Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Zalman cnps12x
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Zalman cnps12x

post #1 of 5
Thread Starter 
Anyone have one? Think it would cool an 8 core Xeon at 4Ghz?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835118097
post #2 of 5
my other rig has one on a Q8300 @ stock and it idles in the 40s(ambient 30-35c) in an antec 300
under load it gets to low 50s(which isn't very often so its fine)

I don't think it would handle a octacore xeon @ 4ghz well
there are a lot better air coolers such as the coolermaster V6GT or the noctura DH14
AzuraChan
(13 items)
 
Haruna
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1055T Asus M4A88TD-V Evo/Usb3 EVGA GTX460 1GB SC + 9800GT Phsyx 2x2GB Corsair 1333MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
6.8TB Total w7 + ubuntu 19" something Seasonic S12II 520W 
Case
modded antec 902 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
I7 3630QM GTX660M 2GB + HD4000 8GB 1600Mhz 1TB  
Optical DriveOSCase
Blu Ray thing Win8 64bit Lenovo Y580 
  hide details  
Reply
AzuraChan
(13 items)
 
Haruna
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1055T Asus M4A88TD-V Evo/Usb3 EVGA GTX460 1GB SC + 9800GT Phsyx 2x2GB Corsair 1333MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
6.8TB Total w7 + ubuntu 19" something Seasonic S12II 520W 
Case
modded antec 902 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
I7 3630QM GTX660M 2GB + HD4000 8GB 1600Mhz 1TB  
Optical DriveOSCase
Blu Ray thing Win8 64bit Lenovo Y580 
  hide details  
Reply
post #3 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukefission View Post
my other rig has one on a Q8300 @ stock and it idles in the 40s(ambient 30-35c) in an antec 300
under load it gets to low 50s(which isn't very often so its fine)

I don't think it would handle a octacore xeon @ 4ghz well
there are a lot better air coolers such as the coolermaster V6GT or the noctura DH14
This cooler beat out the D14 on Guru's review. Believe you're thinking about another Zalman
post #4 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Karnage View Post
This cooler beat out the D14 on Guru's review. Believe you're thinking about another Zalman
Fail ._.
I rechecked,I have the cnps10x
Apologies I tend to jump before I think
AzuraChan
(13 items)
 
Haruna
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1055T Asus M4A88TD-V Evo/Usb3 EVGA GTX460 1GB SC + 9800GT Phsyx 2x2GB Corsair 1333MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
6.8TB Total w7 + ubuntu 19" something Seasonic S12II 520W 
Case
modded antec 902 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
I7 3630QM GTX660M 2GB + HD4000 8GB 1600Mhz 1TB  
Optical DriveOSCase
Blu Ray thing Win8 64bit Lenovo Y580 
  hide details  
Reply
AzuraChan
(13 items)
 
Haruna
(7 items)
 
 
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
Phenom II x6 1055T Asus M4A88TD-V Evo/Usb3 EVGA GTX460 1GB SC + 9800GT Phsyx 2x2GB Corsair 1333MHZ 
Hard DriveOSMonitorPower
6.8TB Total w7 + ubuntu 19" something Seasonic S12II 520W 
Case
modded antec 902 
CPUGraphicsRAMHard Drive
I7 3630QM GTX660M 2GB + HD4000 8GB 1600Mhz 1TB  
Optical DriveOSCase
Blu Ray thing Win8 64bit Lenovo Y580 
  hide details  
Reply
post #5 of 5
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nukefission View Post
Fail ._.
I rechecked,I have the cnps10x
Apologies I tend to jump before I think
No need to be sorry
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Air Cooling
Overclock.net › Forums › Cooling › Air Cooling › Zalman cnps12x