Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › ZOWIE GEAR AM and AM GS Discussion *Updated Pictures*
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

ZOWIE GEAR AM and AM GS Discussion *Updated Pictures* - Page 16

post #151 of 215
when will the review before the release come out?
pewsys1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Asus P8P67 Deluxe B3 580GTX 8GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
60GB OCzSSD, 2x500gb SamF1 raid0, 2x1tb SamF1raid0 LG blueray/hddvd GGC-H20L Windows 7 Ultimate Benq XL2410T 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries 7G 720W Enermax Infiniti Silverstone Temjin TJ-07 Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries Qck+ Fnatic 
  hide details  
Reply
pewsys1
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
2500k Asus P8P67 Deluxe B3 580GTX 8GB Corsair Vengence DDR3 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
60GB OCzSSD, 2x500gb SamF1 raid0, 2x1tb SamF1raid0 LG blueray/hddvd GGC-H20L Windows 7 Ultimate Benq XL2410T 120hz 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Steelseries 7G 720W Enermax Infiniti Silverstone Temjin TJ-07 Logitech G9x 
Mouse Pad
Steelseries Qck+ Fnatic 
  hide details  
Reply
post #152 of 215
i can not entirely agree with this no driver necessary. i would for example prefer a 800 dpi setting, and there is simply no way i get this with this mouse without in game sensitivity settings, which i simply dont enjoy to mess with it as i am not focused on just "that one game i play 6h daily".

if this would be a steelseries mouse i probably could use the ss exact sens feature to get 800 (even tho inter/extrapolated) dpi as firmware setting.
post #153 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by somiao View Post

Afaik there is no perfect sensor in the market, even the deathadder suffers from a ridiculous lod.


Not in the market, but a DA 3G rev.2 with the IR-LED exchanged with a red-LED is perfect in every aspect.
-low LOD
-no precticiton
-no neg./pos. accel
-no jitter
-perfect tracking up to at least 45cm/360° ingame
PC
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230v3  MSI Z87-G43 MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G (1506/4001@1.231v) 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung evo 830 120GB  Samsung evo 840 250GB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH ed. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro x64  Acer Predator XB240HA(G-SYNC) Logitech G410  be quiet! Straight Power E7 580W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide Series 300R Steelseries Rival (White ed.) Artisan Shiden Snow White L XSOFT  Soundblaster Z 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD-590 AKG K712 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230v3  MSI Z87-G43 MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G (1506/4001@1.231v) 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung evo 830 120GB  Samsung evo 840 250GB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH ed. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro x64  Acer Predator XB240HA(G-SYNC) Logitech G410  be quiet! Straight Power E7 580W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide Series 300R Steelseries Rival (White ed.) Artisan Shiden Snow White L XSOFT  Soundblaster Z 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD-590 AKG K712 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #154 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skar View Post

i can not entirely agree with this no driver necessary. i would for example prefer a 800 dpi setting, and there is simply no way i get this with this mouse without in game sensitivity settings, which i simply dont enjoy to mess with it as i am not focused on just "that one game i play 6h daily".
if this would be a steelseries mouse i probably could use the ss exact sens feature to get 800 (even tho inter/extrapolated) dpi as firmware setting.
I'm against drivers but a software that doesn't have to run in the background can have its benefits (features + comfort) but I don't really understand your reasons.
You have to adjust the ingame sensitivity anyway because different games handle the same CPI differently.
Also, when it comes to adjusting sensitivity I take the ingame setting over every other solution that is set between mouse sensor readings and the game.

Allthough on the desktop it's the best solution to get your prefered sensitivity.

@thuNDa

Did you ever actually meassure the max. speed with this LED mod?
post #155 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuNDa View Post

Not in the market, but a DA 3G rev.2 with the IR-LED exchanged with a red-LED is perfect in every aspect.
-low LOD
-no precticiton
-no neg./pos. accel
-no jitter
-perfect tracking up to at least 45cm/360° ingame

what is this red-LED mod you're talking about and how do I apply it?
post #156 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullveyr View Post

@thuNDa
Did you ever actually meassure the max. speed with this LED mod?

