Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Should i do this?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Should i do this? - Page 2

post #11 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post
590GTX or 570 GTX SLI
Niether of those are an upgrade from his current setup.

OP, is there any reason you want to "upgrade"? Are there issues with the way its running right now? Heat?
post #12 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49 View Post
Niether of those are an upgrade from his current setup.

OP, is there any reason you want to "upgrade"? Are there issues with the way its running right now? Heat?
Wll i think yes

http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforc...-sli-review/11

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/gra...i_4.html#sect0

But looking at Power Consumption I prefer HD5970 , He must look at HD 6970 Cfx o wait for next Gen of AMD and Nvidia
http://www.guru3d.com/article/geforc...-sli-review/13

http://www.guru3d.com/article/radeon...review-test/10
post #13 of 17
Get the gtx 590 now, and when you get your bank back to normal pick up another one.
A HD 6990 could also be an option.
Gaming System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k - 4.2GHz GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H EVGA gtx 960 SSC GAMING ACX 2.0+ 12GB 1600 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Gateway HD2200 2x Acer G235H Corsair TX750w Coolermaster HAF 912 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming System
(14 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k - 4.2GHz GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H EVGA gtx 960 SSC GAMING ACX 2.0+ 12GB 1600 
MonitorMonitorPowerCase
Gateway HD2200 2x Acer G235H Corsair TX750w Coolermaster HAF 912 
Mouse
Logitech G700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #14 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post
Wll i think yes
He has a tri-fire setup, not a single 5970. His build is roughly similar to tri-sli 470's in GPU power. Otherwise I would say you are correct. I can't see any particular reason to get rid of what he has for a single or two-card setup especially for the price he will pay for little to no gain especially since in just a few months we will see the next generation of cards coming out.
post #15 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion49 View Post
He has a tri-fire setup, not a single 5970. His build is roughly similar to tri-sli 470's in GPU power. Otherwise I would say you are correct. I can't see any particular reason to get rid of what he has for a single or two-card setup especially for the price he will pay for little to no gain especially since in just a few months we will see the next generation of cards coming out.
Sorry I saw only 1 HD 5970 on his Rig
post #16 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by PontiacGTX View Post
Sorry I saw only 1 HD 5970 on his Rig
I thought that at first too, I had to read it twice to make sure
post #17 of 17
Keep what you got for now. Your easily doing well in games currently. Play the waiting game. No reason to dump money into new cards when pricing will drop (hopefully) on current gen cards shortly after.

The next gen cards come out in two-four months time span. Wait for some reviews to start to trickle in and go from there. Re-access your choices and get the best options that's moving forward in upgrade.

It's like buying a 2011 car for normal price when the 2012 are a couple months away.

My
     
  hide details  
Reply
     
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Graphics Cards - General
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › Graphics Cards - General › Should i do this?