Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Eurogamer] Nintendo loss big but not gargantuan
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Eurogamer] Nintendo loss big but not gargantuan - Page 5

post #41 of 53
I knew that when I didn't buy a GameCube that would be the downfall of Nintendo.
post #42 of 53
Nintendo really needs to stop rehashing their established IPs and start creating new ones.
My Netbook
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Atom N450 AO532h Intel GMA 3150 2GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD5000BEVT SATA ASUS External Slim DVD±R/RW Drive SDRW-08D1S Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit 10.1" 
  hide details  
Reply
My Netbook
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Atom N450 AO532h Intel GMA 3150 2GB DDR2 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
500GB Western Digital Scorpio Blue WD5000BEVT SATA ASUS External Slim DVD±R/RW Drive SDRW-08D1S Windows 7 Home Premium 32bit 10.1" 
  hide details  
Reply
post #43 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by HanShotFirst
Nintendo really needs to stop rehashing their established IPs and start creating new ones.
You just took the words out of my mouth. Not only Nintendo, but EVERYBODY. I loved Megaman, Mario, Sonic, etc. as a kid, but i just feel bad for the franchises now because they've been milked to bajeesus and back. Put those creative caps on again and start innovating again!

Also, I think Nintendo needs to put a filter on all the crud that's appearing on shelves for their systems. I don't know about you, but if I walk into a videogame store and all I see is a wall of shovelware with maybe 1-2 decent looking things on there, then I'm NOT tempted to buy the system. I'm the kind of buyer that likes to pick up a system once it's been around for a couple of years, though, because I like a nice gamelist with my system. I also think Nintendo should veer towards the SNES mentality where they catered to both the casual and hardcore/niche crowds, but sway more in the direction of the hardcore/niche instead of what they're doing now. Also....just give us a good gamepad for your consoles already!
Ummm....
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti Windforce 8G Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 730 Series Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung DVD R/RW Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro X64 BenQ BL2410 Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Blue, POM keycaps) Seasonic M12D 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC 7H WX Corsair M65 Corsair cloth pad Edifier S330D 
  hide details  
Reply
Ummm....
(16 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
FX 8320 Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3 Gigabyte GTX 660 Ti Windforce 8G Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveOptical DriveCooling
Intel 730 Series Samsung Spinpoint F1 Samsung DVD R/RW Corsair H60 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Windows 7 Pro X64 BenQ BL2410 Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Blue, POM keycaps) Seasonic M12D 850W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Lian Li PC 7H WX Corsair M65 Corsair cloth pad Edifier S330D 
  hide details  
Reply
post #44 of 53
The Nintendo Wii U Looks just as gimmicky as the Wii. a screen on the controller? Why?? Controllers are a bit too easy to break, too. So it'll be a costly mistake.

Imo, Nintendo's future is uncertain unless they get their act together. It also doesn't help that they're rehashing established titles, and dragging their good name down with them.

Not good Nintendo. You used to be cool.
post #45 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsikyoJebus View Post
You just took the words out of my mouth. Not only Nintendo, but EVERYBODY. I loved Megaman, Mario, Sonic, etc. as a kid, but i just feel bad for the franchises now because they've been milked to bajeesus and back. Put those creative caps on again and start innovating again!

Also, I think Nintendo needs to put a filter on all the crud that's appearing on shelves for their systems. I don't know about you, but if I walk into a videogame store and all I see is a wall of shovelware with maybe 1-2 decent looking things on there, then I'm NOT tempted to buy the system. I'm the kind of buyer that likes to pick up a system once it's been around for a couple of years, though, because I like a nice gamelist with my system. I also think Nintendo should veer towards the SNES mentality where they catered to both the casual and hardcore/niche crowds, but sway more in the direction of the hardcore/niche instead of what they're doing now. Also....just give us a good gamepad for your consoles already!
This. I can't stand any new Nintendo games of any sort anymore really, they seem poorly put together and aren't new an innovative at all. They have lost the "magic" so to speak that they had when I was a kid. They've lost their touch of a simply designed game that's addictive, fun and challenging, their formula for success throughout the 80's, 90's, and early 21st century.
Blackout
(26 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 930 EVGA 132-BL-E758 EVGA GeForce GTX 295 Co-op Edition BFG GeForce GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Super Talent Chrome (Eplida Hypers) WD Caviar Black 1TB Caviar Blue Kingston SSDnow V-Series  
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Sony Optiarc DVD w/ Lightscribe EK Supreme HF Full Gold CPU Waterblock Hardware Labs Black Ice GTX 360 Radiator  Gentle Typhonn AP-15 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Black Primochill 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing Swiftech MCP35X Pump/HS/Resevoir combo  Swiftech Epsilon Full Cover GTX 295 Block Swiftech Komodo Full Cover GTX 275 Block 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Arch Linux 64-bit Windows 7 64-bit Professional Dell U2311 A01 Dell 1905FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
IBM Model M Corsair TX850 V2 ABS Canyon 595 Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Destructor Dell 2.1 Speakers  
  hide details  
Reply
Blackout
(26 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsGraphics
Intel Core i7 930 EVGA 132-BL-E758 EVGA GeForce GTX 295 Co-op Edition BFG GeForce GTX 275 
RAMHard DriveHard DriveHard Drive
Super Talent Chrome (Eplida Hypers) WD Caviar Black 1TB Caviar Blue Kingston SSDnow V-Series  
Optical DriveCoolingCoolingCooling
Sony Optiarc DVD w/ Lightscribe EK Supreme HF Full Gold CPU Waterblock Hardware Labs Black Ice GTX 360 Radiator  Gentle Typhonn AP-15 
CoolingCoolingCoolingCooling
Black Primochill 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing Swiftech MCP35X Pump/HS/Resevoir combo  Swiftech Epsilon Full Cover GTX 295 Block Swiftech Komodo Full Cover GTX 275 Block 
OSOSMonitorMonitor
Arch Linux 64-bit Windows 7 64-bit Professional Dell U2311 A01 Dell 1905FP 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
IBM Model M Corsair TX850 V2 ABS Canyon 595 Logitech G500 
Mouse PadAudio
Razer Destructor Dell 2.1 Speakers  
  hide details  
Reply
post #46 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArchLinuxFTW View Post
This. I can't stand any new Nintendo games of any sort anymore really, they seem poorly put together and aren't new an innovative at all. They have lost the "magic" so to speak that they had when I was a kid. They've lost their touch of a simply designed game that's addictive, fun and challenging, their formula for success throughout the 80's, 90's, and early 21st century.
Have you played any Nintendo games recently? They're some of the most well-made games available, with the same clever puzzles and level design that they've employed for the past few decades.

