New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Ubuntu?? - Page 2

post #11 of 22
Go advanced, manage attachments.
For sale
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-920 Asus P6T Deluxe Asus GTX460 TOP 768mb G Skill ECO 1600 CAS7 1.35V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Vertex 60 GB raid[0] Asus DVDRW W7,Ubuntu 2 xAsus VH236H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse Pad
Razer Ultra X3 1000W HAF 932 My Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
For sale
(13 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i7-920 Asus P6T Deluxe Asus GTX460 TOP 768mb G Skill ECO 1600 CAS7 1.35V 
Hard DriveOptical DriveOSMonitor
2x Vertex 60 GB raid[0] Asus DVDRW W7,Ubuntu 2 xAsus VH236H 
KeyboardPowerCaseMouse Pad
Razer Ultra X3 1000W HAF 932 My Desk 
  hide details  
Reply
post #12 of 22
If Ubuntu gets too complicated for you, i recommend Linux Mint 9 or 10, it certainly is a good windows to linux transition.
Boinzy 2017
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, 06G-P4-6163-KR... G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
TOSHIBA X300 HDWE160XZSTA 6TB 7200 RPM Samsung 850 Evo 250GB Cooler Master 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer GN246HL 144hz Nixeus Moda Pro Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX B... Antec Earthwatts 650W Thermaltake Chaser A41 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Bose Companion 2 
  hide details  
Reply
Boinzy 2017
(15 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
i5 3570k 4.2Ghz Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H  EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 SC GAMING, 06G-P4-6163-KR... G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingOS
TOSHIBA X300 HDWE160XZSTA 6TB 7200 RPM Samsung 850 Evo 250GB Cooler Master 212+ Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit 
MonitorKeyboardPowerCase
Acer GN246HL 144hz Nixeus Moda Pro Mechanical Keyboard Cherry MX B... Antec Earthwatts 650W Thermaltake Chaser A41 
MouseAudio
Logitech G400 Bose Companion 2 
  hide details  
Reply
post #13 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcdolphin View Post
Go advanced, manage attachments.
ok thanks
post #14 of 22
Going to a linux vs. Win7 could reduce demand on system resources. Optimizing win7 might get you the same about of benefit. I would start by making sure that all appearance settings and aero are turned off. Make sure that your pagefile is adequate. You said you are currently running 2GB of ram, I would look to upgrading to 4, or 8 if the machine can take it.
One last upgrade that probably is your biggest system bottleneck is your HDD. If you are currently using the origional HDD that came with the laptop I would look into an upgrade. An SSD should change the experiance of using that machine with out the need to update ram or OS, although with the age of the machine I would look at all upgrades if you want to get another year or two out of it.
Mako
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1090T Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 MSI R5770 Hawk 4x4GB G.Skill 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 WD 2x2T Black, 1T Black, 1T Blue 2TB, 1TB, 500GB Asus CD/DVD 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ p/p Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium OEM Vizio XVT472SV 1920x1080 Logitech K120 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec EarthWatts EA650 Xion CyborgX Logitech G500 SteelSeries QcK 
Audio
Onkyo 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
Mako
(17 items)
 
  
CPUMotherboardGraphicsRAM
AMD 1090T Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3 MSI R5770 Hawk 4x4GB G.Skill 1600 
Hard DriveHard DriveHard DriveOptical Drive
Crucial M4 WD 2x2T Black, 1T Black, 1T Blue 2TB, 1TB, 500GB Asus CD/DVD 
CoolingOSMonitorKeyboard
Hyper 212+ p/p Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium OEM Vizio XVT472SV 1920x1080 Logitech K120 
PowerCaseMouseMouse Pad
Antec EarthWatts EA650 Xion CyborgX Logitech G500 SteelSeries QcK 
Audio
Onkyo 5.1 
  hide details  
Reply
post #15 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fooliobass View Post
Going to a linux vs. Win7 could reduce demand on system resources. Optimizing win7 might get you the same about of benefit. I would start by making sure that all appearance settings and aero are turned off. Make sure that your pagefile is adequate. You said you are currently running 2GB of ram, I would look to upgrading to 4, or 8 if the machine can take it.
One last upgrade that probably is your biggest system bottleneck is your HDD. If you are currently using the origional HDD that came with the laptop I would look into an upgrade. An SSD should change the experiance of using that machine with out the need to update ram or OS, although with the age of the machine I would look at all upgrades if you want to get another year or two out of it.
Hey thanks for the advice. With some help over the last day. i did a lil optimizing and downloaded some the the programs mentioned. Now my computer is running a bit better and quicker. I will post my bootracer screenshot so you guys can see.
post #16 of 22
Thread Starter 
ok guys heres the screen shot of my bootracer time

edit: how come i went to manage attachment and uploaded the screen shots but i dont see it up here?
Edited by darkRyu - 11/6/11 at 8:50am
post #17 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkRyu View Post
ok guys heres the screen shot of my bootracer time

edit: how come i went to manage attachment and uploaded the screen shots but i dont see it up here?
http://imgur.com/
post #18 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlells01 View Post
Hey so do i just copy and paste the link after i upload via Imgur? I've never done this before. Thanks
post #19 of 22
Thread Starter 
Ok here goes. I just copy and paste the links from Imgur.com Hopefully the links works.
http://i.imgur.com/B4Fail.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RDF3Pl.jpg
post #20 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkRyu View Post
Ok here goes. I just copy and paste the links from Imgur.com Hopefully the links works.
http://i.imgur.com/B4Fail.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/RDF3Pl.jpg
124% decrease in boot time...outstanding!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Operating Systems