for their animation quality, they are using Gamebryo which really is a terrible engine and I still wonder why they are using it. Then there's the points that you have never used the Inventory system in Skyrim so you can't truly judge it. It might look poor/unintuitive. But until you use it, you never know how it will work. Then there's the very big fact that we are yet to see the game running on a PC. It has always been X360. So your judgment of the graphics is a moot point since you have no evidence proving the PC version looks poor.

So really dude, you are just a hater. I am simply leaving my opinion until the game is actually released.
Current Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k MSI Z77A-GD65 Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
OCZ Vertex 2 Antec Kuhler 620 Windows 10 Silverstone ST1200 
Case
Corsair 200R 
  hide details  
Reply
Current Rig
(10 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k MSI Z77A-GD65 Sapphire RX 480 Nitro+ OC G.Skill Ripjaw X 2133MHz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSPower
OCZ Vertex 2 Antec Kuhler 620 Windows 10 Silverstone ST1200 
Case
Corsair 200R 
  hide details  
Reply
post #175 of 223
Hm.. very detailed story. Or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindrage606 View Post
Skyrim=GOTY

My prediction.
BF3 will get GOTY for sure. Every cod turd i know wants it... it's a revolution that will probably ruin the bf line... that and the xpansions.
IntelAsylum R2.1
(14 items)
 
M11xR2
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G 16GB Ripjaw X 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
R0: 2x1TB WD Se Samsung 840 EVO LG UH12LS28 BDD Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell E2414H x2 M$ Sidewinder x4 Seasonic 600W CM HAF 932A 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitec M705 MouseMat 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 GT335m 1gb 4gb ddr3 Sandisk 128GB SSD 
OS
Windows/Linux/Depends 
  hide details  
Reply
IntelAsylum R2.1
(14 items)
 
M11xR2
(13 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500k ASRock Z77 Extreme6 MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G 16GB Ripjaw X 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveOS
R0: 2x1TB WD Se Samsung 840 EVO LG UH12LS28 BDD Windows 7 Ultimate x64 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Dell E2414H x2 M$ Sidewinder x4 Seasonic 600W CM HAF 932A 
MouseMouse Pad
Logitec M705 MouseMat 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
i7 GT335m 1gb 4gb ddr3 Sandisk 128GB SSD 
OS
Windows/Linux/Depends 
  hide details  
Reply
post #176 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeance47 View Post
I will be buying Skyrim, I don't have it preordered. I will buy it once I get around to it (probably a week or two after release). So calling me a fanboy is pointless. I am simply keeping an open mind about a product that no one on this forum has played but people love to bash.

Its amazing how OCN is generally considered to have people of a higher intellectual level than most internet forums yet we still get countless idiots who just bash products and other forum members because of their personal, preconceived opinions about said product.

You want to know the most important part of a game? Its not the animations, its not the graphics, its not the textures, its not the storyline. Its about FUN! Something people here on OCN seem to forget way too easily.

Everyone here just wants eye candy so they can stroke their e-peen by saying "Well my GPU can run game X maxed out at 100FPS. I am superior to you! All bow down to your new, mighty overlord!"

Its absolutely retarded. Games are supposed to be FUN! They are designed to take your mind off real world issues for a while and just kick back and relax and have some good old fashioned fun. You know what, I loved Two Worlds 1 (Yes, that buggy, ugly, poorly animated german RPG). You know why I loved it? Because I found it FUN! Wow! I must be a TW1 fanboi now huh? Because most people hated it and I liked it!

No, I just looked past the games flaws and found a truly fun game that I spent countless hours playing. The same thing with Oblivion. Its certainly far from perfect and I can think of better RPG's (The Witcher 1/2 by a mile) but ultimately, I still played Oblivion for about 500hrs. I just ignored the main storyline and did all the side quests and just ran around creating chaos. Why? Because I though it was fun.

So no, I'm not a fanboy. I am just keeping an open mind about a game that looks like it has everything you need to have fun. Also, to your point about the graphics. Its designed primarily with consoles in mind (this is no secret), so basically, it is designed to be ran on the 6 year old 7800GT. Bethesda have never been known for their animation quality, they are using Gamebryo which really is a terrible engine and I still wonder why they are using it. Then there's the points that you have never used the Inventory system in Skyrim so you can't truly judge it. It might look poor/unintuitive. But until you use it, you never know how it will work. Then there's the very big fact that we are yet to see the game running on a PC. It has always been X360. So your judgment of the graphics is a moot point since you have no evidence proving the PC version looks poor.

