Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Will this kill my graphics card?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Will this kill my graphics card? - Page 2

post #11 of 22
perfectly fine. see how high it goes when at full load.

btw I suggest if you have MSI afterburner use the profiling feature it has

you can have it at default voltages and stock when at windows with low fan settings when you're at 2d mode and automatically change to 3d mode or your overclocked settings when you are gaming.
post #12 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1649 View Post
You can increase voltage a bit then test with higher clocks. If artifacts either back down the clocks or increase voltage or back down both. The chips have limitations. Max full load temperature on full load 70-75°C.
what's the safe increment for voltages on GPUs? Does increasing the voltages help with achieving more stable OCs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Xeb View Post
Your fine. Actually those are really really nice temps.
post #13 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jprovido View Post
perfectly fine. see how high it goes when at full load.

btw I suggest if you have MSI afterburner use the profiling feature it has

you can have it at default voltages and stock when at windows with low fan settings when you're at 2d mode and automatically change to 3d mode or your overclocked settings when you are gaming.
that is at full load ~59C for top and ~50C for bottom
post #14 of 22
temps are fine, voltages may be another issue.
post #15 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingAzn628 View Post
that is at full load ~59C for top and ~50C for bottom
lol great temps @_@ OC IT MOAARRR
post #16 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by naizarak View Post
temps are fine, voltages may be another issue.
How much should I increase the voltages by let's say if I want to OC it to 1000mhz / 1050mhz?
post #17 of 22
Thread Starter 
I put it to 1000mhz at stock voltages and my top card crashed now it's at 975mhz for both still same temps
post #18 of 22
Thread Starter 
a lil update:

top card stable for 12 hours full load at 975mhz and bottom card hasn't crashed yet so I boosted it up to 1ghz!
post #19 of 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingAzn628 View Post
How much should I increase the voltages by let's say if I want to OC it to 1000mhz / 1050mhz?
Try the increament of 10mV then test the clocks. Should not be more than 50mV over the stock voltage and you can consider it safe. Also, watch all the temps with GPU-Z under sensor tab.
ケンジ
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-3960X i7-980X GA-X79-UD7 / GA-X58A-UD9 7970 + 465 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2x 6990 + 580 16GB 2133 MHz 24GB 2000 MHz 120GB x 2 RAID0 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB x 4 RAID0 Raptor 300GB x 2 RAID0 CPU-370 CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
VID-AR699 EK FB X58A-UD9 Win 7 Ultimate x64 1500W / 1250W+1200W 
  hide details  
Reply
ケンジ
(16 items)
 
  
CPUCPUMotherboardGraphics
i7-3960X i7-980X GA-X79-UD7 / GA-X58A-UD9 7970 + 465 
GraphicsRAMRAMHard Drive
2x 6990 + 580 16GB 2133 MHz 24GB 2000 MHz 120GB x 2 RAID0 
Hard DriveHard DriveCoolingCooling
120GB x 4 RAID0 Raptor 300GB x 2 RAID0 CPU-370 CPU-370 
CoolingCoolingOSPower
VID-AR699 EK FB X58A-UD9 Win 7 Ultimate x64 1500W / 1250W+1200W 
  hide details  
Reply
post #20 of 22
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken1649 View Post
Try the increament of 10mV then test the clocks. Should not be more than 50mV over the stock voltage and you can consider it safe. Also, watch all the temps with GPU-Z under sensor tab.
I don't want to burn out these cards so I'll just leave the voltages alone

Anyways a little update

Well I got it running great all night. When I woke up, turned on the monitor and my top card crashed (OC;d at 975mhz) so I did a restart and downclocked it to 950mhz and OC'd my bottom card to 1000mhz!!!

I currently have both fans at 85%, should I up it like you said?

Top GPU Temp is at around 60C at night and 66C during the day
Bottom GPU Temp is at around 52C at night and 58 during the day
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: AMD/ATI
Overclock.net › Forums › Graphics Cards › AMD/ATI › Will this kill my graphics card?