Enotus mousetest shows ~3.5m/s when it rounds the resolution down to 400DPI on my qck heavy.
I hardly could move it faster physically.


@vocroth

you desolder the IR-LED and solder in a red-LED(i just took one from another mouse) instead.
But it works only with a rev.2 of the DA 3G, while rev.3 and DA 3.5/Abyssus start to freak out at low speeds already with a red-LED.
Edited by thuNDa - 11/17/11 at 7:42am
PC
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230v3  MSI Z87-G43 MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G (1506/4001@1.231v) 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung evo 830 120GB  Samsung evo 840 250GB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH ed. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro x64  Acer Predator XB240HA(G-SYNC) Logitech G410  be quiet! Straight Power E7 580W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide Series 300R Steelseries Rival (White ed.) Artisan Shiden Snow White L XSOFT  Soundblaster Z 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD-590 AKG K712 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230v3  MSI Z87-G43 MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G (1506/4001@1.231v) 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung evo 830 120GB  Samsung evo 840 250GB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH ed. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro x64  Acer Predator XB240HA(G-SYNC) Logitech G410  be quiet! Straight Power E7 580W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide Series 300R Steelseries Rival (White ed.) Artisan Shiden Snow White L XSOFT  Soundblaster Z 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD-590 AKG K712 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #157 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuNDa View Post

Enotus mousetest shows ~3.5m/s when it rounds the resolution down to 400DPI on my qck heavy.
I hardly could move it faster physically.
@vocroth
you desolder the IR-LED and solder in a red-LED(i just took one from another mouse) instead.
But it works only with a rev.2 of the DA 3G, while rev.3 and DA 3.5/Abyssus start to freak out at low speeds already with a red-LED.

Hmm, do you know what rev. the guild wars edition is?
post #158 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by vocroth View Post

Hmm, do you know what rev. the guild wars edition is?

rev.3 frown.gif
PC
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230v3  MSI Z87-G43 MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G (1506/4001@1.231v) 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung evo 830 120GB  Samsung evo 840 250GB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH ed. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro x64  Acer Predator XB240HA(G-SYNC) Logitech G410  be quiet! Straight Power E7 580W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide Series 300R Steelseries Rival (White ed.) Artisan Shiden Snow White L XSOFT  Soundblaster Z 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD-590 AKG K712 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
PC
(18 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Intel Xeon E3-1230v3  MSI Z87-G43 MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G (1506/4001@1.231v) 16 GB Corsair Vengeance LP 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveCooling
Samsung evo 830 120GB  Samsung evo 840 250GB 2x Samsung Spinpoint F1 Scythe Mugen 4 PCGH ed. 
OSMonitorKeyboardPower
Win 10 Pro x64  Acer Predator XB240HA(G-SYNC) Logitech G410  be quiet! Straight Power E7 580W 
CaseMouseMouse PadAudio
Corsair Carbide Series 300R Steelseries Rival (White ed.) Artisan Shiden Snow White L XSOFT  Soundblaster Z 
AudioAudio
Sennheiser HD-590 AKG K712 Pro 
  hide details  
Reply
post #159 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by thuNDa View Post

rev.3 frown.gif

bummer!
post #160 of 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullveyr View Post

I'm against drivers but a software that doesn't have to run in the background can have its benefits (features + comfort) but I don't really understand your reasons.
You have to adjust the ingame sensitivity anyway because different games handle the same CPI differently.
Also, when it comes to adjusting sensitivity I take the ingame setting over every other solution that is set between mouse sensor readings and the game.
Allthough on the desktop it's the best solution to get your prefered sensitivity.

Why would you chose in-game settings over a) register settings of the sensor b) firmware algorithms?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Mice
Overclock.net › Forums › Components › Mice › ZOWIE GEAR AM and AM GS Discussion *Updated Pictures*