Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [TPU] AMD Fails to Halt S3 Graphics Patent Lawsuit Against Apple
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[TPU] AMD Fails to Halt S3 Graphics Patent Lawsuit Against Apple - Page 3

post #21 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden911 View Post
Tru.

their main target is the mainstream market segment where their APU showcase the best of both worlds that Intel has struggled to bring out. The mainstream is an important segment to gain market share.
Nvidia is winning discrete graphic card market share (55-45), but I don't think AMD cares too much becuase honestly, discrete graphics sales have been going down continuously. Its going to be a dying market. AMD does however supply graphics for apple, consoles, and 3 upcoming unreleased consoles, and have made a lot of headway with llano. If Trinity delivers, it will be a big hit for AMD.

Its not here yet but eventually IGP's will replace low end discrete graphics cards, and high end discrete graphics will be a very niche market. I don't think there's a scenario here where AMD fails.
post #22 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardv View Post
No, AMD is loosing the war in the processor market, as well in the graphic card market.

Their partnership with Apple is critical for their future.
Not sure if I should feed the troll.
Mishra
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K ASUS Maximus Hero VIII ASUS GTX 1070 Strix  Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2x4GB 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate 2x Acer S230hldrbd 23' LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KB Paradise V60 CoolerMaster Slient Pro 850w Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Window Edition Steelseries Rival Fade 
  hide details  
Reply
Mishra
(12 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 6700K ASUS Maximus Hero VIII ASUS GTX 1070 Strix  Corsair Vengeance 8GB 2x4GB 3000Mhz 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
Kingston HyperX Savage 240GB Corsair H100 Windows 7 Ultimate 2x Acer S230hldrbd 23' LED 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
KB Paradise V60 CoolerMaster Slient Pro 850w Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Acrylic Window Edition Steelseries Rival Fade 
  hide details  
Reply
post #23 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3RG View Post
What? AMD is dominating the graphics industry. Their chips will be in all 3 future consoles and their pc gpus are quickly growing in popularity.

Intel gpus have been garbage for the past decade and while Nvidia has a larger market share they are losing ground to AMD.

EDIT: Also they're gaining ground in the processer market over Intel.

http://www.computerworld.com/s/artic...er_Intel_in_Q3
those statistic ... they include IGP , if you wanna know.. Intel has the largest market share this year because of sandybridge, does it mean ppl use the IGP to game ? No. Many ppl have SB and dedicated GFX card ... like most of us on OCN. AMD has a larger market share over Nvidia because of Llano and Brazos, so in fact its just 50/50 between Nvidia and AMD when we talk about dedicated Gfx card. And mmmh no AMD isnt gaining ground in the processor market. Faildozer is Fail.
post #24 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
Faildozer is Fail.
Incorrect. "Faildozer" only fails because it is incapable of capturing the high-end performance that OCN craves. However, at a "normal person" desktop level, Bulldozer is a fantastic architecture that gives Intel's i3 SB platform a run for its money, especially considering $/performance and performance/watt.
post #25 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by mad0314 View Post
Losing or winning, no company would throw away a partnership. It has nothing to do with the CPU or GPU market. The quote you quoted is correct. Apple is getting sued on parts made by AMD, and AMD is trying to stop it for obvious reasons, not just because it wants to "remain Apple's partner because its losing the processor and graphics market."
Except that you're wrong.
AiryBox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Desktar 7200RPM 1TB Samsung 830 128GB Corsair H100i W10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" Qpad Mk-50 Cherry MX Red CM V700 NZXT H440 
  hide details  
Reply
AiryBox
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i7 3770k Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD5H Sapphire 7950 Vapor-X Corsair Vengeance 8GB 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
Hitachi Desktar 7200RPM 1TB Samsung 830 128GB Corsair H100i W10 Pro 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
BenQ 24" Qpad Mk-50 Cherry MX Red CM V700 NZXT H440 
  hide details  
Reply
post #26 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardv View Post
No, AMD is loosing the war in the processor market, as well in the graphic card market.