And again, can we please stop throwing words like "innovation" around as if there's any of it in this industry?
post #47 of 53
I want a Pokemon game where I can actually control the Pokemon, might be asking for too much tho Let's just hope things will improve, which I sure it will, even with the Vita, but it will tough, unlike the DS vs PSP battle, as all the PSP had over the DS was an analog stick and better graphics, whereas the DS had dual screens and a touch screen which allowed for more innovative gameplay.

But this time, the 3DS had only 2 screens, one analog stick which does allow some variation in gameplay, and 3D which only allows for that much more innovation in gameplay by that little bit. Whereas, the Vita has touch surfaces, front and back, 2 analogs, better graphics, and a bigger screen, which might lead to more chances of innovation.

Let's just hope Nintendo has some more up their sleeves, as they did with the DS
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6500 @ stock MSI H110i Pro AC Asus GTX 1070 Gaming Strix OC 16Gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1Tb Hitachi 5400RPM 2.5" HDD Intel 540s 240Gb SSD Noctua L9i Windows 10 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
PX2370 Filco Ninja Brown Switches Silverstone 500W SFX-L Gold Silverstone RVZ02 (Non-Windowed) 
MouseAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma Bose Companion II 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 6500 @ stock MSI H110i Pro AC Asus GTX 1070 Gaming Strix OC 16Gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
1Tb Hitachi 5400RPM 2.5" HDD Intel 540s 240Gb SSD Noctua L9i Windows 10 Home Premium 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
PX2370 Filco Ninja Brown Switches Silverstone 500W SFX-L Gold Silverstone RVZ02 (Non-Windowed) 
MouseAudio
Razer DeathAdder Chroma Bose Companion II 
  hide details  
Reply
post #48 of 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox me View Post
Have you played any Nintendo games recently? They're some of the most well-made games available, with the same clever puzzles and level design that they've employed for the past few decades.

And again, can we please stop throwing words like "innovation" around as if there's any of it in this industry?
This^ And I have to say, Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 were absolutely EPIC! No better platforming can be found.
CONSTITUTION
(14 items)
 
VOYAGER
(8 items)
 
EXCELSIOR
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4790k 4.5GHz ASUS Z97 PRO GAMER G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB DDR3 2133MHz (Corsair Force LS SSD 120GB) (WD 2TB)  
Optical DriveOSPowerCase
ASUS DVD-RW  Windows 10 Home Corsair RM650 Black NZXT Source 210  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution  EVGA GTX 680 4GB w/Backplate G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
(Micro Center SSD 60GB) (WD 1TB) Windows 10 Thermaltake Toughpower 750w Rosewill CHALLENGER  
  hide details  
Reply
CONSTITUTION
(14 items)
 
VOYAGER
(8 items)
 
EXCELSIOR
(8 items)
 
CPUMotherboardRAMHard Drive
Intel Core i7 4790k 4.5GHz ASUS Z97 PRO GAMER G.SKILL Ripjaws X 16GB DDR3 2133MHz (Corsair Force LS SSD 120GB) (WD 2TB)  
Optical DriveOSPowerCase
ASUS DVD-RW  Windows 10 Home Corsair RM650 Black NZXT Source 210  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Core i7 2600k ASUS P8P67 WS Revolution  EVGA GTX 680 4GB w/Backplate G.SKILL Ripjaws X 8GB DDR3 1600MHz 
Hard DriveOSPowerCase
(Micro Center SSD 60GB) (WD 1TB) Windows 10 Thermaltake Toughpower 750w Rosewill CHALLENGER  
  hide details  
Reply
post #49 of 53
Japan just had a major 6 sigma currency intervention on usd/jpy to try to generate sales and exports.
Goofy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 4850e 2.4Ghz 22 watts 1.1v 1500HT 300FSB Gigabyte GA-M78SM-S2H What I'm Testing 2 2gb Geil PC6400 960MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 160gb SATA-II Pioneer DVR 111D Redhat Core 12 x86_64, Windows XP HANNspree 20" 1600x900 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitec Premium Desktop Mini-Box M3-ATX 120 Watt DC-DC Spire Logitec 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac 
  hide details  
Reply
Goofy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 4850e 2.4Ghz 22 watts 1.1v 1500HT 300FSB Gigabyte GA-M78SM-S2H What I'm Testing 2 2gb Geil PC6400 960MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 160gb SATA-II Pioneer DVR 111D Redhat Core 12 x86_64, Windows XP HANNspree 20" 1600x900 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitec Premium Desktop Mini-Box M3-ATX 120 Watt DC-DC Spire Logitec 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac 
  hide details  
Reply
post #50 of 53
Yay, more Mario. So excited.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [Eurogamer] Nintendo loss big but not gargantuan