Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Asus DCII 6950
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Asus DCII 6950 - Page 3

post #21 of 24
Some of the new HD 6950 DCII are laser cut (which means you can't flash but its on some other cards), just try the post above and see if it works...
post #22 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1649;15591054 
You should used "atiflash" to flash the BIOS. Copry the 6970 BIOS to a bootable USB drive.

See where to download and how to do it here http://www.overclock.net/amd-ati/1070678-unlock-oc-6950-tf3-twin-frozr.html

I don't understand in the link what I have to put in the bootable usb.

PS: sorry for my english
post #23 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE I ReD;15595224 
Some of the new HD 6950 DCII are laser cut (which means you can't flash but its on some other cards), just try the post above and see if it works...

How would you know if it's laser cut, would GPU-Z still display '1536' even though they're no longer there or would it not unlock/still display 1408?
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMoNNe;15595906 
I don't understand in the link what I have to put in the bootable usb.

PS: sorry for my english

I used a very simple method:

1) I downloaded GamerDaPro's BIOS.
2) I downloaded the latest version of ATI Winflash.
3) Uninstalled display driver.
4) Used command prompt to flash GamerDaPro's BIOS onto the card (Google it, really simple).
5) Reboot after flashing.
6) Install new display driver and reboot.
7) Unlocked.

I recommend that you backup your BIOS first, of course.
Ecstasy of Gold
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 4.4GHz ASUS P6X58D-E Asus HD 6950 (6970 BIOS) 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Black 1TB Windows 7 (x86) Acer AL2216W 22" Corsair 850HX 850W 
Case
Antec 900 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
Ecstasy of Gold
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 920 @ 4.4GHz ASUS P6X58D-E Asus HD 6950 (6970 BIOS) 4GB Corsair XMS3 DDR3 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
WD Caviar Black 1TB Windows 7 (x86) Acer AL2216W 22" Corsair 850HX 850W 
Case
Antec 900 Black 
  hide details  
Reply
post #24 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speirs;15597917 
How would you know if it's laser cut, would GPU-Z still display '1536' even though they're no longer there or would it not unlock/still display 1408?

Yes, after the flash process the card's shader will still display 1408 on GPU-Z which means it's laser cut. But you already flashed successfully so which means you are from the lucky ones ^^
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Asus DCII 6950