Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Proper PhysX card for...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Proper PhysX card for... - Page 2

post #11 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post
What I said was The Faster your Primary GPU the faster Physx Card you need to keep up with it. Would you use a GT8600 with two GTX580's in SLI? No that would actually hinder your 580's. It would be better to let the 580s do physx instead and that would yeld better results, why do you think? Its been proven, go ask around the community or do a little research next time before you open your mouth without understanding half of the argument.
You see, I didn't understand your point until you wrote it like this.

From you first said, I thought you meant if you don't have a fast enough physx card, your overall FPS will drop.
The AMD machine
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055t @ 3.8 GHZ Asus M4A79XTD EVO XFX Radeon 6850 1GB OCed G.Skill Ripsaw 16 GB (2x8GB) 1512 mhz @ 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
|WD Caviar Black 640GB|Seagate Barracudas 2TB X2| Lite-On Black 24X DVD Burner Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" das Keyboard Model S Brown  OCZ Fatal1ty 550W PSU Coolermaster Storm Scout 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor DeathAdder Narlyfish 
  hide details  
Reply
The AMD machine
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II X6 1055t @ 3.8 GHZ Asus M4A79XTD EVO XFX Radeon 6850 1GB OCed G.Skill Ripsaw 16 GB (2x8GB) 1512 mhz @ 7-8-7-24 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
|WD Caviar Black 640GB|Seagate Barracudas 2TB X2| Lite-On Black 24X DVD Burner Cooler Master Hyper 212+ Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" das Keyboard Model S Brown  OCZ Fatal1ty 550W PSU Coolermaster Storm Scout 
MouseMouse Pad
Razor DeathAdder Narlyfish 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zackcy View Post
You see, I didn't understand your point until you wrote it like this.

From you first said, I thought you meant if you don't have a fast enough physx card, your overall FPS will drop.


glad I could at least I get my point across. lol thats going straight to my signature
post #13 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post


at least I got my point across. lol thats going straight to my signature
Hahahahahahah

But srsly.
Galaxy GTX 460 Single slot would be a good choice...
Mishra
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K ASUS Maximus Hero VIII ASUS GTX 1070 Strix  Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2x4GB 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate 2x Acer S230hldrbd 23' LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KB Paradise V60 CoolerMaster Slient Pro 850w Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Window Edition Steelseries Rival Fade 
  hide details  
Reply
Mishra
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K ASUS Maximus Hero VIII ASUS GTX 1070 Strix  Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2x4GB 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate 2x Acer S230hldrbd 23' LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KB Paradise V60 CoolerMaster Slient Pro 850w Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Window Edition Steelseries Rival Fade 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post

What I said was The Faster your Primary GPU the faster Physx Card you need to keep up with it.
Is there proof that there is a benefit from a faster PhysX card after a certain level of performance? i.e. Would a GTX560 provide better performance than 9800GTX+ on a 3xSLI GTX580 ?
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
Once again...
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 [4.28GHz, HT] Asus P6T + Broadcom NetXtreme II VisionTek HD5850 [900/1200] + Galaxy GT240 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaw X [1632 MHz] 
Hard DriveOSMonitorKeyboard
Intel X25-M 160GB + 3xRAID0 500GB 7200.12 Window 7 Pro 64 Acer H243H + Samsung 226BW XARMOR-U9BL  
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec Truepower New 750W Li Lian PC-V2100 [10x120mm fans] Logitech G9 X-Trac Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Doe View Post
Wrong. I wouldn't use a 8600 GT for PhysX with anything because it's just weak. However, I'd use a GT 430 with whatever SLi setup I have. The only thing that's proven in this thread is your nonsense. Look at those results, bottom ones are all the same between 260 SLi and 260 + 240 PhysX. Then see the top result? 260 Tri-SLi with GT 240 beats 260 Tri-SLi, so no, it's clear that you're the one who doesn't understand prospects of PhysX.
You are proving yourself wrong in your own argument which is flawd

And why is that card weak? Did you notice the number of shader processors on that on that? Why do you think the 430 would benefit more? Because it has MOAR shader processors. Now if you used a 460 with with two 580's then your performance on Physx Enabled games would be Higher than using a GT240. Get it?

