How to: Reset folder file type associations and default execution protocols !
When your Folders start to open up with applications you may not want them too then heres a simple fix on how to restore there defaults and default execution protocols.
1. Go into ''Control panel''
2. Locate the Icon Folder Options and double click on it.
3. Once you have entered go to the tab named ''File types''
4. You will not be presented with all the File types currently on your system and there association to other programs.
5. To change the specified ''File type'' to its default program association, Highlight the File type you wish to change and click the button ''Advanced'' As shown below
6. You will now be presented with another Window. Within here hit ''Set default '', When you do this it will set what the Default execution of the program will be for example ''Open'' as shown below.
Now If you wish to choose which application a File type responds to when its asked to open then do all the above to STEP 5
Once you have done that highlight the File extension you wish to change and then hit the button named ''Change''. From here you will be presented with a list of suitable programs that can be used to open that particular file extension. You are now free to choose any program you wish to use to open up that file extension. As shown in the 2 pictures below.
Changing program used :
Hope this helps.