Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › First build. I need suggestions/help?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

First build. I need suggestions/help? - Page 3

post #21 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by News View Post
I guess I'll stick with everything I've got then. Again, I appreciate all of the answers. Really helpful.

If I need anything, I'll just post back I suppose.
Here is the same board at ncix for a couple bucks less.
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=611...e&promoid=1363

Sent from my phone...
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #22 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySe7ens View Post
Here is the same board at ncix for a couple bucks less.
http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=611...e&promoid=1363

Sent from my phone...


Looks great. Seems like NCIX is much cheaper than Newegg, so would it be better to shop with them over Newegg?
post #23 of 31
I would shop where ever you can get the best deal. Order some parts from newegg, some for ncix, ect.
Spit in God's Eye
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5960x @ 4.26 ghz core / 3.53 ghz uncore - 1.... AsRock X99 Extreme3 EVGA GTX980 Ti 16gb (4x4gb) Crucial DDR4 2133 CL15  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
A-Data SP600 256gb SSD (C:) Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD (D:) Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive (E:) LITE-ON 24x DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Win 10 x64 HP 2511x ( 25" 1080p ) AZIO L70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 Antec 300 (Modded) Logitech M100 Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
Spit in God's Eye
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-5960x @ 4.26 ghz core / 3.53 ghz uncore - 1.... AsRock X99 Extreme3 EVGA GTX980 Ti 16gb (4x4gb) Crucial DDR4 2133 CL15  
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
A-Data SP600 256gb SSD (C:) Samsung 840 EVO 1TB SSD (D:) Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive (E:) LITE-ON 24x DVDRW 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Corsair H110 Win 10 x64 HP 2511x ( 25" 1080p ) AZIO L70 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Corsair TX750 Antec 300 (Modded) Logitech M100 Onboard 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by News View Post
Looks great. Seems like NCIX is much cheaper than Newegg, so would it be better to shop with them over Newegg?
You can shop where ever you find the parts are cheapest at. Some might be cheaper at newegg then NCIX and etc. If you do order from different sites, Write down what parts you ordered from what website in case you need to contact support regarding a part that was damaged on shipping or anything.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[ Q6600 2.4GHz ] [ ASUS P5K ] [ Radeon HD5830 ] [ 4GB 800MHz ] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[ WD 500GB SATA ] [ DVD Burner/Reader 16x ] [ W7 Ultimate x64 ] [ Viewsonic 19" ] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft [ 600W ] [ Antec 900 ] Microsoft 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
[ Q6600 2.4GHz ] [ ASUS P5K ] [ Radeon HD5830 ] [ 4GB 800MHz ] 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
[ WD 500GB SATA ] [ DVD Burner/Reader 16x ] [ W7 Ultimate x64 ] [ Viewsonic 19" ] 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Microsoft [ 600W ] [ Antec 900 ] Microsoft 
Mouse Pad
Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #25 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdy1337 View Post
You can shop where ever you find the parts are cheapest at. Some might be cheaper at newegg then NCIX and etc. If you do order from different sites, Write down what parts you ordered from what website in case you need to contact support regarding a part that was damaged on shipping or anything.

How often do things end up DOA?

I'm sure nothing will happen though, but I'll be sure to do so. Thanks for the suggestions.
post #26 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by News View Post
How often do things end up DOA?

I'm sure nothing will happen though, but I'll be sure to do so. Thanks for the suggestions.
Occasionally. I have only ever had one item show up doa, after several builds over the years. No one can control the ups guys playing soccer in the back of the truck with your items.

Also I would definitely recommend this psu
http://www.Newegg.com/Product/Produc...tem=17-182-199

There is a combo deal with the case you selected for $90 total making this significantly cheaper before the MIR and still 5$ cheaper after the MIR. it may not be modular, however it is a more efficient unit with more stability and actually can deliver more than the rated specs unlike the fatality psu.

(the fatality psu is rated at Max output under ideal temp conditions iirc, whereas the Rosewill green series is rated at Continuous output @ 40 degrees celsius)

This burner is cheaper with free shipping

http://www.Newegg.com/Product/Produc...tem=27-151-233
Sent from my phone...
Edited by LuckySe7ens - 10/28/11 at 11:25pm
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #27 of 31
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySe7ens View Post
Occasionally. I have only ever had one item show up doa, after several builds over the years. No one can control the ups guys playing soccer in the back of the truck with your items.

Also I would definitely recommend this psu
http://www.Newegg.com/Product/Produc...tem=17-182-199

There is a combo deal with the case you selected for $90 total making this significantly cheaper before the MIR and still 5$ cheaper after the MIR. it may not be modular, however it is a more efficient unit with more stability and actually can deliver more than the rated specs unlike the fatality psu.

(the fatality psu is rated at Max output under ideal temp conditions iirc, whereas the Rosewill green series is rated at Continuous output @ 40 degrees celsius)

This burner is cheaper with free shipping

http://www.Newegg.com/Product/Produc...tem=27-151-233
Sent from my phone...

I chose both. I thank you for all of the help so far, really appreciate it.

As for mail in rebates, how do I get them through Newegg? Do I print them out and send them into them? If so how long until I receive the rebates?
post #28 of 31
I found some ram that is possibly marginally better (lower voltage) with nice heatsinks for less money upfront and even bigger savings AMIR


http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=606...kin%20Enhanced
Sent from my phone...
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by News View Post
I chose both. I thank you for all of the help so far, really appreciate it.

As for mail in rebates, how do I get them through Newegg? Do I print them out and send them into them? If so how long until I receive the rebates?
Well you send the rebate into the manufacturer(ie xfx) , not the etailer (ie newegg) generally you print them out from the link on the website, read them VERY CAREFULLY, because they sometimes refuse to send you your rebate if you do anything wrong. Some have a pre rebate online form to fill out (corsair is this way), but they are all usually time sensitive (within 30dayz of purchase) or so. And they usually require the upc from the box, which is an important thing to consider, since rmas often require the same thing. In other words make sure you have done atleast some minor testing/trouble shooting before sending in the MIR

Sent from my phone...
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySe7ens View Post
I found some ram that is possibly marginally better (lower voltage) with nice heatsinks for less money upfront and even bigger savings AMIR


http://us.ncix.com/products/?sku=606...kin%20Enhanced
Sent from my phone...
Just realized, i get bonus points for these ramsticks since the color goes much better with your current build. (black and blue is now the color scheme)

Sent from my phone...
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
Pre OCN build
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
phenom ii B97 ECS A970M-A AM3+ EVGA GXT 460 2x4gb adata 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
OCZ Vertex 4 Samsung F3 1TB Samsung f3 1tb Samsung HD155UI 
Optical DriveOSMonitorPower
Super Writemaster DVDr Windows 7 Samsung Syncmaster Antec Basiq power 550 + 
Case
Bitfenix Raider 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD - General
Overclock.net › Forums › AMD › AMD - General › First build. I need suggestions/help?