Their partnership with Apple is critical for their future.
Dude.. hater going to hate, much?

AMD's graphics, booming. AMD's mobile, booming. AMD's processor, price/performance doing very well. They however are far away from having the most powerful processors.

Stop with the blinded hate and incorrect statements.
post #27 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkBlade6 View Post
those statistic ... they include IGP , if you wanna know.. Intel has the largest market share this year because of sandybridge, does it mean ppl use the IGP to game ? No. Many ppl have SB and dedicated GFX card ... like most of us on OCN. AMD has a larger market share over Nvidia because of Llano and Brazos, so in fact its just 50/50 between Nvidia and AMD when we talk about dedicated Gfx card. And mmmh no AMD isnt gaining ground in the processor market. Faildozer is Fail.
Ok let me break it down for you.

NVidia vs AMD (graphics):
NVidia has more market share but AMD is rapidly eating that marketshare up and has been for a couple years.

AMD vs Intel:
Try reading the article?
Both Bulldozer and I7 desktop cpus make up the top 1% of cpu's. If Intel dropped the 2600k and 2700k they wouldn't even notice they were missing. Just because Bulldozer didn't do as well as expected means very little to AMD (yes it hurt them, but not as much as you would think).

AMD is making huge amounts of money off their Llano cpu's.
 
x6 Folder
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8 w/ 1.31v watercooled Gigabyte z77x-UD3H Powercolor 290x w/ EK full cover G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz cl9 4x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
128gb Samsung 830 + Seagate 4tb, Seagate 1tb, W... DVD RW Rasa loop w/ RX120 and RS240 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x 27" PCBANK 1440p, 1x 21" 1600x1200 Syncmaster Leopold 10keyless w/ red switches XFX 750w Black Edition CM Stacker 830 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5 SteelSeries QCK Fiio E10 USB DAC+AMP | ATH-M50 | JVC HARX700 
  hide details  
Reply
 
x6 Folder
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k @ 4.8 w/ 1.31v watercooled Gigabyte z77x-UD3H Powercolor 290x w/ EK full cover G.Skill Ripjaws 2133mhz cl9 4x4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
128gb Samsung 830 + Seagate 4tb, Seagate 1tb, W... DVD RW Rasa loop w/ RX120 and RS240 Windows 7 Professional 64-bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
2x 27" PCBANK 1440p, 1x 21" 1600x1200 Syncmaster Leopold 10keyless w/ red switches XFX 750w Black Edition CM Stacker 830 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Logitech G5 SteelSeries QCK Fiio E10 USB DAC+AMP | ATH-M50 | JVC HARX700 
  hide details  
Reply
post #28 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eduardv View Post
No, AMD is loosing the war in the processor market, .
That's their enthusiast market, yo. They're actually doing quite well in mainstream. Besides, an 8-core 4.2Ghz processor sounds really good to the average joe.
manako
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ASUS Sabertooth X99 GTX 980 Ti Hybrid 16GB 2400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
240GB PNY H100i Win 10  Dell U3415w 
KeyboardPowerCase
Razer Blackwidow 2013 EVGA 1000 G2 Fractal Define S 
  hide details  
Reply
manako
(11 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
5820k ASUS Sabertooth X99 GTX 980 Ti Hybrid 16GB 2400 
Hard DriveCoolingOSMonitor
240GB PNY H100i Win 10  Dell U3415w 
KeyboardPowerCase
Razer Blackwidow 2013 EVGA 1000 G2 Fractal Define S 
  hide details  
Reply
post #29 of 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by G3RG View Post
Ok let me break it down for you.

NVidia vs AMD (graphics):
NVidia has more market share but AMD is rapidly eating that marketshare up and has been for a couple years.

AMD vs Intel:
Try reading the article?
Both Bulldozer and I7 desktop cpus make up the top 1% of cpu's. If Intel dropped the 2600k and 2700k they wouldn't even notice they were missing. Just because Bulldozer didn't do as well as expected means very little to AMD (yes it hurt them, but not as much as you would think).

