Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › EVGA GTX 570 HD Flashing
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

EVGA GTX 570 HD Flashing

post #1 of 14
Thread Starter 
I have taken a few more steps into OC'ing my 570 and now I need more voltage I have all the needed programs for flashing but Fermi BIOS Editor 1.55.2 wont read my BIOS I made sure I saved it right as a ROM file type but it just keeps on saying "Unsupported Device". Anybody ever have this problem and know a fix for it?
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung SM951 256GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate 500GB SHDD Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung SM951 256GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate 500GB SHDD Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #2 of 14
Use Nibitor.

I had trouble with FBE and my DCII bios. Editing my volts with FBE screwed my SLI each time .... dont know why but editing with Nibitor fixed it.

I can now bench with 1.2v.

Use NVflash to backup your Bios
nvflash -b backup.rom

Then edit, save to another name like super.rom

Flash
nvflash -5 -6 super.rom ( -4 -5 -6 can be needed but not alwais. If the eprom say he is protected, use : nvflash --protectoff)

if your not SLI, these command can work. If you are you need to use nvflash --list to know wich card is wich slot, then ise nvflash -i0 or -i1 then the command.( or any number).
post #3 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulard83 View Post
Use Nibitor.

I had trouble with FBE and my DCII bios. Editing my volts with FBE screwed my SLI each time .... dont know why but editing with Nibitor fixed it.

I can now bench with 1.2v.

Use NVflash to backup your Bios
nvflash -b backup.rom

Then edit, save to another name like super.rom

Flash
nvflash -5 -6 super.rom ( -4 -5 -6 can be needed but not alwais. If the eprom say he is protected, use : nvflash --protectoff)

if your not SLI, these command can work. If you are you need to use nvflash --list to know wich card is wich slot, then ise nvflash -i0 or -i1 then the command.( or any number).
I tried using 6.0.2 but it wont let me use clockrates or voltages. I have already entered my BIOS into its database so it will recognize it.
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung SM951 256GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate 500GB SHDD Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung SM951 256GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate 500GB SHDD Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #4 of 14
With Nibitor, use "tools" then Fermi volts or Fermi Clocks.
post #5 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulard83 View Post
With Nibitor, use "tools" then Fermi volts or Fermi Clocks.
Ok I did that, I set it the maximum voltage 1.213 do I click rescan BIOS?
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung SM951 256GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate 500GB SHDD Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung SM951 256GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate 500GB SHDD Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #6 of 14
Save the bios.

then flash with nvflash
post #7 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulard83 View Post
Save the bios.

then flash with nvflash
Thats it? It seemed like there would be a lot more to do...
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung SM951 256GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate 500GB SHDD Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung SM951 256GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate 500GB SHDD Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #8 of 14
Yeah.

That "basic" is to backup bios with nvflash.
Edit your bios with nibitor to what you want, for me its unlocking higher volts. Save as.
Then flash to GPU with nvflash.
post #9 of 14
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulard83 View Post
Yeah.

That "basic" is to backup bios with nvflash.
Edit your bios with nibitor to what you want, for me its unlocking higher volts. Save as.
Then flash to GPU with nvflash.
One last thing I want to change my stock clock from 797MHz to 800MHz and the memory from 1950 to 2000 how do I do this?
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung SM951 256GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate 500GB SHDD Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
Reply
     
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
Intel i7 6700HQ Nvidia GTX 970m 8GB's Micron DDR4 2133 Samsung SM951 256GB m.2 SSD 
Hard DriveOSAudio
Seagate 500GB SHDD Windows 10 Enterprise x64 Soundblaster X-Fi 5 
  hide details  
Reply
post #10 of 14


New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: NVIDIA
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › NVIDIA › EVGA GTX 570 HD Flashing