Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › My new Asus GTX 570 DCU II OC / Bios Update
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My new Asus GTX 570 DCU II OC / Bios Update

post #1 of 32
Thread Starter 
Replaced my Zotac Amp! GTX 570 with this card. Noticed they have an official bios update and I am having a problem updating/flashing bios. Getting this error... "Your graphic card of current system don't match this VBIOS." Could it be that my bios up to date? According to GPU-Z my bios version is 70.10.38.00.03. Went ahead and called Asus but they are still verifying with their engineers as they don't know what the latest bios revision is. Any info is much appreciated.

Anyway. I went ahead and oced this card. Kombustor did fine at 850/1700/2100 @ 1050mv but I am crashing in BF3/WoW. Testing it now with 850/1700/2100 @ 1075mv frown.gif What do you guys think?
Edited by ukic - 11/1/11 at 6:58pm
post #2 of 32
I have the exact same card and im getting the same error when I try to update with the GTX570BIOS update from the Asus site "Your Graphic card of current system dont match this VBIOS". I have found very little information on Google, but from what i have read it's a voltage problem when running DX11 games and alot of people are having it with the 500 series cards. Im considering flashing my vbios but I have never done it before I already flashed my mobo bios this did nothing. I'm pretty mad and almost want to RMA the card while I still can. Any information you have on a workaround or a way to get the update to recognize my video card would be greatly appreciated! also this is my system setup in the process of rebuilding:

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 3.00GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory:
4000MB RAM
Hard Drive:
150 GB @ 10,000 RPM
Video Card
Asus GTX 570 direct CUII
Motherboard:
ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard
Computer Case:
Antec Nine Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
post #3 of 32
Thread Starter 
I just installed the latest bios available from asus website. I did get the same error "Your graphic card of current system don't match this VBIOS." but was easily fixed by forcing the flash using nvflash -4 -5 -6 bios.rom as suggested from a different site smile.gif
post #4 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by ukic;15539652 
I just installed the latest bios available from asus website. I did get the same error "Your graphic card of current system don't match this VBIOS." but was easily fixed by forcing the flash using nvflash -4 -5 -6 bios.rom as suggested from a different site smile.gif

Can you link me please? I just crashed out of bf3 again, this problem is very annoying. I set the voltage to 1.03 and this did nothing. also you forced the nvidia gtx 570 update or a new bios? i cant find gtx 570 bios anywhere
post #5 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy McNulty;15539681 
Can you link me please? I just crashed out of bf3 again, this problem is very annoying. I set the voltage to 1.03 and this did nothing. also you forced the nvidia gtx 570 update or a new bios? i cant find gtx 570 bios anywhere

I just reverted back to my orig bios as I still am crashing with BF3. I just got this card today and I am still trying to find stable clocks for it...
post #6 of 32
I don't understand why the update wont recognize the 570. their must be a way to force the update to recognize the 570 because others who get the update to work fixed this problem I have been fighting this problem since the day bf3 came out im sick of it. Alot of people are having this issue and asus has made no comment. I think im going to RMA it and leave bad feedback on newegg, thats seems to be the only way to really get a manufacturers attention
post #7 of 32
Unless I can find a fix for this within the next few days im going to RMA and go with the MSI or EVGA 570 as from what i can tell this is an ASUS specific issue. sad i never had a problem with asus before this card looked so promising too frown.gif
post #8 of 32
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy McNulty;15539890 
Unless I can find a fix for this within the next few days im going to RMA and go with the MSI or EVGA 570 as from what i can tell this is an ASUS specific issue. sad i never had a problem with asus before this card looked so promising too frown.gif

This is my 2nd Gtx 570, coming from zotac amp! it's the same exact problem... very unstable with dx11 games frown.gif
post #9 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy McNulty;15539890 
Unless I can find a fix for this within the next few days im going to RMA and go with the MSI or EVGA 570 as from what i can tell this is an ASUS specific issue. sad i never had a problem with asus before this card looked so promising too frown.gif

Why you don`t just add more juice? I`have 850/1700/2100@1,075v bf3 stable clocks. Some cards just oc better, but i`m happy with those clocks, and temps are excellent.

edit. my bad, you allready did that, so RMA is next step if you dont get it stable.
Edited by siffonen - 11/1/11 at 11:52pm
post #10 of 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by siffonen;15540024 
Why you don`t just add more juice? I`have 850/1700/2100@1,075v bf3 stable clocks. Some cards just oc better, but i`m happy with those clocks, and temps are excellent.

I had the card running at 1.075 the game was stable for a few hours then went back to crashing every 10-20 minutes. The real problem is the asus gtx 570 update that wont recognize my vga card its strange cuz i have an asus rampage mobo. im willing to try anything at this point i have flashed mobo drivers, reinstalled windows, upped voltage even under clocked. Im at witts end if this problem cant be fixed in 2 days im going to rma and purchase the msi 570 i want to have a working pc before skyrim
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › My new Asus GTX 570 DCU II OC / Bios Update