Originally Posted by cbr600
I have overclocked AMD cpus for years but I am really overwhelmed. I have read just about ever guide around here and some say to turn this power saving off and some say not to. I also see to not use the load line calibration thing or whatever it is and others say to. I also see this offset voltage that people talk about some say yes some say no who do I listen to. Just looking for some help of what I should be really turning off for my set up and what should be on. Also what guide to really read and understand thanks.
What you will have to do depends on your CPU, and how far you want to overclock it.
1. Leave on SpeedStep
2. I haven't found any issues with LLC. Just make sure you watch your vcore if you are changing between LLC settings.
3. Offset voltage is great. At idle your CPU will use less voltage, and at load it'll have enough voltage to keep it stable. However, it takes a decent amount of tweaking to get the offset just right.
4. Most settings you should be able to leave set to auto.
5. Make sure you up the power limits on your board to prevent throttling.
6. Make sure you enjoy your new CPU, and keep an eye on your vcore and temps.