Your understanding is poor, Seriously Go do some research, The Faster Primary Cards You Got, The Faster Physx Card You Need To Get.
Its been Proven. Example On Mafia 2 You Benifit having a GTX260 as Physx Card Than a GT240.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDewMadOScar View Post
Hahahahahahah

But srsly.
Galaxy GTX 460 Single slot would be a good choice...
It would if it wasn't priced so high.( at least last time I checked it)



Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Is there proof that there is a benefit from a faster PhysX card after a certain level of performance? i.e. Would a GTX560 provide better performance than 9800GTX+ on a 3xSLI GTX580 ?
Reasonable? Nope, Not after a certain level of performance.
But Would a GTX560(non Ti) = GTX460(336 Cuda Core) Yield better results in High - Physx Enabled Games such as Mafia 2 or Batman AA over a 9800GTX(112 Cuda Core)?
Yes I believe so.
Edited by TheBirdman74 - 10/31/11 at 8:03pm
post #16 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post
It would if it wasn't priced so high.( at least last time I checked it)
I know, but I love the idea so much
Unlike Galaxy's Wireless GTX 460..
Mishra
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K ASUS Maximus Hero VIII ASUS GTX 1070 Strix  Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2x4GB 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate 2x Acer S230hldrbd 23' LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KB Paradise V60 CoolerMaster Slient Pro 850w Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Window Edition Steelseries Rival Fade 
  hide details  
Reply
Mishra
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K ASUS Maximus Hero VIII ASUS GTX 1070 Strix  Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2x4GB 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate 2x Acer S230hldrbd 23' LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KB Paradise V60 CoolerMaster Slient Pro 850w Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Window Edition Steelseries Rival Fade 
  hide details  
Reply
post #17 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post
And why is that card weak? Did you notice the number of shader processors on that on that? Why do you think the 430 would benefit more? Because it has MOAR shader processors. Now if you used a 460 with with two 580's then your performance on Physx Enabled games would be Higher than using a GT240. Get it?

Your understanding is poor, Seriously Go do some research, The Faster Primary Cards You Got, The Faster Physx Card You Need To Get.
Its been Proven. Example On Mafia 2 You Benifit having a GTX260 as Physx Card Than a GT240.
No, it wouldn't because the GT240 IS powerful enough for PhysX. In fact, the GT 240 is one of the best choices for PhysX due to it's low profile. You do not need to get a faster PhysX card for faster graphics because they're seperated. Period. Mafia is an exception due to heavier APEX instructions (Vegatiation, Clothing). In Batman or other titles, you'll see no difference between any sufficiently PhysX capable card on any setup. Read this thread.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/sh...ighlight=physx
eBay Hunt
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5640 X58 UD9 Four GTX 470's 3X2 GB Reaper 1866's 
Hard DriveMonitorPower
VRap 600 GB HP P1230 Real Power Pro 1250/Teapo's on the secondary 
  hide details  
Reply
eBay Hunt
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Xeon E5640 X58 UD9 Four GTX 470's 3X2 GB Reaper 1866's 
Hard DriveMonitorPower
VRap 600 GB HP P1230 Real Power Pro 1250/Teapo's on the secondary 
  hide details  
Reply
post #18 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainDewMadOScar View Post
I know, but I love the idea so much
Unlike Galaxy's Wireless GTX 460..
A Wireless GTX460!!

Seriously, Get one!


You know I wish graphics cards wouldn't get that hot and we could keep that all single slot with reasonable temps without going under water.
post #19 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBirdman74 View Post
A Wireless GTX460!!

Seriously, Get one!


You know I wish graphics cards wouldn't get that hot and we could keep that all single slot with reasonable temps without going under water.
Wireless ;D

And yeah. I miss that as well.
Mishra
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K ASUS Maximus Hero VIII ASUS GTX 1070 Strix  Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2x4GB 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate 2x Acer S230hldrbd 23' LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KB Paradise V60 CoolerMaster Slient Pro 850w Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Window Edition Steelseries Rival Fade 
  hide details  
Reply
Mishra
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K ASUS Maximus Hero VIII ASUS GTX 1070 Strix  Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2x4GB 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate 2x Acer S230hldrbd 23' LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KB Paradise V60 CoolerMaster Slient Pro 850w Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Window Edition Steelseries Rival Fade 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Doe View Post
No, it wouldn't because the GT240 IS powerful enough for PhysX. In fact, the GT 240 is one of the best choices for PhysX due to it's low profile. You do not need to get a faster PhysX card for faster graphics because they're seperated. Period. Mafia is an exception due to heavier APEX instructions (Vegatiation, Clothing). In Batman or other titles, you'll see no difference between any sufficiently PhysX capable card on any setup. Read this thread.

http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/sh...ighlight=physx
According to you, Then why not use a 8600GT? There is only a handful of PhysX Games so dont give me the Mafia 2 and Batman AA exception crap, the future Physx Games might be more heavy, but thats not the point. My Point is that a 240GT is better and gives more FPS in Physx enabled games because it has 96 Cuda Cores compared to a 8600Gt which has 32 Cuda Cores. So do you not think a card with over 216 Cuda Cores (GTX 260) would yield better performance than the 240.

And yes they are Separated, Thats not the point. I am not saying they aren't! The card has to do the calculations, Thats why a 240GT with has 96 Cuda Cores benefits MOAR than a 8600GT 32 Cuda Core.
Edited by TheBirdman74 - 10/31/11 at 8:17pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › Proper PhysX card for...