So really dude, you are just a hater. I am simply leaving my opinion until the game is actually released.
+1

Nerds on this forum really do need to stroke e-peens to get any for of enjoyment from a game. It's almost as if games to them exists as benchmark tests rather than something to enjoy. Every time I come on this forum I become more convinced that the world is full of absolute idiots.
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V 2x EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x WD Black 1TB 2x WD Green 2TB LITEON Sata DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64Bit 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS X4 CORSAIR HX 1000W HAF932 Deathadder 3g 
Mouse Pad
None 
  hide details  
Reply
My Rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 2500K ASUS P8Z68-V 2x EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Ripjaws 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
1x WD Black 1TB 2x WD Green 2TB LITEON Sata DVD Burner Windows 7 Professional 64Bit 27" 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
MS X4 CORSAIR HX 1000W HAF932 Deathadder 3g 
Mouse Pad
None 
  hide details  
Reply
post #177 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soggy_Popcorn View Post
Are you going to buy this game at launch? (Of course you are, because you are a fanboy.) If so (see previous), you are engaging in precisely the same moronic behavior you accuse him of. Only worse, because you're actually going to commit money to your hype-based anticipation.

Yet accusing the skeptics (or, to a degree, the fanboys) of premature judgement is nonsensical, since we have seen the bulk of the game's important mechanics demonstrated onscreen.

Awkward combat. Still present.
Absolutely daft iTunes-esque inventory. Check.
Skill screen that echoes The Witcher's unique style without any of the efficiency. Check.
Appalling textures and animations. Still bloody present.
Weak storyline. ROFL they reveal who you are and what you're doing and your ultimate goal in the pre-release hype. Morrowind is crying blood.

That's called evidence, and it's something the fanboys in this thread have yet to consider.
If Skyrim is nothing more then Oblvion 2.0, I would be just fine. With some mods, Oblivion was one of my favorite games.
G36 "Terminus"
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X3440 OC 3.0Ghz EVGA P55 LE XFX Radeon HD 5770 4Gb Ripjaws DDR3 2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 750Gb Sony Optiarc Windows 7 Pro Sceptre 22'' Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Antec True Power 750 watt CM Storm Scout Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
G36 "Terminus"
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon X3440 OC 3.0Ghz EVGA P55 LE XFX Radeon HD 5770 4Gb Ripjaws DDR3 2000 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD Black 750Gb Sony Optiarc Windows 7 Pro Sceptre 22'' Widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
G15 Antec True Power 750 watt CM Storm Scout Microsoft 
  hide details  
Reply
post #178 of 223
Can we stop arguing about this? People have opinions, get over it.

I expect a disappointment, someone else expects an amazing game.

We will see!

It will be Oblivion 2.0, which is not good in my eyes.
post #179 of 223
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dronac View Post
If Skyrim is nothing more then Oblvion 2.0, I would be just fine. With some mods, Oblivion was one of my favorite games.
If that's the case, save yourself some bucks and just download Nehrin for free. Enjoy!
 
BitoHeaven
(16 items)
 
Cigar ATX PC
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5GHz Asus Maximus VI Gene Gigabyte R9 290 @ 1160MHz/1350MHz Gigabyte R9 290 @ 1160MHz/1350MHz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2X8GB DDR3 2400MHz Samsung 840 PRO 256GB  Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB SATA III 6Gb/s 64... Pioneer Blu-ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Liquid Single Loop Triple Radiators Win 7 SP1 Professional x64bit  Samsung SynchMaster 24" Widescreen 1200p TFT-LC... Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1300w 80+ Gold Fully Modular  Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Microsoft Sidewinder X5 Allsop Redmond Mouse Pad 
Audio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX mITX  Sapphire HD 7990 @ 1090MHz/1600MHz G.SKILL Ripjaws 2X4GB DDR3-1600 @ 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial SSD 128GB mSATA SATA III 6GB  Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA II 32MB 7200RPM LG DVD R/W SATA with LightScribe Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Professional x64bit Samsung 52" 1080p 60Hz LCD Logitech Wireless K330 Corsair AX850 Gold Fully Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ATX Black  Logitech Wireless M215 Corsair Vengeance MM200 Yamaha RX-V681 & PSB/Polk Audio 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 640 ASRock N68C-GS NVIDIA 6600GT G. Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM LG Optical Drive Thermaltake Max Orb Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic 19” Flatscreen CRT Gigabyte GK-K6800 103  Thermaltake TR2 600W Cigar Boxes 
MouseMouse Pad
Zalman ZM-M300 Corsair Vengeance MM200 
  hide details  
Reply
 
