Originally Posted by derickwm
Meh I think you'll be fine with your X4 and GTX470. If I were you I'd just wait till IB. Seems to be more of a logical upgrade. Unless you want da HUUUUUUUUUUUGE E-Peen
The thing is: if my SLI hack goes wrong before Black Friday. I will probably jump on the i7-2500k.. :|
You bring up a good point, IB isn't too far away - like a year, right?
Originally Posted by blackbalt89
Definitely not worth it for someone like you. You would be much better off waiting for Ivy Bridge and hopping on that.
I was just thinking how the only thing I do is browse forums and play BF3 (maybe an MMORPG called AION, and I rarely make ganking videos). So if BF3 isn't fully optimizing ANY CPU with a 580 used to benchmark, I don't think it's worth it for me to upgrade, til they fix the game I'm playing.
So sorry to ask here, but do you think it's best for me to score a deal during black friday or wait one year (if it is really one year) for IB. Like I said, I'm surviving with what I got (single 470, waiting for PSU + mobo hack + bridge) until they fix BF3. I'm just questioning, if it will fit my budget to get IB in the future.. or just score a deal on a mobo/ram/cpu for under $550.