Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Cnet] Giant asteroid to get closer than moon
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

[Cnet] Giant asteroid to get closer than moon - Page 8

post #71 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMark View Post
It has gravity and it is close, so its going to do something when it passed, but it might take 1-3 days for the earthquake to happen, just a prediction =/.
You want close and gravity. Have at it. BTW live in oklahoma. Had a 5.3 quake here and there's not a fault line for hundreds of miles from us. This sucker can pump the earth deep and on any kind of crust.

Goofy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 4850e 2.4Ghz 22 watts 1.1v 1500HT 300FSB Gigabyte GA-M78SM-S2H What I'm Testing 2 2gb Geil PC6400 960MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 160gb SATA-II Pioneer DVR 111D Redhat Core 12 x86_64, Windows XP HANNspree 20" 1600x900 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitec Premium Desktop Mini-Box M3-ATX 120 Watt DC-DC Spire Logitec 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac 
  hide details  
Reply
Goofy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 4850e 2.4Ghz 22 watts 1.1v 1500HT 300FSB Gigabyte GA-M78SM-S2H What I'm Testing 2 2gb Geil PC6400 960MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 160gb SATA-II Pioneer DVR 111D Redhat Core 12 x86_64, Windows XP HANNspree 20" 1600x900 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitec Premium Desktop Mini-Box M3-ATX 120 Watt DC-DC Spire Logitec 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac 
  hide details  
Reply
post #72 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrews2547 View Post
[tinfoil hat]Apparently it is either going to hit Nigeria or Australia[/tinfoil hat]

Someone told me that today. They were speaking to me face to face so I don't have any links or proof other than what I typed there.
Na, the possible area it could crash in is this:



Worst case scenario, it hits the Pacific and creates a city destroyer wave that's about 300 meters tall and literally rapes all the coastal zones. Best case scenario, it hits Siberia, destroying a lot of forest. A lot of it.
..
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T@3445MHZ 1.2V/ SB Pentium G620@0.84v ASUS M4A79XTD EVO/ ASUS P8P67 Sapphire 6870/ Club 3D 5770 2x2gb Kingston DDR3 1333mhz @ 1467mhz 7-7-7-17 
Hard DriveOSPower
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Home 64bit Corsair 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
..
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T@3445MHZ 1.2V/ SB Pentium G620@0.84v ASUS M4A79XTD EVO/ ASUS P8P67 Sapphire 6870/ Club 3D 5770 2x2gb Kingston DDR3 1333mhz @ 1467mhz 7-7-7-17 
Hard DriveOSPower
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Home 64bit Corsair 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #73 of 110
Sep 9, 2010. Two asteroids, 11-hours apart, passed between the Earth and the Moon around 65feet across enought to leave a mark anyhow, isn't it something like 2-3 a month the size of a car pass between the earth and moon.
Mostly For Gaming
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820K EK cooled ASUS x79 680, EK cooled G.skill 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
512GB 840 Pro  ASUS DVD Burner 3 Loops which consist of 7 Waterblocks, 4 Radia... 8.1pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ZR30w S-IPS 2560x1600 Ɠ19 SILVERSTONE ST 1500W Custom 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Ɠ500 Ɍocketfish SENNHEISER 
  hide details  
Reply
Mostly For Gaming
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-4820K EK cooled ASUS x79 680, EK cooled G.skill 16GB 
Hard DriveOptical DriveCoolingOS
512GB 840 Pro  ASUS DVD Burner 3 Loops which consist of 7 Waterblocks, 4 Radia... 8.1pro 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
ZR30w S-IPS 2560x1600 Ɠ19 SILVERSTONE ST 1500W Custom 
MouseMouse PadAudio
Ɠ500 Ɍocketfish SENNHEISER 
  hide details  
Reply
post #74 of 110
Where's Bruce Willis when you need him?
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
Black Sand
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7 2600k @ 4.8GHz ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z EVGA GTX 580 SLI 8GB Corsair Dominator GT @ 1885 MHz 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
60GB Mushkin Callisto Deluxe +1TB WD Caviar Black Windows 7 Home Premium ASUS VW246 Corsair HX-850 
Case
HAF 932 
  hide details  
Reply
post #75 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hephasteus View Post
snip
What did you just link? That was some crazy random talking about comet elenin? That wasn't a "dwarf star" it was a comet!
Mr. Piggy
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
Mr. Piggy
(16 items)
 
  
Reply
post #76 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilmaypoop View Post
Worst case scenario, it hits the Pacific and creates a city destroyer wave that's about 300 meters tall and literally rapes all the coastal zones. Best case scenario, it hits Siberia, destroying a lot of forest. A lot of it.
He was way off then lol If it does hit Siberia then there won't just destroy a lot of forest. It will probably cause quite a bad earthquake as well. I am just guessing about the earthquake thing though lol.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #77 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by IcyPimpHand View Post
What did you just link? That was some crazy random talking about comet elenin? That wasn't a "dwarf star" it was a comet!
Elinin's not a comet. Comets don't set off earthquakes. Massive iron cores of dwarf stars running around do though. It's going to be here at 6pm est. 11-9-11. My computer will be shut off most of tomorrow and all of the day after. Emergency broadcast system will have a test over entire country on 11-9-11 but the test won't end with return to normal programming. It just grabs all the stations tunes it to the broadcast system and leaves it there is what i've heard from people involved with those systems.