AMD is making huge amounts of money off their Llano cpu's.
Is that just Sandybridge or does it include Nehalem/Westmere? i7's can be any of those 3?
Edited by czin125 - 11/2/11 at 5:44pm
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6850 evga 680i a1 XFX 5770 11.7_Drivers_Aug15-2011) 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
320 GB SATA Windows 7 Ultimate x86 22inch display 1680x1050 750W Silverstone 
Case
antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
My System
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
E6850 evga 680i a1 XFX 5770 11.7_Drivers_Aug15-2011) 4GB DDR2 800 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
320 GB SATA Windows 7 Ultimate x86 22inch display 1680x1050 750W Silverstone 
Case
antec 900 
  hide details  
Reply
post #30 of 43
This has gone from the apple thing to AMD vs Nvidia and AMD vs intel thing.
The statement that one poster wrote was completely wrong AMD is not loosing in any of them,maybe they are but it has grown a lot in the last few years and it keeps growing,I'm talking about the graphics market not cpu which has also grown a lot but it's different.

I don't think I need to respond to that anymore cause many have done it already.

I really had no idea about this apple thing I just found out,I wonder how this will turn out.
 
Pumpkin_Smasher
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 1.25 V Asus Sabertooth z77 TUF Series Zotac Geforce GTX 780 Ti OC version Triple Sile... Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 256gb SSD WD Caviar Black 500GB Sata II WD Caviar Green 1TB Sata II Toshiba DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Deepcool Gamerstorm Assasin Windows 8.1 Pro x64 32' inch Phillips Led TV Logitech G105 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Sentey Solid Power SDP-750 750W NZXT Phantom 410 Black Wireless Genius  Onboard  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @ 4.0 GHz 1.49 VID ASUS M5A99X EVO 990x AM3+ Sapphire 7950 OC DUAL-X(950MHZ EDITION) @1200/1475 8GB(4x2GB) Mushkin Blackline Radioactive 1600MH... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 256GB WD Caviar Black 500GB More older WD Caviar Toshiba DVD BURNER 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Schyte Orochi Windows 7 ultimate x64-bit LG W2243s 22'' 1080p General electric multimedia keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Sentey Solid Power SDP 750-ss 750W(+12v-62A) 80... Chenming 601 full tower modded Genius Wireless Realtek Onboard 
Other
Thermaltake fans 
  hide details  
Reply
 
Pumpkin_Smasher
(18 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel i5 3570k @ 4.5 1.25 V Asus Sabertooth z77 TUF Series Zotac Geforce GTX 780 Ti OC version Triple Sile... Corsair Vengeance 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 256gb SSD WD Caviar Black 500GB Sata II WD Caviar Green 1TB Sata II Toshiba DVD Burner 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Deepcool Gamerstorm Assasin Windows 8.1 Pro x64 32' inch Phillips Led TV Logitech G105 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Sentey Solid Power SDP-750 750W NZXT Phantom 410 Black Wireless Genius  Onboard  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Phenom II x6 1055T @ 4.0 GHz 1.49 VID ASUS M5A99X EVO 990x AM3+ Sapphire 7950 OC DUAL-X(950MHZ EDITION) @1200/1475 8GB(4x2GB) Mushkin Blackline Radioactive 1600MH... 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 256GB WD Caviar Black 500GB More older WD Caviar Toshiba DVD BURNER 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Schyte Orochi Windows 7 ultimate x64-bit LG W2243s 22'' 1080p General electric multimedia keyboard 
PowerCaseMouseAudio
Sentey Solid Power SDP 750-ss 750W(+12v-62A) 80... Chenming 601 full tower modded Genius Wireless Realtek Onboard 
Other
Thermaltake fans 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Hardware News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Hardware News › [TPU] AMD Fails to Halt S3 Graphics Patent Lawsuit Against Apple