BitoHeaven
(16 items)
 
Cigar ATX PC
(14 items)
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel i7 4770k @ 4.5GHz Asus Maximus VI Gene Gigabyte R9 290 @ 1160MHz/1350MHz Gigabyte R9 290 @ 1160MHz/1350MHz 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
G.Skill Trident X 2X8GB DDR3 2400MHz Samsung 840 PRO 256GB  Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 3TB SATA III 6Gb/s 64... Pioneer Blu-ray Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Liquid Single Loop Triple Radiators Win 7 SP1 Professional x64bit  Samsung SynchMaster 24" Widescreen 1200p TFT-LC... Logitech G15 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
EVGA SuperNOVA G2 1300w 80+ Gold Fully Modular  Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 Microsoft Sidewinder X5 Allsop Redmond Mouse Pad 
Audio
Cambridge Soundworks 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i5-3570K @ 4.6GHz ASRock Z77E-ITX mITX  Sapphire HD 7990 @ 1090MHz/1600MHz G.SKILL Ripjaws 2X4GB DDR3-1600 @ 1866MHz 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Crucial SSD 128GB mSATA SATA III 6GB  Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 1TB SATA II 32MB 7200RPM LG DVD R/W SATA with LightScribe Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 7 Professional x64bit Samsung 52" 1080p 60Hz LCD Logitech Wireless K330 Corsair AX850 Gold Fully Modular 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ATX Black  Logitech Wireless M215 Corsair Vengeance MM200 Yamaha RX-V681 & PSB/Polk Audio 5.1 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Athlon II X4 640 ASRock N68C-GS NVIDIA 6600GT G. Skill Ripjaws DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
WD Caviar Blue 500GB 16MB Cache 7200RPM LG Optical Drive Thermaltake Max Orb Windows 7 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Viewsonic 19” Flatscreen CRT Gigabyte GK-K6800 103  Thermaltake TR2 600W Cigar Boxes 
MouseMouse Pad
Zalman ZM-M300 Corsair Vengeance MM200 
  hide details  
Reply
post #180 of 223
I could buy the better optimized engine thing... If they hired the Farb-Rausch team to write and design the engine for them

(Look up: Fr-08: .the.produkkt, a 64kb 8 minute long full 3d techdemo from many years ago, or .kkrieger a game engine with a level and gameplay [albeit very alpha feeling] and graphics on par of superior to Doom 3 in 96kb)

If they managed to get those guys working for them, I could see their engine being that good.

Edit: Oh, or even better look up:
FR-041 nearly modern day graphics in only 180kb
Edited by Xaero252 - 10/30/11 at 7:30pm
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 D0 4.2ghz HT (1.3625v) Asus R3E 2xGTX 460 (non SLi, no overclock) 6x2gb G.skill @ 6-8-6-24-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD-VR 300GBx1, 2xWD 1tb,2x60gb Agility Some crappy combo burner... Arch x64 3xDell U2410f rev A02 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
X-Armor U9BL TT Toughpower 1200w (NTB more efficient) Mountain Mods Pinnacle 24 CYO Roccat Kone (R.I.P. A4Tech x7) 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad Experience I-1 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Core i7 920 D0 4.2ghz HT (1.3625v) Asus R3E 2xGTX 460 (non SLi, no overclock) 6x2gb G.skill @ 6-8-6-24-1T 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD-VR 300GBx1, 2xWD 1tb,2x60gb Agility Some crappy combo burner... Arch x64 3xDell U2410f rev A02 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
X-Armor U9BL TT Toughpower 1200w (NTB more efficient) Mountain Mods Pinnacle 24 CYO Roccat Kone (R.I.P. A4Tech x7) 
Mouse Pad
Steelpad Experience I-1 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Video Game News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Video Game News › [FPSWin] Why Skyrim Is Just 6GB