Originally Posted by liljoey112
well ok i really want it to last so i probably will get a 2500k but will the 2500k drop in price once SB-e comes out
I wouldn't wait for a price drop with SB-E. SB-E is an entirely new platform and won't affect the 1155 socket in the slightest. SB-E will be quite expensive and in an enthusiast class. Intel is unlikely to change prices on its current line up much if at all before Ivy Bridge is released, at which time SB will likely drop in prices very briefly before being completely removed from the market.
If you are going to wait then you may as well wait and buy Ivy since you are unlikely to see any price changes in the near future. The only thing that would cause Intel to change it's pricing strategy massively would be a very fast chip from AMD... And we all know how that panned out.
My advice would be buy now. There are no expected price drops in the future for Intel and there will always be something new on the horizon!
EDIT: Sorry, I thought you said you were going to wait for a price drop! I should probably get some sleep soon!
But no, SB-E will not drop the prices on SB.