I've studied prophecy quite a bit and the new madrid fault line is supposed to blow in US at some point. But I can't say if this will get US or some other country or what. When it aligned at great distance on way in it did japan. I can't even imagine what this sucker is going to do being this close.
Governments have been building deep underground bunkers and stocking them like mad. But someone blew a lot of those up.

And of course the people who run the big machine are not wanting to care about it at all. They are simply looking at it as an oportunity to take over the few countries that do not have a rothchilds bank. Since they got libya they only have cuba, Iran, North Korea and Sudan left.
And they spent all last week and this week destroying europe and trying to get IMF guys in there as dictators.
Goofy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 4850e 2.4Ghz 22 watts 1.1v 1500HT 300FSB Gigabyte GA-M78SM-S2H What I'm Testing 2 2gb Geil PC6400 960MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 160gb SATA-II Pioneer DVR 111D Redhat Core 12 x86_64, Windows XP HANNspree 20" 1600x900 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitec Premium Desktop Mini-Box M3-ATX 120 Watt DC-DC Spire Logitec 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac 
  hide details  
Reply
Goofy
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 4850e 2.4Ghz 22 watts 1.1v 1500HT 300FSB Gigabyte GA-M78SM-S2H What I'm Testing 2 2gb Geil PC6400 960MHZ 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
Hitachi 160gb SATA-II Pioneer DVR 111D Redhat Core 12 x86_64, Windows XP HANNspree 20" 1600x900 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Logitec Premium Desktop Mini-Box M3-ATX 120 Watt DC-DC Spire Logitec 
Mouse Pad
Xtrac 
  hide details  
Reply
post #78 of 110
You know, that sounds insane. Actually, it is. Elinin has no effect on Earth.
..
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T@3445MHZ 1.2V/ SB Pentium G620@0.84v ASUS M4A79XTD EVO/ ASUS P8P67 Sapphire 6870/ Club 3D 5770 2x2gb Kingston DDR3 1333mhz @ 1467mhz 7-7-7-17 
Hard DriveOSPower
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Home 64bit Corsair 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
..
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
1055T@3445MHZ 1.2V/ SB Pentium G620@0.84v ASUS M4A79XTD EVO/ ASUS P8P67 Sapphire 6870/ Club 3D 5770 2x2gb Kingston DDR3 1333mhz @ 1467mhz 7-7-7-17 
Hard DriveOSPower
Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB Windows 7 Home 64bit Corsair 600W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #79 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hephasteus View Post
Emergency broadcast system will have a test over entire country on 11-9-11 but the test won't end with return to normal programming. It just grabs all the stations tunes it to the broadcast system and leaves it there is what i've heard from people involved with those systems.
I heard all communication services will be shut off for 3 minutes as well. By communication services I mean the internet, land line phones and mobile phone services. Shouting at someone far away will still be usable when this happens though.
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
    
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD Ryzen R5 1600 Asus PRIME B350 PLUS  AMD Radeon HD7950 16GB Corsair Vengence (2x8GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOS
1TB WD Blue 500GB WD Blue 120GB Hitachi Windows 10 Pro 
MonitorMonitorKeyboardPower
LG 32LD450 Dell Ducky DK9008 OCN Edition Corsair TX650v2 
Case
Fractal Design Core 3000 
  hide details  
Reply
post #80 of 110
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hephasteus View Post
Elinin's not a comet. Comets don't set off earthquakes. Massive iron cores of dwarf stars running around do though. It's going to be here at 6pm est. 11-9-11. My computer will be shut off most of tomorrow and all of the day after. Emergency broadcast system will have a test over entire country on 11-9-11 but the test won't end with return to normal programming. It just grabs all the stations tunes it to the broadcast system and leaves it there is what i've heard from people involved with those systems.

I've studied prophecy quite a bit and the new madrid fault line is supposed to blow in US at some point. But I can't say if this will get US or some other country or what. When it aligned at great distance on way in it did japan. I can't even imagine what this sucker is going to do being this close.
Governments have been building deep underground bunkers and stocking them like mad. But someone blew a lot of those up.

And of course the people who run the big machine are not wanting to care about it at all. They are simply looking at it as an oportunity to take over the few countries that do not have a rothchilds bank. Since they got libya they only have cuba, Iran, North Korea and Sudan left.
And they spent all last week and this week destroying europe and trying to get IMF guys in there as dictators.
Me thinks you need to take the tinfoil hat off for a few days and get some sun shine...
Gaming rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E8600 ASUS Striker Extreme eVga 8800 gts 640 OCZ Platinum 4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD2500JS NEC DVD+-RW Windows XP SP3 2x LG L226WTX 22" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ideazon Merc Stealth Ultra Atx 600 Cooler Master CM690 Logitech Mx 518 
  hide details  
Reply
Gaming rig
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
C2D E8600 ASUS Striker Extreme eVga 8800 gts 640 OCZ Platinum 4gb 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
WD2500JS NEC DVD+-RW Windows XP SP3 2x LG L226WTX 22" widescreen 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse
Ideazon Merc Stealth Ultra Atx 600 Cooler Master CM690 Logitech Mx 518 
  hide details  
Reply
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Technology and Science News
Overclock.net › Forums › Industry News › Technology and Science News › [Cnet] Giant asteroid to get closer than moon